Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

1120112021203120412051207»

Comments

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are nice entry-level cars. Congrats, it's a big deal when your kids get their first car.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12

@ShawnOL said:
    1941 dated JP Sauer & Sohn k98. Lots of na zi eagles all over it. Barrel, receiver, bolt, magazine, magazine base and follower are all matching numbers. Some of the screws are serial numbered as well. 2 screws don't match up numbers wise. Walnut stock that was intended to be used for a contract with Venezuela but installed during a re-ardenal rebuild. Stamps on the stock place it as issued to the Panzer "Lehr" division. Looks great. Gotta check the bore condition. Hopefully not shot out. This was a GI bring back. No importation markings.

Be careful with those, I was a big cruffler at one time (when everything was cheap and plentiful) and saw a lot of fakes that were stamped/forged. Know thine source and be skeptical of “too good to be true”. Not saying this is the case here but there are a crap- ton of fakes, especially the natsie stuff.

https://www.k98kforum.com/threads/fakes-die-stamp-library.320/

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@ShawnOL said:
    1941 dated JP Sauer & Sohn k98. Lots of na zi eagles all over it. Barrel, receiver, bolt, magazine, magazine base and follower are all matching numbers. Some of the screws are serial numbered as well. 2 screws don't match up numbers wise. Walnut stock that was intended to be used for a contract with Venezuela but installed during a re-ardenal rebuild. Stamps on the stock place it as issued to the Panzer "Lehr" division. Looks great. Gotta check the bore condition. Hopefully not shot out. This was a GI bring back. No importation markings.

Be careful with those, I was a big cruffler at one time (when everything was cheap and plentiful) and saw a lot of fakes that were stamped/forged. Know thine source and be skeptical of “too good to be true”. Not saying this is the case here but there are a crap- ton of fakes, especially the natsie stuff.

https://www.k98kforum.com/threads/fakes-die-stamp-library.320/

Thanks for the link. Interesting read. Now I gotta go down a bunch of rabbit holes.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nicely done, Shawn.

@ShawnOL

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

You're welcome, Jim.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who buys 22 lighters

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I'm planning ahead for next June.

One for each attendee.

Purples mine if I make it

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Who buys 22 lighters

The excellent host.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was an odd quantity.

Good deal.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure there are no sharps in the pockets.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis