Home Non Cigar Related
Options

First anniversary gift ideas

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I need to get a gift for my wife for our first anniversary and I dont have any good ideas. She gave me my present early and it was a 400ct humidor that will fit boxes. Now the pressure is on. T minus 12 days. I would like it to be something that she can keep and remember but at the same time I dont want to just buy something to buy something. If nothing works out my backup plan are ballroom dance lessons. Needless to say, we need to find something that works out.

Comments

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    There's this silver humidor on ebay....
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    There's this silver humidor on ebay....
    LOL Totally!

But for real, it's always hard to give advice for presents for other people, cuz we really don't know what she'd like. MY fiance, for example, would LOVE the ballroom dance lessons, especially if I took them with her (but she's also been doing dance for years). As a matter of fact, I may very well get that for her for Christmas...thanks for the idea! Lol.. Another thought, depending on how much your lady likes jewelry (mine lOves it) - an heirloom quality piece is always nice. I don't mean a $50 necklace and earring set from Crescent Jewelers (or whomever is your local 'meh' jeweler), but a real unique piece, maybe customized or engraved. Something of good enough quality that it can become a family heirloom.. Just some thoughts!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    DO NOT get her an ab roller!
  • Options
    TheShaun:

Her ex bf got her a vaccume. No Joke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Goldy:
    TheShaun:

Her ex bf got her a vaccume. No Joke.

Thats why he's an ex ...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Buy her a box of cigars that you will really enjoy, and she can enjoy watching you smoke them.... Maybe that's a reason i've never been married....
  • Options
    I've got nothing for you man. I have a hard enough time coming up with b-day gift ideas for my fiancee. Mercifuly, neither of us remember the exact date we started dating. So, anniversary gifts are a moot point in our house right now.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how about a bowling ball with the name "Homer" on it?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Take a piece of notebook paper, fold it in half like a card. Write inside of this-

"Money is tight, times are hard, here's your damned old anniversary card."

Seriously, I've got nothing. There's a reason why I'm single. Sorry bro.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Check these out:

http://www.nextag.com/wedding-anniversary-memory-books/shop-html

Not too spendy, but very sentimental. Chicks dig sentimental. I'd go with one of those books and a nice piece of jewlery. Another cool thing to accompany it would be getting one of your wedding photos professionally matted and framed, or reproduced into a painting (or even having it printed on canvas and framed). You go with a combo of those three things and she will love it.
  • Options
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    http://www.gifts.com/Traditional-Wedding-Anniversary-Gifts.html

"Year - Gift"

Seems like we're back where we started....
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she has a charm bracelet, get her a special charm. If she doesn't, get her started on one and you'll always have an idea for gifts for any anniversary, birthday, special event, etc. Women love jewelry!
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I always like getting my wife something weird or interesting that relates to our relationship along with some "serious gift". For the serious gifts does she collect anything? Starting a collection for her is a good idea as it sets you up to get many presents down the road. Figurines, porcelain dolls, lighters, whatever and you can get one for every occasion down the road. My mom collects Lladros which are pretty but kind of spendy. A few funny ideas: When I used to get under my wife's skin she'd say something like "i deserve an award" or "I deserve a trophy". So for our 4 year anniversary I got her a trophy that read "Bearing the burden of Bobby for Four Years!" She loved it. Recently she offered me a gummy bear and i took the last red one (her favorite) so this year for her birthday she's getting this.

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

This site has some really neat stuff on it. I'm getting the floating book shelved for a few people for christmas this year. Check out the beer mug that holds five beers or the wine glass that holds a whole bottle. Best of luck my friend.
  • Options
    I don't know what was better. the gummi bear or the video ad for the gummi bear. Both were pretty equally awesome in my opinion.
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    I don't know what was better. the gummi bear or the video ad for the gummi bear. Both were pretty equally awesome in my opinion.
    They have videos for most if not all of their products and they are all hilarious.
  • Options
    In our line of work we can't wear jewerly so I think that is out. I found some first anniversary toilet paper which might be a good paper gift but then I dont know what to get her for a real gift. I like Tonys idea about the photo frame.

She doesn't even really like jewerly which is slightly ironic because I dabble in metal casting and would like to try and make something.

If the gummy bear wasn't out of stock...
  • Options
    Goldy:
    In our line of work we can't wear jewerly so I think that is out. I found some first anniversary toilet paper which might be a good paper gift but then I dont know what to get her for a real gift. I like Tonys idea about the photo frame.

She doesn't even really like jewerly which is slightly ironic because I dabble in metal casting and would like to try and make something.

If the gummy bear wasn't out of stock...
    Back in stock tomorrow supposedly. I'm pouncing on the red one.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Go classy, Weiner in a box....
  • Options
    Boxes are made from paper.. I like it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    you could wrap the box with paper too!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    How about a night or weekend away? Nice hotel, fancy dinner and (if she's into jewelry) a piece of jewelry that you could slip her during or right after dinner. This way she has the memories of the time spent together and the piece of jewelry to remind her of it. Chicks are sentimental like that.

....and I've never been married.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    you could wrap the box with paper too!

paper cuts.....ouch....
  • Options
    Well I decided to get her a sampler pack of Tabak cigars and this Journal. Since she got me the 400ct humidor its only fitting that she have some realestate in it. Thanks for all of your helpful comments.

• Options
    That thing looks effin badass man! Where'd ya get it?

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

I buy everything off ebay, including my wedding ring.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

Wow... I like Ebay and all, but certain things I like to hold in my hands before forking over cash..

• Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    That journel is pretty sweet, I aslo like the glass of wine that holds a bottle. That way I won't feel like such a wino, and I don't have to use my Dave and Buster TNT glass. Which works pretty well also
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Well I decided to get her a sampler pack of Tabak cigars and this Journal. Since she got me the 400ct humidor its only fitting that she have some realestate in it. Thanks for all of your helpful comments.

Win.
  • Options
    Hays:
    Goldy:
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

Wow... I like Ebay and all, but certain things I like to hold in my hands before forking over cash..

ya, I did feel a little odd about that one. Mine was 25 bucks compared to 600 at the jewlery shop. Hers on the other hand, was not. but I did pay about 60% less and had it appraised at 130% over the ring she wanted. I didn't get the stone on ebay, but I did get that online too...