Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Game of Football

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm def. in, just let me know what I gotta do!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Double of nothing on the College Football Pick 'Em sounds good. That's pretty much what this would be for me since most of you same people are kicking my butt in that game. LOL. I'm down!
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    kingjk729:
    So i'll throw this out there ..... kinda almost like the bowl game thats going on we all select our picks each week and and in the superbowl we select the total points and whoever has the most wins and closest wins .... lets say each person sends three sticks total .... prize for 1st and 2nd .... maybe 70/30 ..... we could also select a 2nd tiebreaker as well .... it would be 7 playoff games total ...... heck we could even throw the probowl in their as the another tiebreaker ....... just leave some feedback and we can decide
    I'm game if people cant pick the same total points. It poses to many issues and is easy to pick 1 point higher or lower if your number is picked (first come first served)
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I'm interested in playing but would need to know the final rules before I say a def. yes.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    I'm interested in playing but would need to know the final rules before I say a def. yes.
    same here

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    We need to get the official rules figured out quick so that people can make picks.

I move that all picks be PM'd to a scorekeeper (doesn't matter who) to avoid people making score bids at plus one or minus one. Whoever is keeping all the bids, send your picks first to a trusted BOTL (Kuzi, Jozer, Gmill, Purofreak, Kaspera.... basically someone with a few thousand post) who isn't playing the game. After all the bids have been accepted, the person keeping all the bids will then post everyone's picks and Kuzi, Jozer, whoever, can come and post the score keepers picks. This'll keep the scorekeeper honest too.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Any way you guys wanna do it is fine----tweak my ways and steal my games...I dont mind. LOL, j/k. Suspects way is the best way. 2 tiebreakers is good, you cant say no 2 people can have the same tiebreaker score because you will know what peoples score is at that time, so you gain an unfair advtange. Get a 2nd party to PM the picks 2 and make 2 or even 3 tie-breakers (ie, total score of Super Bowl and total score of 1st half and 2nd half as tiebreak 2 and 3).

As far as winning, I like the way college worked. 10 players, so 1st will get from 5 people and 2nd will get from 3. I think we try to shoot for that (or more) here, and anything less than 7 players all goes to a single winner.
  • Options
    So let me see if I'm getting this. I send my picks to the score keeper & another trusted member who's not playing. At the end of the week I pick again from whomever is left over & do it again until the Super Bowl. The tie breakers being final score of SB & scores at the end of the quarters of SB. So will our standings be posted week to week??? Sorry if I'm a bit confused.
  • Options
    Sounds about right Sandman, thats 9 games total plus tiebreakers.

Other choice (which I thought of at lunch and is interesting) is to pick winners and over/under points scored for each game. That would be 9 total games + 9 over/under point scored totals giving us a total max correct of 18, and you could get a game right and still miss the over/under or vice versa....which would lead for less need for tiebreakers and a more clear cut winner????Anyone?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    So let me see if I'm getting this. I send my picks to the score keeper & another trusted member who's not playing. At the end of the week I pick again from whomever is left over & do it again until the Super Bowl. The tie breakers being final score of SB & scores at the end of the quarters of SB. So will our standings be posted week to week??? Sorry if I'm a bit confused.
    don't worrry, you aren't the only one that is confused.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Vulchor:

Other choice (which I thought of at lunch and is interesting) is to pick winners and over/under points scored for each game. That would be 9 total games + 9 over/under point scored totals giving us a total max correct of 18, and you could get a game right and still miss the over/under or vice versa....which would lead for less need for tiebreakers and a more clear cut winner????Anyone?
    Eh, whatever, I don't really care anymore.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Vulchor:

This sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing the over/under score would be the same for all games? Or maybe if there are two teams with high-power offenses or two solid defenses the score would move a pre-determined amount either way..?
  • Options
    This game sounds like it's going to be too complicated for me. Unless it's simplified I better sit this one out.
  • Options
    Yeah EJ, something like that. No one seems to be liking any idea though (no offense to anyone) so I will wait for any other ideas.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    JZ:
    kingjk729:
    So i'll throw this out there ..... kinda almost like the bowl game thats going on we all select our picks each week and and in the superbowl we select the total points and whoever has the most wins and closest wins .... lets say each person sends three sticks total .... prize for 1st and 2nd .... maybe 70/30 ..... we could also select a 2nd tiebreaker as well .... it would be 7 playoff games total ...... heck we could even throw the probowl in their as the another tiebreaker ....... just leave some feedback and we can decide
    I'm game if people cant pick the same total points. It poses to many issues and is easy to pick 1 point higher or lower if your number is picked (first come first served)

Ok so what Iam thinking is running with this format and what we can do is recruit one of the mainstay posters here as to take the superbowl point total ...... each week we make our picks by midnight on friday and keep a running tab on correct picks ....... then we make our superbowl prediction and pm our point total to someone like kuzi or phobic or any mainstay not in the game...... if you pick the same number via pm the first pm'er gets the number
  • Options
    here are my picks, even though I am the only one so far...

Cin, Phi, NE, Ari.
  • Options
    ejenne87:

Cin, Phi, NE, Ari.
    Evan, you win! Now send yourself some cigars!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    ejenne87:

Cin, Phi, NE, Ari.
    Lucky me!!

I guess I will go ahead and list what the winner would have recieved from me had it not been myself...

3 5-packs of Black-n-Milds (my everyday smoke...)

some leftover pipe tobacco from last year

and a copy of the 2007 Playboy - playmate of the year edition featuring Sarah Jean-Underwood (WOW!!! google her if you don't know who I am talking about).

A pretty good prize pack if I do say so myself. Thanks, me!
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    ejenne87:
    clearlysuspect:
    ejenne87:

Cin, Phi, NE, Ari.
    Lucky me!!

I guess I will go ahead and list what the winner would have recieved from me had it not been myself...

3 5-packs of Black-n-Milds (my everyday smoke...)

some leftover pipe tobacco from last year

A pretty good prize pack if I do say so myself. Thanks, me!
    Well hell then I'm playing. My picks are buffalo, oakland, st louis, and detroit.