Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished the second of The Boys, really got into it.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Boys was great. Started Yankee on netflix
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting up Yellowstone.  It's like the Sopranos, only for Ranchers.  Kinda digging it.

On season 3 of Stranger Things.  So far season 3 is looking good.

On Season 3 or Mr. Robot.  First half of season 2 was slow AF but got better after that.

Just finished Sneaky Pete season 3.  Love that show.

Cannot wait for season 3 of Ozark.....

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do watch 3 or 4 shows?  I have to, just have to, watch one until there's no more to watch.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    How do watch 3 or 4 shows?  I have to, just have to, watch one until there's no more to watch.
    Some I watch with Wifey - others I watch while smoking, etc.  I don't binge watch any.  Usually 1-2 at a time and that's it.  Always looking to add more into the mix also as I like to have 3-4 options to choose from at any given time.
    edited August 2019
    How I Met Your Mother is my guilty pleasure. Short enough episodes and inconsequential enough that I can put it on when I'm half asleep and not worry about missing anything.

I may have got my Mother hooked on this show.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Yellowstone and Deadwood on Prime?  I keep looking for them on Netflix, and it doesn't have them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited August 2019
    Yellowstone is on Paramount, something I don't have in my current package. Maybe a few other places as pay per view.

Looks like Deadwood included with Prime and HBO.

I searched with Roku but the following site helps, not sure either is that current.

https://www.justwatch.com/us the streaming video search engine.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can log in with your provider information on a lot of websites to watch their content. Whether or not it's available to you if your package doesn't have Paramount is a different story.

Yellowstone is a great show. 
    Deadwood is an HBO show so I doubt it's available anywhere else. 
    I'm on episode 21 of yankee. Not sure how many there are in season 1 but apparently they want to set a record. I highly recommend the show if you enjoy Narcos and Queen of the South.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Finished yankee and started designated survivor. 2 shows in and I'm hooked
    -- Winston Churchill

Usaf06 said:
    Finished yankee and started designated survivor. 2 shows in and I'm hooked
    Don't bother w/ season 3, it'll make you puke.  I loved the first two seasons but after Netflix took it over and realized they can put stuff in that NBC couldn't, it turned into a SJW message.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it has been mentioned.
    I am actually watching it again, hardly ever do that.

"Justified" on Prime.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon is getting on my nerves lately with their increase in Russian cinema with English subtitles. It's nice that they've finally started to tell us they are Russian, at least.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Amazon is getting on my nerves lately with their increase in Russian cinema with English subtitles. It's nice that they've finally started to tell us they are Russian, at least.
    Yeah, I bought one once that the trailer was in english and then the movie was in Russian with subtitles. Hate that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been watching QB1 Beyond the Lights.  It showcases three different high school football teams each season.  

Last Chance U is also really good.
    Quit designated survivor in season 3. Its sh I t. Started Locked up on netflix. Good so far. 
    -- Winston Churchill

Watching Headhunter on Netflix.  Pretty good so far. 
    Yellowstone kicks ass btw
    Anywhere to watch that for free?  I only have prime and Netflix. 
    The Dark Crystal / Age of Resistance is excellent.

Better Than Us was very good too.
    Anywhere to watch that for free?  I only have prime and Netflix. 
    Not that I know of. I was looking for a way to watch the first season again and it seems I may need to buy it. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started Carnival Row, not bad. Probably finish the season out
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:

I liked it, and I have to say it's one of the better releases Amazon has put out recently. There appears to be a lot of super religious types who incessantly complain about nudity and swearing, (even if it's clearly listed as TV-MA) and I think they are organizing to keep their opinions at the top of the reviews. Despite this, the show is quite popular and has a majority of 5 star reviews.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Usaf06 said:
    Quit designated survivor in season 3. Its sh I t. Started Locked up on netflix. Good so far. 
    I'm in season 1 of designated survivor.  I like it so far, but, I get a looming sense of it becoming a little bit too much SJW for my taste....  Is that what made you give it up?  
    The first 2 seasons were great Dayrun. Then netflix got involved.
    -- Winston Churchill

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Had a hard time getting into it but I too will finish the season.

Also watching an Aussie cop show "City Homicide", 3 seasons. Some blood and gore with a couple of surprising twists. Good cast and acting all around.
    Started Jack Ryan on prime. Love it
    -- Winston Churchill

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    That was a good series. Wish they would make a 2nd season 
    deadman said:
    Usaf06 said:
    That was a good series. Wish they would make a 2nd season 
    Comes out in November
    -- Winston Churchill