Home General Discussion
Options

Poor service

Took advantage of the advertised three day or less delivery and it has been a full seven days and still no cigars...too many other web competitors to do this crap! Very disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Did you phone the customer service? They are very helpful, and its always a good practice to try and get help before flaming in their own forum!!

Just my opinion
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Did you phone the customer service? They are very helpful, and its always a good practice to try and get help before flaming in their own forum!!

Just my opinion

Agree.

I have never had a problem with orders. It sounds like the only reason you posted was to was to say something bad about a stellar company.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Badgolfer:
    Took advantage of the advertised three day or less delivery and it has been a full seven days and still no cigars...too many other web competitors to do this crap! Very disappointed.
    What ever circumstances resulted in the delay of your delivery, It is a rare occasion. I have had far too many deliveries to count, and have been a forum member for almost six years without a single disappointment. And 99.9 % of the feedback I have heard, has been positive as well. Let me tell you, I have read hundreds of thousands of posts here, and never has bad customer service been a topic. As stated above. Call Customer service and you will get better results, some things are beyond this vendors control.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Hi Carl! Thank you for your order. Like Andrew had mentioned to you in reply to your email, your package was on time. I apologize for the confusion regarding shipping/business days. We'd be happy to get you free shipping and cigar samples on your next order with us.

Here's a copy of Andy's reply with an explanation of the shipping time:

Carl,

I do apologize for the trouble. It actually looks like this may just be a misunderstanding on the timing. You placed the order at about 5pm EST on Tuesday the 18th. Our cutoff for same day shipping is 3pm so we shipped the package out on Wednesday. The day the packages goes out does not count as one of the shipping day Thursday would be the first, Friday would have been the 2nd , weekends don’t count and today is the 3rd so everything is on time. I hope this clears things up for you but if you have any questions please contact me directly.

• Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

If you have any questions or would like to speak to a manager I'm available all day today.

Tim Blythe

tblythe@cigar.com

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    The Beard Has SPOKEN!

Aj
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Once it leaves the place it's on ups and usps not ccom
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the USPS do some crazy stuff with my packages!
    Check out the route this one took!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Took a nice little vaca to Hawaii before getting to you, wow that's pretty bad .... I'd guess a USPS employee loaded it on the wrong plane.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...yawn. Never had a problem, in fact I've had CCom make me custom orders that they were under no obligation to do and then offer them to me at crazy good prices. XOXO CCom.CCom is not perfect, but when they do mess up they go out of their way to fix the issue.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Stubble:
    Took a nice little vaca to Hawaii before getting to you, wow that's pretty bad .... I'd guess a USPS employee was loaded and put it on the wrong plane.
    Fixed it. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Rain:
    ...yawn. Never had a problem, in fact I've had CCom make me custom orders that they were under no obligation to do and then offer them to me at crazy good prices. XOXO CCom.CCom is not perfect, but when they do mess up they go out of their way to fix the issue.
    I get the feeling that OP was a 1-and-done kind of poster and won't be back.

But I agree with you Randy....they should try calling or emailing CCOM customer service, they will make it right, always have taken care of me in the past.

If the package was "shipped" and you get a tracking number --- then chances are it's a problem with the courier (I believe the 3-day service is usually sent via UPS).....

• Options
    0patience:
    jgibv:
    Stubble:
    Took a nice little vaca to Hawaii before getting to you, wow that's pretty bad .... I'd guess a USPS employee was loaded and put it on the wrong plane.
    Fixed it. LOL!
    hahaha nice. that's the most likely scenario haha

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother to register just to flame. People want to gripe when all they have to do is call and talk to customer service. Not just here but anywhere. And if you don't like the first answer ask to talk to someone else. I do this for all sorts of things and generally end up happy I was persistent. Of course if you are just after free stuff because you misunderstood things then that is your problem.

Ccom explained it to you because obviously you misunderstood. And even though you were wrong they still offered to go above and beyond to help you out on your next order. They didn't screw up yet they offered you something. That is amazing service you often can't get anywhere.

Just a suggestion. There is a place that sells things you may like and it starts with a "T". You want to see some bad customer service order there and enjoy dried up cigars you didn't even order and extra charges on your credit card. After that you can come back here and say sorry. Just saying....
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Why bother to register just to flame. People want to gripe when all they have to do is call and talk to customer service. Not just here but anywhere. And if you don't like the first answer ask to talk to someone else. I do this for all sorts of things and generally end up happy I was persistent. Of course if you are just after free stuff because you misunderstood things then that is your problem.

Ccom explained it to you because obviously you misunderstood. And even though you were wrong they still offered to go above and beyond to help you out on your next order. They didn't screw up yet they offered you something. That is amazing service you often can't get anywhere.

Just a suggestion. There is a place that sells things you may like and it starts with a "T". You want to see some bad customer service order there and enjoy dried up cigars you didn't even order and extra charges on your credit card. After that you can come back here and say sorry. Just saying....
    When they sign up to purchase from ccom, they are automatically registered in the forum.
    He probably found the forum when he went looking to complain to ccom.

