Home General Discussion
Options

"beatnic" passed away

It is with much sadness that I inform you that "beatnic" passed away on 12 January 2014. He was very fond of this forum, and the friends he made here. If anyone needs anything, please meal me, his son, at rwaldron@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    R.I.P Rick. You will be missed, my friend.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences for the loss of your father. He was a well respected and appreciated member of our on-line community. I remember him being very helpful to me when I joined. It was always a pleasure to hear from him when he would add his two cents to any conversation. He will be greatly missed here.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss, R.I.P Rick.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    It is with much sadness that I inform you that "beatnic" passed away on 12 January 2014. He was very fond of this forum, and the friends he made here. If anyone needs anything, please meal me, his son, at rwaldron@gmail.com
    My condolences to you and your family.
    He will be greatly missed.
    I personally would like to thank you for your thoughts of us and taking the time to let us know.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Wow. No words... My deepest condolences to you and the rest of his family, know that he was a deeply cherished member of this forum and will be missed sorely.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn! Rick was a good dude. Enjoyed playing poker with him
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you are ok. I always enjoyed his posts, and yes thanks for the news even though it's sad to hear.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss. He will be greatly missed. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Im very sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers to you all. :(
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    You and your family are in our thoughts. Thanks you so much for letting us know. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything that we can do.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. Thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I am so sorry. I was thinking of him all week. Stay strong. He was a good man.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very very sorry for your loss! He was a great guy and will be missed! I hope his family is doing well and best wishes too you all. Please let the family know we all will miss him and please state if you all need anything I'm sure our botl's and sotl's can make almost anything happen
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Go easy Rick, great dude. My deep condolences and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god.....such a young guy. He and I had some great chats and great arguments. I always feared a post like this would come about by someone and feared the day. I am sorry about your father my friend, I am 32 years old and lost my Dad at the same age----not that any age is a good one, but far too young.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. My condolences and he will be in my Prayers tonight.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm am so sorry for your loss, your dad I'm sure you know was a great man, I have played poker and always enjoyed our conversations. We will be praying for you, pleas let us know if we can help in anyway. God Bless.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear about the news about one of our brothers my thoughts and prays go out to the family. What a big hole he will leave in this great forum he will be missed but never forgotten.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed "hanging out" when beatnic was around. He is one of those guys who always has good thoughts and words for all members. I am very sorry to hear this news.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Wow, very sorry to hear about that. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    This is really sad. Im very sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and the rest of your family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Rick and I have chatted numerous times and he was always one that I looked forward to hearing from. My deepest condolences and sympathies for you and your family. I'll keep everyone in my prayers.
    I'm sure it goes without saying that you can contact any of us if there is anything we can help with.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for taking the time to log on and share this info. It is very nice to hear that he enjoyed his time in this place with us. I want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Sorry to hear about Rick. Enjoyed playing fantasy football with him. R.I.P
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear this. Rick and I had some nice conversations and it was always a pleasure trading cigars with him. Truly a stand-up person. I hope you are fairing well through this difficult time. Peace.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I was thinking about him..... It was a pleasure talking to him on the Vherf's about his job and family . My condolences to the whole family, what a shame. If there's anything I or we can do let us know please.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really very sorry to hear of your loss, and ours. The Beatnic was a guy whose level-headed words of wisdom always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and I always appreciated that. He'll be sorely missed on these boards. Please, if there's anything any of us can do please let us know. Prayers and condolences are offered to you and the rest of his family. R.I.P. Rick.....
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    My first trade was with Rick. I'll ALWAYS remember that. May the God of comfort meet you in this.