Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Well it wasnt today, but i received my Fernandez dirty dozen in the mail yesterday. The virtue looks delicious!
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I got the vintage 2002's from the Beard and the others courtesy of fourto and his 1000 post contest!

• Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    cigar of the month club...a couple sticks I have been wanting to try in there.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A Ronson Jetlite to replace my Colibri which has stopped lighting for some reason.
    A new Xi2 to replace the old one. Don't know if they've changed the design but the new is a ton better than the old one.

I hate that I spend a ton of money on products and they don't even last 6 months.
    At least the Xikar was a warranty item and it's sad that a 4 dollar lighter has a better build quality than a 30 dollar lighter... Rant over.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Alex Williams:
    I got the vintage 2002's from the Beard and the others courtesy of fourto and his 1000 post contest!

I hope you enjoy them. I am still sad to see that decade go ;( by by baby!

Thsi one has over a year on it! enjoy!. Ill PM you with the others.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Alex Williams:

I hope you enjoy them. I am still sad to see that decade go ;( by by baby!

Thsi one has over a year on it! enjoy!. Ill PM you with the others.
    Wow! I have been wanting to try a decade soo bad and that will be the first aged stick I have had! Thanks so much man.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Alex Williams:

Thats a nice haul Alex .
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    stephen_hannibal:
    A Ronson Jetlite to replace my Colibri which has stopped lighting for some reason.
    A new Xi2 to replace the old one. Don't know if they've changed the design but the new is a ton better than the old one.

I hate that I spend a ton of money on products and they don't even last 6 months.
    At least the Xikar was a warranty item and it's sad that a 4 dollar lighter has a better build quality than a 30 dollar lighter... Rant over.

I've heard a lot of good things about that Ronson Jetlite Stephen, it sounds like you are happy with it. After I couldn't find one I got my Zippo with the Zippo Butane insert and it works flawlessly every time , knock on wood haha .
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    txjayhawk:
    cigar of the month club...a couple sticks I have been wanting to try in there.
    Same here, got home from vacation last night, opened it up, was very happy with some of the sticks in there!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I have to say, this thread is so much better with pics now.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Picked up a Cain Habano and AB Tempus from the B&M on Saturday. Two sticks I've been meaning to try for awhile and am looking forward to smoking.

• Options
    Russ55:
    +1!! i finally figured out how easy it was to post pics so i figure everything is better with pics! well except cabi licking his dogs ass... i wouldnt like to see that!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    Russ55:
    +1!! i finally figured out how easy it was to post pics so i figure everything is better with pics! well except cabi licking his dogs ass... i wouldnt like to see that!
    Nice haul there Alex. Let me know if you like the Decade. I have a couple laying around and I am NOT a big fan of them.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    Russ55:
    Nice haul there Alex. Let me know if you like the Decade. I have a couple laying around and I am NOT a big fan of them.
    If Alex doesn't want them I really do like the Decade. Let me know Laker.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    wheelie's package came in today. I sent him a bunch of sticks last week - he was supposed to send me two Don Carlos 30th Year Anniversary. He did, but he included an Oliva Series V and a Camacho PE. That sneaky bastage!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I got my box of RP ITC 10th Anniversary Robusto's today from the weekend blitz. That box is a handsome devil.
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    I just had a box arrive on my porch!! inside it was 4 GOF Don Carlos Robustos and a Bugatti B1 Lighter!! All courtesy of CCOM hooking me up when they sold out of that Fuente Super Combo Sale... AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Coronado by LFD, 2 of the european versions of El Triunfadors, Perdomo Habano Maduro Gordo, Mi Barrio Belicoso, Grand Habano Corojo #5.... Man I love and hate going to the B&M.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    2x Fuente God of Fire Carlito Double Robusto
    2x Fuente God of Fire Don Carlos Robusto
    2x A. Fernandez Signature with a special Sumatra wrapper
    Prometheus Bone China Ashtray

Heck of a day for my collection, especially as a fairly new smoker. I'm gonna lay the Carlito sticks down in the humi for several months at least. I'm going to try one of the Don Carlos sticks soon though. Really excited.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    docbp87:
    2x Fuente God of Fire Carlito Double Robusto
    2x Fuente God of Fire Don Carlos Robusto
    2x A. Fernandez Signature with a special Sumatra wrapper
    Prometheus Bone China Ashtray

Heck of a day for my collection, especially as a fairly new smoker. I'm gonna lay the Carlito sticks down in the humi for several months at least. I'm going to try one of the Don Carlos sticks soon though. Really excited.
    Rest one of thos DC also! I absolutely love that smoke. So much that I never give them out. I only gave out a few when I first got them back in 2006. Now, I hold onto them like a fat kid holding onto candy at a candy store!
  • Options
    Got a 6 cigar sampler of the new MOW Virtue. will dust one off in the next couple days.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    20x Gran Habano Vintage 2002
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    10x CAO L’Anniversaire maduro's, a fiver of CAO Soprano's in the Boss size and a few Graycliff's. Good day from UPS :^)
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    5 SCCC Churchills
    5 5 Vegas Classics
    And a nice Oliveros Sampler
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options

They look and smell sooooo good!!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo-Hoo!! Fuente Super Combo!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Two boxes of the recently released Avo LE10. Fantastic cigar. I'm planning on keeping one box sealed for an, as of yet, undetermined amount of time, given the strength these have I think they are going to age well.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:

Ditto on this one yesterday. I was hoping to fire one up today on the way home from work, but of course **** happens and plans were foiled. See if I can get it in tomorrow somewhere.

I was going to fire up the lancero ?? As it is the one i am least looking forward too. Figured that one would be ok to sacrifice right out of the box.

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Alex Williams:

Ditto on this one yesterday. I was hoping to fire one up today on the way home from work, but of course **** happens and plans were foiled. See if I can get it in tomorrow somewhere.

I was going to fire up the lancero ?? As it is the one i am least looking forward too. Figured that one would be ok to sacrifice right out of the box.

I had the lancero today. Excellent burn, construction, and draw. Started off a bit peppery, but then smoothed out nicely. It definitely had a medium body, and was actually stronger than I was expecting. Got pepper and earth initially, but then it developed into a cream and nutty flavor, but the body was still there. And it put out TONS of smoke. There was no 3 puff draws on this one. Just one short draw, and a mouth full of heavy smoke. Also had a nice long finish. All in all, a pretty good smoke, but still not going to replace the Ruination for me. However, those who find the Ruination a little too strong for them will probably like this one.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Where's this lancero you guys keep talking about? Closest I see to a lancero looks like a lonsdale, third from the left.