Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Why can not we all forget and move on?

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
Things were done and punishment was dealt out. I am over it and hold no animosity towards anyone except myself for putting myself in a precarious situation. But as I breath, the World spins and the Sun will come up tomorrow and a new and bright day shall emerge. Let us all try and concentrate on tomorrow and forget the past shall we?

Comments

• Options
    I feel in an unusual and very welcome mood tonight. I hope to find everyone in such a good place.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Seems to me like that's what he's going for Randy.

Rodney take a break, go fishing, have a cigar, clear your head.
  • Options
    I will take a break from my usual writing for the rest of the night and wish all a good night's sleep.

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    *makes popcorn*
  • Options
    All is good if you let the gladness in your heart guide you.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    *makes popcorn*

:-)

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Nachos
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Rain:
    I'm Rain, and I'm newb-sauce
    Popcorn?!
  • Options
    I am in an especially good mood tonight, anyone stand in need of something within reason?
  • Options
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose and if in some way I have upset anyone on the forums, then here and now I make a formal apology, the only question is will you accept it?

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose and if in some way I have upset anyone on the forums, then here and now I make a formal apology, the only question is will you accept it?

send me some opus x and I'll forgive you for whatever you did. lol. Jk. :)
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    yeah, this guy wasn't the other brand new account.......OK
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Rodney!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose.>
    Gotta disagree with you on that one.
    Arguing is a form of debating. Debating can be productive.
    If you can argue reasonably and civilly, then that is productive.
    And coming from a family of 6 kids, I can debate the hell out of doing the dishes. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    I am under the assumption that there is never a need to argue for it serves no purpose.>
    And coming from a family of 6 kids, I can debate the hell out of doing the dishes. LOL!
    Actually debating is a form of arguing. I agree with you though. Arguing can be hostile but it need not be. It's actually such a broad category that practically anything that you state to someone else with an objective is an argument.

If you can get your hands on the book "How To Argue and Win Every Time" by Gerry Spence, read it. It's fantastically entertaining, enlightening, and funny.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:
    Actually debating is a form of arguing. I agree with you though. Arguing can be hostile but it need not be. It's actually such a broad category that practically anything that you state to someone else with an objective is an argument.

If you can get your hands on the book "How To Argue and Win Every Time" by Gerry Spence, read it. It's fantastically entertaining, enlightening, and funny.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

But what if the subject of the argument is arguing itself? Is it then debate or in fact arguing in the first place?

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

I had the embed code copied ready to past but you beat me lol
  • Options
    I'm not arguing.
    Yes you are.
    Are not.
    Are two.
    Dee two.
    Wait, what?

Arguing is motivated debating.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ^^^^ Haha! Great minds think alike! ^^^
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

But what if the subject of the argument is arguing itself? Is it then debate or in fact arguing in the first place?

Depends on how you go about it actually. A debate is simply a formal argument.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?
    If so than I have to rethink most of the discussions in my life.

• Options
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?

Oh... now you're just trying to pick a fight... which is quantitatively and qualitatively different from an argument or a debate... just sayin'.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Yes, all debating is arguing. Most people get confused her because they think arguing is something they do with their spouse or someone else they dislike.
    No. Not all arguments are debates. Debates have formal guidelines and are conducted civilly. Often debates are overseen and those not following the guidelines are excused from the debate, not unlike these forums with its moderators.

If the debate strays, becomes course, insulting, inflammatory, or derogatory, then it simply becomes a quarrel, a squabble, an altercation. Take your pick. It's still an argument, but no longer a debate.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Oh... now you're just trying to pick a fight... which is quantitatively and qualitatively different from an argument or a debate... just sayin'.

According to the information I have been given, I am simply debating an argument. Or is it arguing a debate. Now I am confused, what was I trying to say here anyway? Either way it is civil and that my friends is what really matters. Is it not?

• Options
    I'm glad you're back Rodney.
  • Options
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I'm glad you're back Rodney.

Could not have came back to a more fun conversation than this.

• Options
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    clearlysuspect:
    0patience:
    RBeckom:

Yes, all debating is arguing. Most people get confused her because they think arguing is something they do with their spouse or someone else they dislike.
    No. Not all arguments are debates. Debates have formal guidelines and are conducted civilly. Often debates are overseen and those not following the guidelines are excused from the debate, not unlike these forums with its moderators.

If the debate strays, becomes course, insulting, inflammatory, or derogatory, then it simply becomes a quarrel, a squabble, an altercation. Take your pick. It's still an argument, but no longer a debate.

Where could I find such a overseer to keep me out of trouble?