Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Why can not we all forget and move on?

2»

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?
    This is to say "All pennies are coins, thus all coins are pennies."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heart you people! :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    Then can we assume that if all debating is arguing is it then logical to assume that all arguing is debating?

Have to disagree here because coins are different colors therefore and therefore only they can not all be the same.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    Yes, but all coins are worth at least a penny. [US speaking].
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    clearlysuspect:
    RBeckom:
    Yes, but all coins are worth at least a penny. [US speaking].
    At least for now but in this market today that may soon change drastically.
    on a side note, I know of a few fellows who decided that melting pennies for the copper content would be a worthwhile endeavor until they found out about the zinc content.
    :-)
    People can be humorous sometimes.
    Makes life worth living.

• Options
    I awoke this morning to see the sun shining and thought to myself.
    "This is a new and wonderful day."
    You see today I came clean to the moderators about all I had done and let them make a decision as to my fate here on the forums.
    If after their debating, they decide that further punishment is call for, please do not hold them responsible for my actions.
    I did wrong, I was punished.
    I created a persona to circumvent the rules and I was wrong to do so.
    If they deem that more punishment is necessary, I accept it without animosity and wish everyone to understand their point.
    It in no way means that I would stop buying from them as my account would be active with the exception to participating on the forums.
    I would still read the words of you, the people whom I have come to admire, even so.
    Rules are necessary to keep society going and this forum is no exception.
    And I argue not against the rules.
    I hope this clears things up for all who thought I was wronged when, in fact, I was the one doing the wrongs.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been following any of this. But this bit puzzles me: Why are our words out of place all getting? Like "And I argue not against the rules," and "Why can not we all forget.." One of my favorite quotes from Winnie Churchill came when his book editor wrote in the margin: "Do not end a sentence with a preposition." Winnie wrote back: "This is an impertinence up with which I shall not put."

... and now back to your regular programming
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    I haven't been following any of this. But this bit puzzles me: Why are our words out of place all getting? Like "And I argue not against the rules," and "Why can not we all forget.." One of my favorite quotes from Winnie Churchill came when his book editor wrote in the margin: "Do not end a sentence with a preposition." Winnie wrote back: "This is an impertinence up with which I shall not put."

... and now back to your regular programming

Each person develops a certain style with they're writing and sometime in the past this particular style took root and became part of who I am. I often do it because of it's uniqueness, sometimes for fun. Let me ask you this one question. Why does it offend you as it should simply be overlooked as one mans style of communication after all really?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I like Winnie. I have read his six volume history of WWII enough times to own them hard bound. And I like that story, too. I thought it might lift the mood.

One of the owners of this company called up to report she was taking off early last Friday to go pick up her grandchildren. Complained about the long ride on icy roads. I suggested she get the grandchildren to tell her their favorite kindergarten jokes, to pass the time. I like how they crack up when they tell their jokes. The grandson is at the age where bodily functions are fascinating. His favorite went like so:

"Why was Eeyore staring in the toilet?"
    "He was looking for Pooh!"

Are you?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    But I like Winnie. I have read his six volume history of WWII enough times to own them hard bound. And I like that story, too. I thought it might lift the mood.

One of the owners of this company called up to report she was taking off early last Friday to go pick up her grandchildren. Complained about the long ride on icy roads. I suggested she get the grandchildren to tell her their favorite kindergarten jokes, to pass the time. I like how they crack up when they tell their jokes. The grandson is at the age where bodily functions are fascinating. His favorite went like so:

"Why was Eeyore staring in the toilet?"
    "He was looking for Pooh!"

Are you?

Touch
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    welcome back Rodney

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    welcome back Rodney