Home General Discussion

Texas Herf 4 - 4/12/2015

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
***Texas Alliance Members*** Rain - 4/4/2014 The founder of the Texas Alliance, he's equal parts awesome, self centered, amazing and delusional. It was once said of him "F*** I hate that guy." Tony - 4/4/2014 Nobody has heard from this Army vet, and it's assumed that he's dead. No word on the location of his AB Pryme collection. Nathan - 4/4/2014 A man of few words but large cigar collections, he is a master craftsman and is rumored to be the inspiration of Pai Mei from Kill Bill and Masamune. Brad - 4/42014 The honorary Aussie member, herfs are usually done at his abandoned shack. An expert cook and birthday planner, rumor has it that the Australian government is requesting his extradition. Bill - 7/9/2014 A wine and purple drank afficianado, he's not a member of the forums due to the fact that he'd probably lose his job due to the tom foolery and johhny f***around that goes on. Steve - 4/12/2015 After 25 years of keeping our boarders safe from seeds, Mr Brisket invented the Stubble Nubber. Feel safe that wherever this man is, no roach clips will have to be used. Scott - 4/12/2014 The man with the mustache, he is also a scissor thief and sharpie hoarder. When not pulling coins out of odd places or throwing playing cards, he loves a mild coffee, flavorless cigars and making his customers coffee with a french press at 3am. ***Texas Alliance Charter*** 1 - I like cigars. 2- I like food. 3 - I don't believe in the vilification of dingos, they don't really steal babies!

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I've tried to do this before, but the few Texans on here don't frequent the place much.Anywho, now we have Walt, Coach and Nathan that I can think of off the top of my head. Also, Jim Adelt is here for a bit.When and where?
    I'm so far away from everyone else, I'd be like the low grade that brings down everyone's average. No wait... that just makes me sound bad. I'm the guy that made a 100 when everyone else made 30s, and I screwed up the class curve. No wait... that sounds bad too. Hmph. Half way between anyone and me would put us meeting in San Angelo at least (I think). So if you guys come up with a place, might as well go convenient for you all. I'd like to. And between April-October would be better weather-wise for me and my HOG.
  • I can't drive right now but can do something in March. After March I'm slammed with Baseball Season. In San Antonio so Austin, Waco, Temple, Ft Hood are pretty good for me.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My schedule is pretty flexible and I would be good with anywhere from here to Corpus
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Let's plan to discuss this again in March, then.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Rain:
    Let's plan to discuss this again in March, then.
    If we can get this ironed out with 3-4 weeks in advance, I can probably make it as well.
    Just so I know, what do these herbs involve? You know... Other than the herfing. What could one expect... Overnight... Etc.
    WaltBasil:
    Just so I know, what do these herbs involve? You know... Other than the herfing. What could one expect... Overnight... Etc.
    Well, I like paprika.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Hey Walt were you gonna ride the whole way or take a chase vehicle? Id be willing to tag along since im so close. i could be the token "mexican" LMAO

AJ
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I'm in. just let me know where and when.

Also, anyone in the Dallas area ever want to get together for a quickie (waiting for all the snide remarks) herf just pm me.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    This is Texas.... gotta have a lot of chili powder and cilantro.
  • BUMP
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    I'm in. just let me know where and when.

Also, anyone in the Dallas area ever want to get together for a quickie (waiting for all the snide remarks) herf just pm me.

Man, there is a cigar shop there that has the BEST Cuban-press sandwich I have ever had. Awesome selection in the walk-in as well, lol.

And on-topic, I'm in. I should be home by the beginning of March, in Killeen so Austin or anywhere else within an hour or two of there is good for me.

And @Walt: Damn man, that is a hell of a ride. We went down to El Paso to see some family last year in June, was like 8-9 hours.
  • I know our fearless leader [Rain] said we would revisit this in March, but wanted to get a jump on a good date so I can plan ahead. I believe March 10-14 is Spring Break week and I think I'll be in Pfluegerville on 3/1 so that might be a good date or 3/22. Just throwing a few dates out there. What do you all think?
    I can do any weekend or whenever the four day is that month.
    When are we going to trial run in Austin? That's about in the middle of Coach and I. Plus Nathan has the coolest cat ever.
    Rain:
    When are we going to trial run in Austin? That's about in the middle of Coach and I. Plus Nathan has the coolest cat ever.
    Look at Rain... trying to scope out the joint already. Probably wants time to hang all his notes on the wall. So he can feel at home.
    Half of the notes are death threats.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Half of the notes are death threats.
    to the muppets of Seasame St.

Aj
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    You guys should meet in Lubbock and I'll come! Oh wait... nevermind.
  • I like the idea of a trial run in Austin. Let me know when.
    Hmm...Nathan!!!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Rain said to check out this thread so here I am.
    Just some FYI on me I got three kids in diapers and have to watch them 6 out of 7 days with an exception of the days I am at the fire station. So with that said as much as I'd love to be a part of this I prob won't be able to make it
    Robert
    But I will keep watching for the details just in case
    Can't herf at the fire station?
    Well as the Lieutenant I can make something unofficially happen I supose
    FireRob:
    Well as the Lieutenant I can make something unofficially happen I supose
    Haha, that's awesome! "By order of the LT....we have to start smoking cigars???"
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make just about any date work, There is a B&M close by that has a "public" area inside, a couple of tables and chairs it's a good sized room they also have an outdoor paito and we can bring whatever to drink. I haven't been willing to shell out the $$$$ to join the "private" lounge although I can get a day pass if anyone want's to watch TV. There is also a smaller lounge close by as well as a couple down south.
    Four day weekend coming up....so I can do any day Friday to Monday.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Austin is perfect for me as well; but I thought we aiming at mid-March for this?