Home General Discussion

In Some Trouble....

I just discovered the devils site. And I thought the sprint sale was bad. This is way worse. Save me because I don't know if I can save myself.

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    You're eff'd.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    You're on Cbid aren't you?
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    New Boots:
    You're on Cbid aren't you?

Yes.... :/
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    O just sent me the info on that. Best & Worst day of my life. Damn I need a job ! O-o
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, can be a bit scary there.
    On one hand, you get some killer deals.
    On the other hand, it reminds me where I've gotten some of the worst cigars I've ever smoked, because I made a bid and no one else did. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I wish I new how to bid on this site. The stuff I look at always seems to go for near retail. Although I am expecting an order from there Monday on a box I got a great deal on.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Boxes are the way to go there, but retail is where a lot of the more popular stuff lands. I find I get better deals with a rep on cigar.com when it comes to the newer stuff.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Boxes are the way to go there, but retail is where a lot of the more popular stuff lands. I find I get better deals with a rep on cigar.com when it comes to the newer stuff.
    You can get some of the older high end stuff for really good deals if you're not super picky about vitola. if you haven't already, get a cooler. You'll need it.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I may have discovered this site far too early... might have placed a few too many bids that then forced the bidding onto another humidor...

but this is all hypothetical.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ^^ Agreed, and when you finally discover "The Beard" you will be really eff'ed
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    With time, you will discover that you want to place different orders at different sites. Obviously, the devil site is called that for a very good reason. It is amazing what price you can get some brands. The problem is the shipping. That is where they get you. The Sprint is awesome since shipping is built in. So you can safely just buy one thing and not feel compelled to make additional purchases because the shipping cost will get better with each additional buy.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaaa you will find some stuff much cheaper but there are certain things that actually go over retail thanks too crazy taxes of different states! IMO know what you are buying and know it's true value and your be ok
    Money can't buy taste
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    True dat Drew. I tend to find good prices/deals on lighters, ashtrays and things like that...then I gift them to people when they get a smoke em bomb!
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    ShotgunJohn:
    ddubridge:
    ^^ Agreed, and when you finally discover "The Beard" you will be really eff'ed
    Also known as The Bead.
    Yea, I havent placed any bids yet, I'm taking it slow there just like I did the sprint sale. I watch it often to see how low things get. At the beginning what I thought would be a good deal usually gets quite a bit cheaper. All a learning process. Still need to send the reps at ccom an email because I like the idea of custom samplers.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    whats the devil site?
    Check your PM
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Thanks "O"
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    This site is horrible... but I love it. lol
    I was on the vherf last night when I got 7 emails about bids I won and just shouted F***.
    Be strong...
    EoL:
    I was on the vherf last night when I got 7 emails about bids I won and just shouted F***.
    Be strong...

Wow, you're really diving into the deep end aren't you? Haha I know the feeling. I went from none to a good bit fast. Not at cooler level yet, thankfully.
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

Wow, you're really diving into the deep end aren't you? Haha I know the feeling. I went from none to a good bit fast. Not at cooler level yet, thankfully.

lets just say i have about 20-25 cigars coming in soon....
    Edit: and they are all singles I wanted to try..
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

I know the feeling. I've been buying samplers from local B&M and also ccom. Should have 10 coming soon. It's addictive once you get started.
    LOL!
    It'll take a while, but you'll learn.
    Those sites are evil.
    It's been some time since I've bid on anything.
    If you think that the devil site is bad now, 10 years ago they were dumping all the overruns from the late 90s, when everyone was mass producing cigars, on there and really crappy cigars were going for $10-$20 box.
    Then when you got them, you discovered why no one else was bidding on them.
    Even letting them rest for a year or two didn't help them.
    Sherpa Dos Capas, Pirates Gold or John Bulldog cigars come to mind. [as a shiver runs down spine]
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    LOL!
    It'll take a while, but you'll learn.
    Those sites are evil.
    It's been some time since I've bid on anything.
    If you think that the devil site is bad now, 10 years ago they were dumping all the overruns from the late 90s, when everyone was mass producing cigars, on there and really crappy cigars were going for $10-$20 box.
    Then when you got them, you discovered why no one else was bidding on them.
    Even letting them rest for a year or two didn't help them.
    Sherpa Dos Capas, Pirates Gold or John Bulldog cigars come to mind. [as a shiver runs down spine]

Hence the reason I started lurking and posting here, so I could learn all of this. Haha
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

I know the feeling. I've been buying samplers from local B&M and also ccom. Should have 10 coming soon. It's addictive once you get started.

speaking of samplers... once my next paycheck comes in. I am buying a cooler and ganna be calling ccom and asking them for a sampler sorta thing.. so... i feel ya...
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

speaking of samplers... once my next paycheck comes in. I am buying a cooler and ganna be calling ccom and asking them for a sampler sorta thing.. so... i feel ya...

Sounds like you are going to beat me to the newbie coolers club. I may not be too far behind though...
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I did far too much devil-site-ing last week, and have 2 humidors (100ct + 50ct) incoming, with a large variety of samplers... and ccom gets my money on Thursday for a sampler and a couple singles... Imma try not to go back to said devil site for at least a month... But I am definitely looking forward to smoking my spoils :D
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

Sounds like you are going to beat me to the newbie coolers club. I may not be too far behind though...
    eh it's not a race lol. I just went way overboard. I have just been told to try the sampler. I think after I do this sampler, I'm ganna try and avoid the devil site for a while... Hahaha
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    dandin1:
    EoL:
    Be strong...

eh it's not a race lol. I just went way overboard. I have just been told to try the sampler. I think after I do this sampler, I'm ganna try and avoid the devil site for a while... Hahaha

Resistance is futile!
    I mean probably but I can try... I figured stop Cbid and try trading for some stuff hahaha :)