Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Echambers:
    This is the product of my second night on an auction site. I wonder why my sweet banned me?

The bid sites can be addicting. But always have a catalog handy when your checking them out. I've seen many of those deal go for more than what you'd pay out of the catalogs.
    That's what got me in trouble. I bid the starting bid and no one else bid...Everything I got was 20% to 50% off catalog price (which of course is less than retail).
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully be adding a new pick to my own thread soon. Planning a nice cigar and pipe tobacco purchase next weekend. Some nice pics that make me drool.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    0patience:
    Today was a crappy day. So when I got home and found a box from Ken and an order I made, it helped make the day a little better.
    Nice pick ups bro, I'd appreciate your thoughts on that Exodus Finite. I picked up a couple and really enjoyed the one I smoked, the Vault is pretty great as well.
    I like the Vault. It is one I pick up when I can. I'm gonna order up a 5'er of the Vault D-042 pretty soon to see how well it is.
    Can't wait to try the Finite, but gonna let it rest a bit first, if my patience will hold up. LOL!
    My only concern is the ring gauge is a little large. If I'd been smart, I'd have gone with the Toro instead of the BFC.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    C-LOVE:
    0patience:
    Today was a crappy day. So when I got home and found a box from Ken and an order I made, it helped make the day a little better.
    Nice pick ups bro, I'd appreciate your thoughts on that Exodus Finite. I picked up a couple and really enjoyed the one I smoked, the Vault is pretty great as well.
    I like the Vault. It is one I pick up when I can. I'm gonna order up a 5'er of the Vault D-042 pretty soon to see how well it is.
    Can't wait to try the Finite, but gonna let it rest a bit first, if my patience will hold up. LOL!
    My only concern is the ring gauge is a little large. If I'd been smart, I'd have gone with the Toro instead of the BFC.
    The ones I picked up are the Toros 52 x 6.2 I believe, great vitola!
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    found these today both sealed
    image image
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Few B&M Fuente singles and a stellar bomb from thehilk