I think we all get irritated with the shipping at one time or another, but that isn't the fault of the vendor shipping, it's the fault of the company doing the delivery. Whether that is UPS, USPS, FedEx or DHL (Delivery Hope Lost).
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    If you ordered the cigars for a special event/occasion you should have planned better and given yourself more lead time.

If you ordered the cigars for yourself to enjoy, lets get one thing straight. 99% of us have enough cigars to last us 3 months or more (much more). If your world hinges on one shipment from Ccom showing up on a Tuesday you should have ordered it well before Wednesday night. I don't care if they ship it 4 days late and USPS takes another 10 days. If the cigars show up in good condition sing a couple renditions of God Bless America that you can call someone on the phone, order cigars and have them shipped RIGHT TO YOUR HOUSE.

Your petty first world problems need some introspection.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I heart our Field Marshall!
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    A$$holes are gonna be a$$holes. Not much you can do about it.
  • Options
    timb:

Hi Carl! Thank you for your order. Like Andrew had mentioned to you in reply to your email, your package was on time. I apologize for the confusion regarding shipping/business days. We'd be happy to get you free shipping and cigar samples on your next order with us.

Carl,

I do apologize for the trouble. It actually looks like this may just be a misunderstanding on the timing. You placed the order at about 5pm EST on Tuesday the 18th. Our cutoff for same day shipping is 3pm so we shipped the package out on Wednesday. The day the packages goes out does not count as one of the shipping day Thursday would be the first, Friday would have been the 2nd , weekends don’t count and today is the 3rd so everything is on time. I hope this clears things up for you but if you have any questions please contact me directly.

timb:

If you have any questions or would like to speak to a manager I'm available all day today.

Tim Blythe

tblythe@cigar.com

All hail Andrew & The Mighty Beard! CCOM customer service FTW!

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Andy enough to let him buy me drinks! I communicate more with him that any family member. Best Customer Service anywhere!!!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timb:

Carl,

Thank you for addressing this publicly! And of course keep up the great work!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I like Andy enough to let him buy me drinks! I communicate more with him that any family member. Best Customer Service anywhere!!!

I have not had any drinks with anyone at CCom or on this forum (disclaimer).

If every American business was as efficient, and helpful as CCom and the CCom community we would all be better off. I have never been so pleased with the level of friendly and knowledgeable service anywhere else, and the difference is very real. Add the most generous community I have ever been part of, and I just don't understand how someone could be so mean spirited and register, just to say something we all know was UN-called for, and totally out of place. I wish our government was half as nice and efficient and knowledgeable.....
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left ccom's evil twin over three years ago because of poor response to a problem I had. I have NEVER been unhappy with a response from ccom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    We couldn't do what we do, with out awesome customers like you all!
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    slamb@cigar.com:
    We couldn't do what we do, with out awesome customers like you all!
    Oh the usps guy crushed your order? Here, lemme send you a replacement...plus some....for free.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jsnake:

When they sign up to purchase from ccom, they are automatically registered in the forum.
    He probably found the forum when he went looking to complain to ccom.

I think we all get irritated with the shipping at one time or another, but that isn't the fault of the vendor shipping, it's the fault of the company doing the delivery. Whether that is UPS, USPS, FedEx or DHL (Delivery Hope Lost).

I don't think the part about automatically being registered for the forums when you place an order is accurate, but other than that +1
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bigshizza:

I have not had any drinks with anyone at CCom or on this forum (disclaimer).

If every American business was as efficient, and helpful as CCom and the CCom community we would all be better off. I have never been so pleased with the level of friendly and knowledgeable service anywhere else, and the difference is very real. Add the most generous community I have ever been part of, and I just don't understand how someone could be so mean spirited and register, just to say something we all know was UN-called for, and totally out of place. I wish our government was half as nice and efficient and knowledgeable.....
    Cfest is likely the easiest way to fix the fact you havnt had a drink with anyone from ccom. Alex, Josh, Andy, Tim, and Kelly are great people! Havnt had the pleasure with sean and sean yet, but there is always this year.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Have to go to pipe fest to meet Sean.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    If you ordered the cigars for a special event/occasion you should have planned better and given yourself more lead time.

If you ordered the cigars for yourself to enjoy, lets get one thing straight. 99% of us have enough cigars to last us 3 months or more (much more). If your world hinges on one shipment from Ccom showing up on a Tuesday you should have ordered it well before Wednesday night. I don't care if they ship it 4 days late and USPS takes another 10 days. If the cigars show up in good condition sing a couple renditions of God Bless America that you can call someone on the phone, order cigars and have them shipped RIGHT TO YOUR HOUSE.

Your petty first world problems need some introspection.
    3 months?!?! Haha you silly people. I went 2 years. Oh ok you did say (much more). Just made me laugh. Heck most of us put things to rest in the humidor when we get an order in. Sometimes it is hard to resist and you must try a stick fresh off the truck.

+1 to your last sentence. That was awesome. I am going to sing it next time I get a package.
  • Options
    plumfuzzyplumfuzzy Posts: 10
    Tim hooked me up thanks