13»

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I hate cigars. Let's debate about it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:
    I was going to type a response, but it is clear that it is pointless. I'll stick to convincing people to think about their political and religious views instead. Lol.
    You have any idea how many paragraphs I have written and deleted in regards to this thread?
    Me too. I'm not trying to attack anyone here. Heck, people were just recently complaining that we don't have enough debate around here, but no one will actually engage in real debate. It is the same rhetoric over and over. I asked a simple question. Is your fear of the government and possible confiscation great enough to risk being fined a huge sum, possibly lose your job, going to prison, etc? Isn't it less of a risk to just follow the laws? I'm not saying the laws are right or wrong, but I do know what happens when I break them regardless of what I think about them. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to change them. This is much like the anti-smoking laws that are hurting our "other" hobby. I'm not going to light up a stogie in the teacher break room on Monday. I want to and think I should be able to, but obviously I'm not.
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If you choose to own a firearm learn the laws. If you do not want to become a criminal then follow them. If you do get a wild hair and light up in the teachers lounge take a pic please. Like to see that!

I will say this. I took an oath to defend my country against all enemies foreign and domestic and I will give my life to honor that oath. May sound extreme to some but I am not alone. I am not looking for conflict and I do not want conflict. I want freedom and a good future for my children without their rights and freedoms being stripped away.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I will say this. I took an oath to defend my country against all enemies foreign and domestic and I will give my life to honor that oath. May sound extreme to some but I am not alone. I am not looking for conflict and I do not want conflict. I want freedom and a good future for my children without their rights and freedoms being stripped away.

AMEN to that.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jsnake:

AMEN to that.
    Yup, this exactly! I took that oath, and I'm still honoring it. The day after I retire, I'll be honoring it....on my death bed, I'll be honoring it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    jsnake:

AMEN to that.
    Yup, this exactly! I took that oath, and I'm still honoring it. The day after I retire, I'll be honoring it....on my death bed, I'll be honoring it.
    Much respect!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like connecticut is leading the charge
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Looks like connecticut is leading the charge

I don't like Connecticut cigars, however much they charge for 'em.