Home General Discussion
Options

UPDATE - Now Nine Months Cigarette Free!

13»

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    New Boots:
    Today makes 9 months! Sorry, but I'm pretty happy about this! I honestly didnt think I'd make it this far.
    thats freakin awesome Jay! I'm almost 4 months without snuff. And hating every minute of it. How have you been doing on the the eating thing. I'm eating all the time mostly fruit and veggies but I've had to kick my walks up a notch from 1 hour to 2 hours every day so I'm just able to keep my weight steady. Don't want to gain back all I lost.

Yea the weight. You have done an outstanding job, but be careful of using the extra time just to eat. It is the bane of everyone who has quit cigarettes.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Today makes 9 months! Sorry, but I'm pretty happy about this! I honestly didnt think I'd make it this far.
    are you able to taste cigars better?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    New Boots:

i would say that all of the people who I know that have quit smoking it takes about 2 to 4 years for taste buds to return to normal. Of course there are a lucky few and it happened a lot sooner. Maybe it has something to do with how long you had the habit.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    kuzi16:
    New Boots:

i would say that all of the people who I know that have quit smoking it takes about 2 to 4 years for taste buds to return to normal. Of course there are a lucky few and it happened a lot sooner. Maybe it has something to do with how long you had the habit.
    Well, I've been able to pick up some notes I didn't used to find. However, I think that's more of really trying to develop the pallet than it is taste buds and what not coming around. I've also been working on being able to retro most of the sticks I smoke. The retro helps a TON.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    New Boots:
    thats freakin awesome Jay! I'm almost 4 months without snuff. And hating every minute of it. How have you been doing on the the eating thing. I'm eating all the time mostly fruit and veggies but I've had to kick my walks up a notch from 1 hour to 2 hours every day so I'm just able to keep my weight steady. Don't want to gain back all I lost.
    See, I don't have this issue. I could eat 5000 calories/day, and not gain a pound.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Rhamlin:
    New Boots:
    See, I don't have this issue. I could eat 5000 calories/day, and not gain a pound.
    I was opening this thread to read about your success and congradulate you, then I read your last post and want to ring your skinny little neck!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bob Luken:
    Congratulations. You should feel proud you've made it a reality. In fact I think you should change the title of your thread now to something big like "Now Nine Months Cigarette Free!"
    +1 what a great accomplishment. I was one of those, "I only smoke when I drink" kinda guys that full time smokers hate bc we're always bumming smokes. When I decided I was done it was easy for me to stop. Cant imagine what you've went through! Congrats again and someone shoot me his addy!!!
    ...ah crap
    Still waiting on this......anyone, anyone?
    Cant believe no one has sold you out yet! Man, you got some good friends!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    mmccartneydc:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bob Luken:
    Congratulations. You should feel proud you've made it a reality. In fact I think you should change the title of your thread now to something big like "Now Nine Months Cigarette Free!"
    +1 what a great accomplishment. I was one of those, "I only smoke when I drink" kinda guys that full time smokers hate bc we're always bumming smokes. When I decided I was done it was easy for me to stop. Cant imagine what you've went through! Congrats again and someone shoot me his addy!!!
    ...ah crap
    No...no I don't, them not selling me out scares me more than anything
  • Options
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    mmccartneydc:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bob Luken:
    ...ah crap
    Let me ease your fears Bootsie. Doc, I'll get that to you some time today when I have my BORK-A-DEX near by and don't have three kids in my lap
  • Options
    FireRob:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    mmccartneydc:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bob Luken:
    ...ah crap
    Let me ease your fears Bootsie. Doc, I'll get that to you some time today when I have my BORK-A-DEX near by and don't have three kids in my lap
    Heh...don't worry Robby. I have a time bomb sitting in my cooler, with your name on it. Maybe it's about time to send it. I already have the addy
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Does this mean you're short on cigars?????
  • Options
    New Boots:
    FireRob:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    mmccartneydc:
    New Boots:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bob Luken:
    ...ah crap
    Heh...don't worry Robby. I have a time bomb sitting in my cooler, with your name on it. Maybe it's about time to send it. I already have the addy
    Hold on to that a little longer, I have no where to store it. Better yet keep it for your self as a no cig's reward. If you send me something I'll have to send you twice as many Camacho's back just so I'd have a place for yours.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Congrats! Does this mean you're short on cigars?????
    I refuse to answer these questions