Home General Discussion

Vherf

Comments

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting on in five minutes
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    Get yo butts on the vherf...no Friday night takers?
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    Hop on, there’s 3 of us on
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on 
    I’m on
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please explain how to access this. Is it Skype or something else?
    TIA
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google hangouts. Install it, then click on the link if the very first post.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Install the app on your phone or mobile device, if you use a computer, the link will open in your browser. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I installed Google Hangouts and it gave me a Gmail account, didn't see the first post and I'm using my lap top. Help

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to page 1 then the first post there is a link, click it then select join.  I'll be on.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I’ll be on tonight around 9:00 if there’s any takers
    I’m going to hop on in about an hour
    Strike that. I’ll be on around 1015. It’s two dollar Margarita night.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any latenighters tonight?
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanging out on the Vherf, come and join me
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On right now with Paul 
    I still can't get this to work. If somebody has some time would you walk me through this? I downloaded the google hangout app and that's as far as I get. I don't see the join or click here button. As you can tell not very computer literate. Thanks
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the first post in this thead (or Yakster's signature) and with your device, click on that link.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link in my signature. 
    The only thing I get when I go to the home page is what happened to the Vherf icon.
    Yak, I didn't see anything for your signature sign in.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Link in my signature. 
    Might just be my phone but I don't see your signature anymore
    A little dirt never hurt
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The signatures don't appear on my phone. I only see them on the tablet
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hangouts installed. I clicked the link. But I don't get anything. Am I simply trying when no one else is on?
    If you click join call and you stare at yourself, then yes no one else is on.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    If you click on the link and instead of opening the Google Hangouts app, it opens a link to the Google Play store instead than you may not be able to launch the Google Hangouts vHerf session from your browser.  It used to work fine for me on my phone, but now it no longer does.  What you can do is copy the Google Hangouts vHerf link and paste it into a note application (I use Evernote) and then click on the link from that app and it will launch the Google Hangouts app with the right vHerf group hangout.

Here's the link:  https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ckieb7hgken9db3jbcfrif0coo8

On my tablet and on my computer, I can just click on the link, but it no longer works on my phone, so I have to resort to this workaround.  Also, there's no way to save the ongoing group hangout that we use for vHerf within Hangouts or search for it within Hangouts, you need to be able to launch the Hangout app from the link for it to start the right group hangout.

I hope that this helps out.

Charlie and I are on join us.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried and failed. The link took me to the play store. I already have the app installed.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is everyone? Passed out already?!?! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.