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    image image
    NIIIIICCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    image image
    So jelly Joe, very nice. Blow the smoke this way. Enjoy
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    image Hammer + Sickle event limited production of 100 boxes of Sochi 2014 free vodka with purchase, YES PLEASE!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    thehilk:
    image Hammer + Sickle event limited production of 100 boxes of Sochi 2014 free vodka with purchase, YES PLEASE!
    thats a deal!! Free booze?! Gurkha should use this!! I'd buy some lol but really nice score
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thehilk:
    Where can I get this.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    thehilk:
    Very nice brother!! Aand where??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    jgibv:
    thehilk:
    Very nice brother!! Aand where??
    Sweet!
  • Options
    jgibv:
    thehilk:
    B&M in New Hampshire bought all stock and is selling it, don't think u can get anywhere else
  • Options
    image Top 2 for me bottom 2 for a BOTL who was looking for these in a semi blind 5er
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thehilk:
    jgibv:
    thehilk:
    B&M in New Hampshire bought all stock and is selling it, don't think u can get anywhere else
    Are you taking orders for us Jeff? That's very cool.....damn I want to live near a great B&M..
  • Options
    They have a website if anyone is interested.. Pm me I'll give u the 411
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Fine and rares! Those are so beautiful!
    Today I got:photo F1A82D12-5894-417F-AB01-667E1CD44151.jpg
    And a awesome hit from Rain FTW!photo 8A7EAF3B-8CB5-46DE-89FC-0299659889B5.jpg
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    image image
    I am or was the biggest Viaje **** ever. I used to offer dibs on organs to get new releases. Was so hard to quit cold turkey and not buy Viaje over the past two years. This pic has me dying on the inside. My Viaje collection is down to about 30 sticks now. Trying hard to resist giving you my bank account info. Excellent find. Maybe I will get lucky when I go shopping next weekend. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I am or was the biggest Viaje **** ever. I used to offer dibs on organs to get new releases. Was so hard to quit cold turkey and not buy Viaje over the past two years. This pic has me dying on the inside. My Viaje collection is down to about 30 sticks now. Trying hard to resist giving you my bank account info. Excellent find. Maybe I will get lucky when I go shopping next weekend. Enjoy!
    You, sir, are my hero! You have 30 Viajes alone??? I don't even have 30 sticks in my whole collection! I wanna be jsnake when I grow up!! LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    jsnake:
    You, sir, are my hero! You have 30 Viajes alone??? I don't even have 30 sticks in my whole collection! I wanna be jsnake when I grow up!! LOL
    I have not bought anything new in 2 years. Been smoking what I have on hand and I still have 100 sticks left in the humidor. I had around 400 Viaje sticks when I realized I had a problem and needed to stop. Was so hard because I loved hunting down those new releases and stocking up on them. I had an endtable humidor stuffed with Viaje. Been smoking them up. Think I will have to celebrate my daughter going home from the hospital next week with an original release Skull & Bones ? or original release Zombie. You will get there someday and your humi will be beautiful. Just don't get burned out thinking you need to buy every new release or high dollar cigar. Enjoy what you like and keep it fun and relaxing. That is how I am revitalizing my cigar hobby.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Puff_Dougie:
    jsnake:
    I have not bought anything new in 2 years. Been smoking what I have on hand and I still have 100 sticks left in the humidor. I had around 400 Viaje sticks when I realized I had a problem and needed to stop. Was so hard because I loved hunting down those new releases and stocking up on them. I had an endtable humidor stuffed with Viaje. Been smoking them up. Think I will have to celebrate my daughter going home from the hospital next week with an original release Skull & Bones ? or original release Zombie. You will get there someday and your humi will be beautiful. Just don't get burned out thinking you need to buy every new release or high dollar cigar. Enjoy what you like and keep it fun and relaxing. That is how I am revitalizing my cigar hobby.
    Great advice Jake! Thanks! And, after the week you've had... when your daughter comes home next week, I say you spark up the Skull & Bones and the Zombie!!! You deserve it!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Plan on celebrating and having more of my McClellan 12 Year. Our wedding anniversary is Valentine's Day and I moved my summer vacation to this week so I could be here with my daughter. So we will have much to celebrate next week and I am sure my wife will smoke one with me.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i got the strangest thing i have gotten while buying and winning cigars......I won a humidor and 10 cigars and received the 10 cigars in this: photo 2813FE6B-587F-4899-B969-53608E50E786_zpssosfbovj.jpg

now before i opened it, i thought it was someone being funny by sending my lotto winnings in an envelope but only including tubos because i could hear things clinking around in there.

instead i open it and there are 10 of these in there:

photo 3710C842-E971-428F-8738-B51275896AE0_zpszv6smuke.jpg

so now i have 10 individual cigar holders that hold a single toro sized cigar......anybody want 1 or 5?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Heck yes! Those things are handy.
  • Options
    Can't have too many holders for singles. If you want to get rid of a few, I'm game.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Brian I could use 1 bro.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    i got the strangest thing i have gotten while buying and winning cigars......I won a humidor and 10 cigars and received the 10 cigars in this:

so now i have 10 individual cigar holders that hold a single toro sized cigar......anybody want 1 or 5?
    what kind of cigars were they to come like that?
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    brianetz1:
    i got the strangest thing i have gotten while buying and winning cigars......I won a humidor and 10 cigars and received the 10 cigars in this:

what kind of cigars were they to come like that?
    that's the funny thing.....they were crappy medium filler under $1 cigars.

shoot me your addys if you are interested. I want to keep 3 or 4 of them
  • Options
    Some of you heard that MorganGeo was having a rough Monday last week. Being the good BOTL that I am I suggested that if he bombed someone he would feel better. I DID NOT MEAN ME!!!!! Seriously, nice hit Morgan! Four I've enjoyed before and two that are new to me. Here is the damage:

By the way, my son got the mail and wondered why the door to the mailbox had been blow. almost all the way off.