Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

In honor of Rick A.K.A Beatnic

As we all know we lost a brother and friend in Rick. Anyone here who ever had any dealings with Rick know just how much of a stand up guy he was. After learning of his passing I reached out to Rick's son, and asked if we could do anything to help and I had mentioned last year 2012 secret Santa pass I had the privledge of being Rick's Santa. My request was to get one of Rick's hats as we all know how into his cigar related caps he was, with the intentions of passing the hat around to any brothers here wishing to sign the hat. Afterwards the hat will be sent back to Rick's wife Keri who has already sent me a hat and a very heartfelt letter. I'm also waiting to hear back from Rick's son to see if he enjoys cigars , if he does I was thinking adding a single stick for him. Still waiting to hear back on that part but the hat is a go. I'd like to keep this open and get the package out on Friday of this week. Any brothers interested in participating in this please feel free to sign up and PM me a goog addy for you. Thanks

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    i didnt know Rick, so I would like to ask permission to join.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    This is open to all forum brothers.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    In Joe.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    curtpick:
    In Jim.
    All fixed Curt. LOL
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Rick helped to add only good aspects to the forum we now know and enjoy. Generosity, kindness, knowledge, and respect for the forum and all the members who are a part of it. It would be befitting that you acknowledge his membership and all his contributions. You need not ask permission.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    curtpick:
    In Jim.
    All fixed Curt. LOL
    doh ! Sorry
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Jim(great friggin name btw)...
    kaspera79:
    New Boots:
    Rick helped to add only good aspects to the forum we now know and enjoy. Generosity, kindness, knowledge, and respect for the forum and all the members who are a part of it. It would be befitting that you acknowledge his membership and all his contributions. You need not ask permission.
    In that case, in I shall be.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be honored to be in.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In for my fellow WWU Viking.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    would Love to be apart of this, as well as add a few sticks to the box if his son would be accepting of them
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    This is a great idea, I'm definitely in, and will also contribute if his son enjoys cigars.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please count me in, Jim.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i'm in
    We're gonna need more hats!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I am in and back in CNY if you want to hit me first.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
    Bump
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to be part of this.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be an honor to sign Rick's hat.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I'd like to be in on this.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Rick.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Jim, If you havent shipped yet, can I get in on this as well?
    Yes Drew you can and I need all addy's this weekend to get this packaged up.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw this and can't express how sad it is to learn of Rick's passing. A truly wonderful BOTL. I just don't know what to say. Very sad now. I would like to participate. Addy is the same but let me know if you need me to send it to you.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Am I too late to be part of it? Thanks Tony for sharing the info.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've been away from the forums for too long, sorry to hear Rick has passed away.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Package received today from Luke. Signed and sending on to Ken Light tomorrow.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    I was wondering where this thing was!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have a pass order for this?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."