Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Don't let him get away with that, Rusty. That ain't no micro-agression.

Consequences and repercussions

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me what you think of the ponies !

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost Nice! Been looking at picking one up. Let me know how it performs.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those bags from Auctioneer are a pain in the asś

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• VisionVision Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

When Cbid, auctioneer and Cpage orders land the same day, glad the wife is out of town

Short on yard gars lol. Wtf with all the cao

Looking like golf gars to me

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone said on the vHerf tonight, "there's a seat for every ass."

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@Vision said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

When Cbid, auctioneer and Cpage orders land the same day, glad the wife is out of town

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

Or morning cigars, who knows? I actually have never quite understood the concept of yard gars as I have never smoked a cigar while doing yard/lawn work or even just putzing around in the yard/garden. That is the antithesis of enjoying a cigar. A yard gar is a oxymoron to me. When I'm doing yard work, I ain't relaxing, it's work. A cigar would just get in the way. Once I'm done with yard word, sure. Relax, smoke and enjoy results. I guess "post yard work cigar" doesn't sound as catchy lol.

Some days I don't really have time to stop and just smoke a cigar, for those times when I'm working in the garage or in the yard I'll grab a yard gar and enjoy it on the go. Sure, I'm not sitting there contemplating the flavors, but I am enjoying the cigar. Same goes for coffee. Sometimes I'll really savor a cup of freshly roasted coffee but sometimes I just drink the same batch as coffee while I'm working.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

Work from home and golf cigars. Stock up on Cbid once in a while. The Cao black is a great morning smoke with coffee

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me it's more a driving gar than a yard gar. While driving I don't really pay attention to the taste but it's more the calming effect I'm after...Hence the cheaper cigars on the am drive to work or the way home.
    I'll save the better stuff for when I have more time to enjoy them.

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

Or morning cigars, who knows? I actually have never quite understood the concept of yard gars as I have never smoked a cigar while doing yard/lawn work or even just putzing around in the yard/garden. That is the antithesis of enjoying a cigar. A yard gar is a oxymoron to me. When I'm doing yard work, I ain't relaxing, it's work. A cigar would just get in the way. Once I'm done with yard word, sure. Relax, smoke and enjoy results. I guess "post yard work cigar" doesn't sound as catchy lol.

My landscaping time is “my” time. It’s actually very calming to have a cigar while landscaping. As you put it, to you it’s work. To me it’s time to be out there alone, taking my time, and enjoying the satisfaction of a cigar and completing something I enjoy. That’s like saying reading a book, roasting coffee, or golfing while enjoying a cigar is an antithesis.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

My landscaping time is “my” time. It’s actually very calming to have a cigar while landscaping. As you put it, to you it’s work. To me it’s time to be out there alone, taking my time, and enjoying the satisfaction of a cigar and completing something I enjoy. That’s like saying reading a book, roasting coffee, or golfing while enjoying a cigar is an antithesis.

Great for you but sorrry, still disagree for me. It's great that you enjoy a cigar while doing yard work. For me it's just simply not enjoyable and is the antithesis of what I want out of a cigar. Being hot, sweaty, dirty, dusty etc while doing work or some other task is just not enjoyable for me personally. I don't smoke cigars to get a nicotine fix or simply as an accoutrement to an activity/chore. I've actually only smoked standing up a few times that I can remember actually. I only smoke when I'm in a relaxed state so for me personally, that statement/opinion rings true. If I'm "doing something" I ain't smoking.

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@rsherman24 said:

Great for you but sorrry, still disagree for me. It's great that you enjoy a cigar while doing yard work. For me it's just simply not enjoyable and is the antithesis of what I want out of a cigar. Being hot, sweaty, dirty, dusty etc while doing work or some other task is just not enjoyable for me personally. I don't smoke cigars to get a nicotine fix or simply as an accoutrement to an activity/chore. I've actually only smoked standing up a few times that I can remember actually. I only smoke when I'm in a relaxed state so for me personally, that statement/opinion rings true. If I'm "doing something" I ain't smoking.

I find it work to focus on a cigar for 90+ minutes. I also do not smoke for the nicotine (never once smoked a cigarette, vape, etc…). Pairing a cigar to an activity can enhance the experience. Golf and landscaping are some of my most enjoyable times with a cigar. I’m assuming you drink either water or nothing with your cigars?

Horses for courses here, I agree with @vision here that having a cigar while working in the yard turns that activity into me time and makes the activity much more enjoyable. Like Pete, I never smoke cigarettes or vaped either, I sometimes go days or a week or two without lighting up so I don't think I'm in it for the nicotine.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mowing is kind of boring, so I usually have a smoke, making it a yard gar.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@raidermike said:
    Heads up! Incoming BOMBS!!
    Mr. Mailman dropped something off at my door today!

The box was damp and had seen better days. Inside, were a couple of wrapped items. One of which didn't fair well at all.... :'( appears it was spirits of sorts. I couldn't make out what was on the outside of the horrifically mangled jar! :s

The other, in a zip lock bag, was something to behold!

I don't know what I did to deserve such a heart-felt bombing but TYVM @Rdp77 !!

You're quite a guy Rusty...! 'Nuff said... Thanks brother!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!! Looks like it got runover by a damn forklift😡.
    Hopefully you’ll enjoy what’s left of it.