Home General Discussion
Options

In Some Trouble....

2»

Comments

• Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    I know the feeling. I just won a few auctions myself. It was a case of "man that's cheap, I'll put in a bid because there is no way it could go that cheap". Next thing I know, I have a cutter, an ashtray, a box of cigars and 4 5-packs. Now I keep going back to see what I can win before my ship date to save on combined shipping. Shh, don't tell the wife.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Then I won't tell you about Cigar Auctioneer through Famous Smokes......oooooopppppppssssss.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Then I won't tell you about Cigar Auctioneer through Famous Smokes......oooooopppppppssssss.
    Ouch! Kickin' a brother when he's down! LOL!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Oops. I wasn't supposed to tell them about that one? My bad.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Cigary:

I am staying away from this til I get a raise...
    NO!
  • Options
    RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I should not have googled those sites... they will not be bookmarked!
  • Options
    dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    0patience:
    Cigary:

Thanks guys. That's another tab to stay open now. Y'all are going to get me in trouble! Lol
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hey now, that LT pay isn't all that much!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Pssh :P Officers bring in mucho dinero (but still pennies compared to the private sector...) I vote this guy supplies everyone with a stogie of their choice! hehe I did put on my 3rd stripe last month, though, so $200 more for me! XD
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RedRex06:
    Rain:
    Pssh :P Officers bring in mucho dinero (but still pennies compared to the private sector...) I vote this guy supplies everyone with a stogie of their choice! hehe I did put on my 3rd stripe last month, though, so $200 more for me! XD
    Silly Air Force...nobody knows what your stripes mean!!! ;)I can't expect an officer to buy anything...but some NCOs out there need to "always place their needs above my own" I need some Opus.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dandin1:
    0patience:
    Cigary:

Thanks guys. That's another tab to stay open now. Y'all are going to get me in trouble! Lol
    No problem. Anything we can do to help. We're there for ya brother.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Silly Air Force...nobody knows what your stripes mean!!! ;)I can't expect an officer to buy anything...but some NCOs out there need to "always place their needs above my own" I need some Opus.
    Well in that case, I put on Senior Airman (E-4) at the end of December :P i have to agree, we need to find some NCO's and petition that they need to supply the younger airmen (service before self) with some high quality (excellence in all we do...) tobacco. I see no problems with this!
  • Options
    dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    RedRex06:
    Rain:
    Well in that case, I put on Senior Airman (E-4) at the end of December :P i have to agree, we need to find some NCO's and petition that they need to supply the younger airmen (service before self) with some high quality (excellence in all we do...) tobacco. I see no problems with this!

I see what you did there, you should have worked integrity first int here some how also. Haha
    The LT pay doesn't start until I get to my first base. In today's world that's impossible to figure out, makes it a real pain in finding a place to live. So for now I'm fueling my hobby on meager college kid pay. No good. Lol
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dandin1:
    0patience:
    Cigary:

Enablers the whole lot of you........what that site again???lol..just kidding think its Great everyone try help the brothers find great deals.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    RedRex06:
    Rain:
    Soo, since I had E-4 back in 87, does that mean you will buy me an OPUS?
  • Options
    flowbee:
    RedRex06:
    Rain:
    Soo, since I had E-4 back in 87, does that mean you will buy me an OPUS?
    The bottom line here is that SOMEBODY is an NCO and SOMeBODY needs to be getting SOMEBODY some OPUS. And also, I don't know what opus is. Off to google!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Cant help you with the military stuff...however, this is an opus! http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=305
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Once you know what an Opus is, you are no longer a Newbie.. Congratulations Rex.
  • Options
    I looked at that link, and followed it to the "lost city" variety. Read up on it a little bit... that's quite the background for a cigar. Not sure I COULD smoke that one, since its so expensive... I'd be afraid I was tasting it wrong and wasting the cash XD
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    RedRex06:
    I looked at that link, and followed it to the "lost city" variety. Read up on it a little bit... that's quite the background for a cigar. Not sure I COULD smoke that one, since its so expensive... I'd be afraid I was tasting it wrong and wasting the cash XD
    youll never know what your missing then
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Someone stop me, since winning my first item it has gotten out of hand. I really hope they put it all in one box when they ship it out. I just keep adding more because of the discounted shipping. I am really glad my ship date is Tuesday or this could be really bad. 10 Torch Lighters
    2 5 packs
    1 Box of cigars
    1 Ashtray
    1 Xikar V-Cutter

Hello, my name is Curtis. I am addicted to internet cigar auction sites. I don't know how to stop, someone please help! I am never going to hear the end of this one.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    Someone stop me, since winning my first item it has gotten out of hand. I really hope they put it all in one box when they ship it out. I just keep adding more because of the discounted shipping. I am really glad my ship date is Tuesday or this could be really bad. 10 Torch Lighters
    2 5 packs
    1 Box of cigars
    1 Ashtray
    1 Xikar V-Cutter

Hello, my name is Curtis. I am addicted to internet cigar auction sites. I don't know how to stop, someone please help! I am never going to hear the end of this one.
    what are you going to do with 10 torch lighters? i mean i thought i was bad and i have 5
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh just ROTFLMAO, been there, don't go there nothing good happens.....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    youll never know what your missing then
    Oh I'm sure I'll smoke one, just not necessarily soon... I don't even know what I like, yet.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    curtiscr79:
    2 5 packs
    1 Box of cigars
    1 Ashtray
    1 Xikar V-Cutter

what are you going to do with 10 torch lighters? i mean i thought i was bad and i have 5
    I DON’T KNOW!!! That is when I knew I had major issues. It started with my torch dying and I needed a new one so I started bidding over the weekend, then I got the new bottle of Auchentoshan out. I'm pretty sure that was my downfall. At least I got some really good deals.

Sometimes I really wish those sites didn't have my payment information saved. That would force me to go into the bedroom with my wife in bed asleep to get my wallet.

At this point there is nothing I can do. I will just start tossing them into the next few bombs I send. Leave one in the car, take one to my B&M to keep in my locker, and of course have one to carry.

On that note, who needs a lighter?