Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Also watching an Aussie cop show "City Homicide", 3 seasons. Some blood and gore with a couple of surprising twists. Good cast and acting all around.
    They just added season 4, if anyone is watching it.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Binge watched The Boys with the wife. That was a fantastically dark show. Carnival Row started out slow, but I'll still watch it when the kids drop off for the night. The Expanse has been enjoyable so far. Feels a lot like Firefly, but definitely darker.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Wylaff said:
    Binge watched The Boys with the wife. That was a fantastically dark show. Carnival Row started out slow, but I'll still watch it when the kids drop off for the night. The Expanse has been enjoyable so far. Feels a lot like Firefly, but definitely darker.
    Wayne if you like The Expanse. It is a book series. The show actually follows book one. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Wylaff said:
    Wayne if you like The Expanse. It is a book series. The show actually follows book one. 
    I've heard that, and I added it to my library queue. After I'm done with the Gentlemen Bastards I intend to look into it. :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    deadman said:
    Wylaff said:
    I've heard that, and I added it to my library queue. After I'm done with the Gentlemen Bastards I intend to look into it. :)
    I read the first book but never got around to the 2nd or 3rd. They are quite long. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Godless" is a 6-episode Western on Netflix and it's pretty darn-katootin' excellent.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    "The Spy" mini-series on Netflix; "Red Queen" and "Sophia" on Prime, but you'll need subtitles unless you speak Russian.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I forgot to post about "The Spy".  Very good!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Yes, I forgot to post about "The Spy".  Very good!
    Sacha Baron Cohen is a much better dramatic actor than I thought he would be.  I'm 2 episodes in, and feel much the same way as his handler, "follow orders" and don't screw this up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    On Prime
    "A Touch of Cloth", another English cop show.
    I dare you to watch it. I made the mistake of watching episode 1 of season 3 first. It took awhile to get my head back on straight.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    On Prime
    "A Touch of Cloth", another English cop show.
    I dare you to watch it. I made the mistake of watching episode 1 of season 3 first. It took awhile to get my head back on straight.
    1 Episode per season. It got disgusting and I did not watch the last one. Bet that got some interest.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Finished yankee and started designated survivor. 2 shows in and I'm hooked
    Don't bother w/ season 3, it'll make you puke.  I loved the What first two seasons but after Netflix took it over and realized they can put stuff in that NBC couldn't, it turned into a SJW message.
    What is SJW?
  • Options
    Season 6 of Blacklist is up on Netflix 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    peter4jc said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Finished yankee and started designated survivor. 2 shows in and I'm hooked
    Don't bother w/ season 3, it'll make you puke.  I loved the What first two seasons but after Netflix took it over and realized they can put stuff in that NBC couldn't, it turned into a SJW message.
    What is SJW?

Social Justice Warrior
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disney + is launching in November. The full list of movies and shows has been released. I already signed up. Going to feel like a kid on saturday morning when I was growing up. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 5 of Peaky Blinders coming out next week on Netflix!!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netflix head quarters is across the street from our new house as I drive by my daughters says daddy can we go see all my friends at Netflix 😂

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started watching "The Family" on Netflix. It is.... Interesting
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    I’m a fan of Bojack Horseman.

we named our dog Beaux Jacques.... thought we’d class it up a bit. Lol
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    There's an hours long Bojack Horseman theme on YouTube that'll get your sanity.

Love it.
  • Options
    Stumptown shows promise.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched a few episodes of Schitt’s Creek. Comical. We will keep it going to see how it develops
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Watched a few episodes of Schitt’s Creek. Comical. We will keep it going to see how it develops
    Was not impressed. I had heard good things and after two or three episodes I have no desire to continue. If i'm wrong please advise.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else watch El Camino yet?  Thoughts?
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet but on the list Frank. I'm in the middle of The Spy on Netflix. Based on a true story. Pretty good
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Was not impressed. I had heard good things and after two or three episodes I have no desire to continue. If i'm wrong please advise.
    I can’t say whether you’re right or wrong as shows are completely subjective. I will say the show had to grow on us and it did as characters develop. In the end it’s just a sitcom.  Light hearted which is what my wife prefers over my dark shows. LOL. We are almost done with season 2 and plan to continue on. Buddy of mine says it gets bad in season 4 so I’ll keep my eyes open for that to see if I agree.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    skydiverD said:
    I can’t say whether you’re right or wrong as shows are completely subjective. I will say the show had to grow on us and it did as characters develop. In the end it’s just a sitcom.  Light hearted which is what my wife prefers over my dark shows. LOL. We are almost done with season 2 and plan to continue on. Buddy of mine says it gets bad in season 4 so I’ll keep my eyes open for that to see if I agree.  
    True, as far as subjectivity, but sometimes people will say they weren't really into a show at first and for any number of reasons, like character development or better writing, but in time the show became more interesting. I wasn't really impressed with Seinfeld after the first few episodes but it became one of my all time favorites.
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallipoli on prime. Sort of reminded me of band of brothers in a loose way