Home General Discussion
Options

Do you own this humidor?

I was wondering if anyone had this particular humidor

new humidor

My main concern is the shelves inside and whether or not they are set wide enough apart to allow a box to fit in there. And also if one of the shelves could be removed without damaging the unit.

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome and I want one.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    its really cheap compared to what it holds, my current one holds 50. This one holds 300-400. My 50 Ct cost me $80. This 300-400 Ct runs on ebay for $77 + FREE shipping. I am ready for this to be my intermediate solution until I get my hands on a cabinet. I just want to be able to store a box or 2.

• Options
    Ahah..... I thought I'd seen that before. Somebody on this forum does indeed have that humidor I think - they were talking about it. Construction and seal quality was an issue from what I recall, and the poster considered it purely an 'intermediate solution'... So it may be exactly what you're looking for. I considered it myself due to the capacity, but I hesitate to buy low-quality stuff.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Isnt that the same humi that Krieg just bought?????
  • Options
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/72933.aspx here it is a link to krieg's post
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Yup, I have it. Its basically expensive tupperware thats worth the 77 bucks in my opinion.
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/72933.aspx here it is a link to krieg's post

Hmmm, might want to check that link...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's the one I bought. Should get it tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it is...btw...might wanna see if you can make a better offer...I ordered mine for $69 (w/ free shipping).

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Wow, that's a real nice one. I hope the glass doesn't mess with the temp too much.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Careful with those ebay humidors. I ordered one and it was an expensive box with no seal. If you order it, check the seal when it arrives. Mine had glass on the lid and it was loose. Zero seal. The lock was a joke and didn't actually work. And I could see the glue they used when it was put together. The lid fell and had no resistance. The hinges were crappy as well.

I believe it was from the seller 'gadgetbestbuy'

They sell boxes that looks like humidors. Trust me, find a cigar website to buy a humi from. Not from a seller on ebay that also sells toilet seats....

The only good thing about that seller, is that I got a full refund. Also, their estimate for how many cigars it will hold is WAY off! The one I ordered from ebay said 120 count. The measurements of the box were 11.25"L x 7.75"W x 6"H. The humidor I have now (that actually seals) is a 75-100 count and measures 13.75"L x 9.50"W x 6.25"H. Right now I have about 65 cigars in mine and it is getting full with lots of beads and two hygrometers.

Don't buy a humi through ebay. I did, and it was an expensive mistake.
  • Options
    Wonderful, oh well...guess we will see.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Goldy:
    Yup, I have it. Its basically expensive tupperware thats worth the 77 bucks in my opinion.
    goldy, how's the seal on yours?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Rad, you have a PM
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Goldy:

Not sure I understood that ...you consider it to be no more than Tupperware BUT worth the 77.00 dollars ...
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Sorry Kreig; didn't mean to burst your bubble. It was just my own experience, so it may be different for you. It just appeared to me that they were assembled poorly and when compared to a better humidor, it just didn't match up. They were good about me returning it though. Send me a PM if you would like to know where I got mine from. It came with a lifetime warranty ;-)
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Not sure I understood that ...you consider it to be no more than Tupperware BUT worth the 77.00 dollars ...
    Well it IS a little bit more aesthetically pleasing than tupperware, I would think... and what piece of tupperware have you seen that can hold 300 cigars?

• Options
    Hugemoose:
    Krieg:
    Sorry Kreig; didn't mean to burst your bubble. It was just my own experience, so it may be different for you. It just appeared to me that they were assembled poorly and when compared to a better humidor, it just didn't match up. They were good about me returning it though. Send me a PM if you would like to know where I got mine from. It came with a lifetime warranty ;-)
    I just hope it's got a good seal. I don't need something fancy. I have a great desktop humi...just need something w/ more room and aging some smokes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The seal on mine was good but not great. I think it will hold humidity but I will be going through a bit more water than I usually do.
  • Options
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Well it IS a little bit more aesthetically pleasing than tupperware, I would think... and what piece of tupperware have you seen that can hold 300 cigars?

Exactly
  • Options
    Krieg:
    Hugemoose:
    Krieg:
    I just hope it's got a good seal. I don't need something fancy. I have a great desktop humi...just need something w/ more room and aging some smokes.
    Oh I understand that. The 120 count I got from ebay was $45 shipped. The "imperfect" 70-100 count that I have now, and was actually larger than the 120 count, was $40 plus shipping from another site. Besides a blemish in the wood, it is perfect.

For proper aging I would get something that has a great seal. What's nice about the place where I bought mine, is that they test the seals before they go out. And if it is bad, they have a lifetime guarantee. It was the best cigar related purchase I have ever made.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    So after reading my PM and reading Kriegs post, I sent the seller a quote saying that the seals could be bad along with shotty workmanship... etc. We'll see what they reply, but I am thinking this could be a best buy. I looked at cheaphumidors and their damaged seconds don't cut the mustard for what I want, and their firsts are too expensive for my immeadiate needs.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Exactly
    <br. I see ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Exactly

I see ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Exactly

I see ...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:
    Hays:
    gmill880:
    Goldy:

Exactly

I see ...
    a good cooler would hold 300+ cigars. again, if you are going for a look... this wont cut it. But if you are going for volume alone, you got a winner.
  • Options
    one of my humidors i bought from the same place on FLEA BAY "gadgetbestbuy" ...... not saying it wasnt worth it but i have a good seal ....... they just totally exagerate the capacity ..... mine claims to be a 125count and iam luck to over stuff 75 in there ...... dont need to stuff it any more as i have two others a 50ct and 20ct and project coolidor getting ready to take place in the next few days i wont be needing any more storage ....... mine is the silly display with glass on sides and front and the temp goes up and down ..... so it does have to be monitered closely ...... just my 2cents fellas' ....
  • Options
    Hey Rad1964 or Hugemoose could you send me a message as to where I can pick up one of those good affordable humidors. I've been shopping around for a 300+ ct. Thanks
  • Options
    BTJR99:
    Hey Rad1964 or Hugemoose could you send me a message as to where I can pick up one of those good affordable humidors. I've been shopping around for a 300+ ct. Thanks
    Pm sent.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    i was looking on ebay last night and stumbled on these , at first i thought they look awesome maybe i would snag one up but after reading closer i have decided to stay away. arent all those lined with cedar not spanish cedar? pretty sure there is a differance correct?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Joel H.:
    i was looking on ebay last night and stumbled on these , at first i thought they look awesome maybe i would snag one up but after reading closer i have decided to stay away. arent all those lined with cedar not spanish cedar? pretty sure there is a differance correct?
    Yes... Spanish Cedar is actually a Mahogany wood.... (Spanish Cedrola.... I think....... ask Kuzi)