Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks kinda shiny.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a jar of Kentucky’s finest blackberry moonshine...I’m still pissed 😤

edited July 2021

When I tried to ship some beer to @Trykflyr_1 in Alaska, all he got was a damp label.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    When I tried to ship some beer to @Trykflyr_1 in Alaska, all he got was a damp label.

@Patrickbrick taught me to use mailing tubes which you can fit multiple in a large flat rate box.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I got one 😕

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

When Cbid, auctioneer and Cpage orders land the same day, glad the wife is out of town

Short on yard gars lol. Wtf with all the cao

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

When Cbid, auctioneer and Cpage orders land the same day, glad the wife is out of town

Short on yard gars lol. Wtf with all the cao

Looking like golf gars to me

Or morning cigars, who knows? I actually have never quite understood the concept of yard gars as I have never smoked a cigar while doing yard/lawn work or even just putzing around in the yard/garden. That is the antithesis of enjoying a cigar. A yard gar is a oxymoron to me. When I'm doing yard work, I ain't relaxing, it's work. A cigar would just get in the way. Once I'm done with yard word, sure. Relax, smoke and enjoy results. I guess "post yard work cigar" doesn't sound as catchy lol.

My landscaping time is “my” time. It’s actually very calming to have a cigar while landscaping. As you put it, to you it’s work. To me it’s time to be out there alone, taking my time, and enjoying the satisfaction of a cigar and completing something I enjoy. That’s like saying reading a book, roasting coffee, or golfing while enjoying a cigar is an antithesis.

Great for you but sorrry, still disagree for me. It's great that you enjoy a cigar while doing yard work. For me it's just simply not enjoyable and is the antithesis of what I want out of a cigar. Being hot, sweaty, dirty, dusty etc while doing work or some other task is just not enjoyable for me personally. I don't smoke cigars to get a nicotine fix or simply as an accoutrement to an activity/chore. I've actually only smoked standing up a few times that I can remember actually. I only smoke when I'm in a relaxed state so for me personally, that statement/opinion rings true. If I'm "doing something" I ain't smoking.

I find it work to focus on a cigar for 90+ minutes. I also do not smoke for the nicotine (never once smoked a cigarette, vape, etc…). Pairing a cigar to an activity can enhance the experience. Golf and landscaping are some of my most enjoyable times with a cigar. I’m assuming you drink either water or nothing with your cigars?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^ Love to see that!!!!!!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@NorCalR1 said:

@Yakster said:

@Patrickbrick taught me to use mailing tubes which you can fit multiple in a large flat rate box.

What I sent him last year made it. NO amount of bubble wrap will survive that trip, needs a hard casing and cushion.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Also got an email from Famous their site was compromised. Anybody else get the same email?

:/

No email yet, I haven't ordered from them in over a year since they started charging extra for California adult signature required shipping.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent a bottle to Tony a couple years back. Bubble wrapped the **** outta it and put inside a larger box with more bubble wrap.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Also got an email from Famous their site was compromised. Anybody else get the same email?

I haven't been able to get the monster or famous to load for two days now. Getting host error. Gotta be costly to be completely down.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    No email yet, I haven't ordered from them in over a year since they started charging extra for California adult signature required shipping.

The $30 off $125 code still works out for me. I get most of my boxes from them still. Unfortunately the discount code I had at cigar place doesn't work anymore. They have some good deals and a the price is what it is. 😏

Doesn’t look like any amount of bubble wrap would have survived the truck they dropped on that package either.

cardboard shipping tubes are the ticket.^^^^^^^^^^^

MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    cardboard shipping tubes are the ticket.^^^^^^^^^^^

Lesson learned. I’ve shipped bottles several times and have been lucky so far. It won’t happen like this again.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have good taste in rides.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    You have good taste in rides.

I was raised correctly! LOL

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

You look pretty happy 😁

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    I got a black box of goodies from BLTC and 10 packs of T110 Sumatra and broadleaf

Damn brother!

Awesome...and congratulations @hoghunter