Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Posting Addys

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I got a PM earlier from a member asking me not to publically post their addy. Of course I respected(ed) their wishes, but if it bothered him it probably bothered other people. So this is me saying I'm sorry if I posted yours and it upset you, will not happen again. Keep this in mind before you post a picture of someone's addy as well. Not everyone is comfortable with it, and let's respect their wishes.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I got a PM earlier from a member asking me not to publically post their addy. Of course I respected(ed) their wishes, but if it bothered him it probably bothered other people. So this is me saying I'm sorry if I posted yours and it upset you, will not happen again. Keep this in mind before you post a picture of someone's addy as well. Not everyone is comfortable with it, and let's respect their wishes.
    so you're saying I need to post your addy?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I don't give an eff about mine.72008 Austin AveFort Hood TX 76544
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I don't give an eff about mine.72008 Austin AveFort Hood TX 76544
    Bork-a-dex is now up to date...thanks
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    What about just zip codes?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    What about just zip codes?
    I post the PO receipt which includes the zip sometimes. No one has said anything yet. I'd like to know as well if they're not comfortable with that.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zip codes seem fine to me. But lately a bunch of guys are posting full names and addy's maybe as a joke and it is kinda funny BUT. Even though to some of you it may not seem important, I'm sure there are members here (and I am one of them) who have good reasons to take their privacy serious and don't want their real names and addresses displayed on the internet for all the world to see.
  • mine is
    Chris Lewis
    112 Stanton Rd.
    Havertown, PA 19083
    I like the prems
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    It's bad form. Addys can always be pm'ed. Posting your own, absolutely. But claiming you have say...BigT'a new addy, well that can start a storm of pm's lol. I remember when I posted my new one for Greg lol. Good times.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Maus
    700 W. Ball Road
    Anaheim CA 92802

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Michael Maus
    700 W. Ball Road
    Anaheim CA 92802

?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    webmost:
    Michael Maus
    700 W. Ball Road
    Anaheim CA 92802

?
    His friends call him Mickey.
    Donnell Duq
    1675 N Buena Vista Dr
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    73namragic:
    mine is
    Chris Lewis
    112 Stanton Rd.
    Havertown, PA 19083
    I like the prems
    Moron? D-Bag? D!ck? Retarded? I just cant figure it out.
    webmost:
    Donnell Duq
    1675 N Buena Vista Dr
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

lol nice.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    A good practice not to post anyones addy. And I am guilty of it once.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    What about coercing a newb into posting his own?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    I'm morally fine with this.
    blutattoo:

Like a girl voluntarily showing her boobs? That's cool all day long. But if YOU pull up HER shirt. Not cool.
    What about Birthdays? For example, anyone know Brian's? Feel free to PM lol

Edit: It didn't show up in his bio but it does now (assuming it's correct)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I feel bad for posting Jim's but I'll make it right. One and only time.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    I feel bad for posting Jim's but I'll make it right. One and only time.
    That might be a little different since the only people that didn't already have it were the one or two people on the forum he hasn't bombed yet.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    edited August 2016
    I'm bumping this old thread today because I see somebody has done it again. We've discussed this many times before. And, I'm not calling out anyone in particular. It's just that this message needs to be repeated from time to time. 

Don't expose someone's addy on this public forum.

While it seems like this is all fun and games between just us, we should consider our privacy. It brings up personal safety and identity theft concerns. And, before any of you say "No one should expect privacy in this day and age" I'll say this, if you really feel that way, go ahead and post your own addy in your signature line if you really want to prove that point. 

We should be able to trust one another. For you to publicly expose another member's address is a breach of trust. Maybe you didn't realize it ( or maybe you don't care or maybe even the exposed member doesn't care) but, it's a line you shouldn't cross.   
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Bob.

And to add to that, be careful when sending your address to another member that you're actually using the PM system, and not posting it to their wall where it's open to all members.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, Bob.

And to add to that, be careful when sending your address to another member that you're actually using the PM system, and not posting it to their wall where it's open to all members.
    Is the wall public? I mean, can anyone on the internet look at it? Maybe it's being exposed to more than just members. 
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, Bob.

Who would do something like that?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, Bob.

Is the wall public? I mean, can anyone on the internet look at it? Maybe it's being exposed to more than just members. 
    It absolutely is public. Try signing out and viewing a profile. Everything posted on the wall shows up. I definitely agree re: addresses. This crap comes up on google; it is not a members only forum. Never post an address without the other person knowing and agreeing. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the offending member contacted to let them know? I am not tech savvy, but I don't think I've done that. Usually pms I go to my inbox and new message. Is that the correct way?
    Rain said:
    I don't give an eff about mine.

72008 Austin Ave
    Fort Hood TX 76544
    Now you've gone and done it. Now you're apt to get a water bill, an electric bill, a Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes entry, three offers to transfer your credit card debt to another bank charging twice as much, Red Plum coupons, and a throwout newspaper in a plastic bag on your driveway. 

Me, of course, I never get any of that.

Bob_Luken said:
    blutattoo:

Like a girl voluntarily showing her boobs? That's cool all day long. But if YOU pull up HER shirt. Not cool.

Damn. Really? I spose I better stop doing that. Not so fast as I used to be.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I found this forum was reading the wall on Cigar.Com Community, discussions, and I had not signed up. So everything that is posted can be seen by anyone.  I am new here, but I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't public. Just good FYI.
    Bob_Luken said:
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, Bob.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!