2»

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    Goldy:
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

I buy everything off ebay, including my wedding ring.
    Wow... I like Ebay and all, but certain things I like to hold in my hands before forking over cash..

ya, I did feel a little odd about that one. Mine was 25 bucks compared to 600 at the jewlery shop. Hers on the other hand, was not. but I did pay about 60% less and had it appraised at 130% over the ring she wanted. I didn't get the stone on ebay, but I did get that online too...
    Hey Goldy.... can you shoot me a PM with some info??? I've been with the lady for 2 years now and I think it's about time that I started getting serious.... (I'm just curious... not gonna pop SOON)
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    Goldy:
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

Wow... I like Ebay and all, but certain things I like to hold in my hands before forking over cash..

ya, I did feel a little odd about that one. Mine was 25 bucks compared to 600 at the jewlery shop. Hers on the other hand, was not. but I did pay about 60% less and had it appraised at 130% over the ring she wanted. I didn't get the stone on ebay, but I did get that online too...
    Hey Goldy.... can you shoot me a PM with some info??? I've been with the lady for 2 years now and I think it's about time that I started getting serious.... (I'm just curious... not gonna pop SOON)
    Hey Lasabar - that's awesome that you're even thinking about it man. Seems like so many BOTL I know have something against getting married... who da thunk?

Personally, I would've never bought my lady's ring (currently engaged) online - I'm very particular about things, and I know that I personally inspected the diamond with a loop, knowing what I was looking at, and knowing that I was forking out 4 figures for the best damn diamond available there... I don't know how easy it'd be to get that kind of self-assurance buying from a screen. That's not to say that it can't be done and done well - not everybody has my hangup, that's for sure... Just my .02. I went with Shane Company, if you're curious, and I've been very happy with them since.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of SHANE COMPANY, but any PM would be helpful...

I'm gonna marry this girl, that's for sure, but when and where is a question....
    But I'm up for any great ideas!!!!!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Lasabar:
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    Goldy:
    ebay. Ships from Turkey.

Hey Lasabar - that's awesome that you're even thinking about it man. Seems like so many BOTL I know have something against getting married... who da thunk?

Personally, I would've never bought my lady's ring (currently engaged) online - I'm very particular about things, and I know that I personally inspected the diamond with a loop, knowing what I was looking at, and knowing that I was forking out 4 figures for the best damn diamond available there... I don't know how easy it'd be to get that kind of self-assurance buying from a screen. That's not to say that it can't be done and done well - not everybody has my hangup, that's for sure... Just my .02. I went with Shane Company, if you're curious, and I've been very happy with them since.

I hear what you are saying Hays, I had the same fears when I bought it but the company I bought it from is the worlds largest online seller and they offer a 30 day money back guarentee. I work in diamond exploration and work for the company who mines Diavik but I have NO confidance that I could visually tell the difference between a VS1 and VVS2 because a 10x loupe is really only good for finding inclusions in SI.

All of their stones come with a lazer etched serial number too. And you can choose the country of origin if thats important to you.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    PM for Lassy