Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    imagephoto IMAG1175.jpg 5 pack winnings from cfed.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Into the freezer you go! I can't wait to fire these up next week! image
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice, I just put in an order on these yesterday I can't wait to try them
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Into the freezer you go! I can't wait to fire these up next week!
    Catfish, will you smoke one that soon? If I remember right you said you will freeze for about a week? No resting period after the freezer? Because of your Pre-embargo show when you talked about freezing and beetles (that and the icing on the cake, I was once given an infested cigar and he said he just received them from a retailer) I now freeze every cigar that I get for a week long. I then try to give at least two weeks rest in the humi before I fire it up, but you don’t?
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker winnings from Brian...Thanks for the sticks. image
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got reamed out..... Jim the Shizz murdered me, see Trades section or search for "peckerwood" to find it.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Do you freeze everything Dustin?

And how are those compared to the 3x3?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    catfishbluezz:

Yes I freeze everything now. I had several cigars get beetles on multiple occasions last year, all NC cigars from various countries and blenders. I quarantine all cigars before i put them in my humidors period. As far as the difference, I have had 4x4 in my B&M and not noticed a difference. I assumed the lonsdale would be similar to the corona. I was under the impression the only difference is the tubes.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:
    catfishbluezz:

Yes I freeze everything now. I had several cigars get beetles on multiple occasions last year, all NC cigars from various countries and blenders. I quarantine all cigars before i put them in my humidors period. As far as the difference, I have had 4x4 in my B&M and not noticed a difference. I assumed the lonsdale would be similar to the corona. I was under the impression the only difference is the tubes.
    sucks about the beetles man.

and thanks for the info....love the 3x3, need to try the 4x4.
    if they are the same i'll have to stock up on whichever one is less a better value, i'd assume that would be the 4x4

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

FireRob:
    catfishbluezz:
    Catfish, will you smoke one that soon? If I remember right you said you will freeze for about a week? No resting period after the freezer? Because of your Pre-embargo show when you talked about freezing and beetles (that and the icing on the cake, I was once given an infested cigar and he said he just received them from a retailer) I now freeze every cigar that I get for a week long. I then try to give at least two weeks rest in the humi before I fire it up, but you don’t?
    for most cigars I would stick to a few weeks. However, these are cheapie and I haven't had one in a while. They should come out of the freezer Friday. Into the humi Saturday, and if I'm on the lake Sunday, I'll have one with me lol
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Rodger that. Thanks Catfish
    FireRob:
    Rodger that. Thanks Catfish
    no worries, protocol I explained on that show is normally what I stick too. I personally think they need a few weeks to settle. No different then travel.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered the prize for the "Drum Roll Please" contest yesterday about this time. Had it sent to our business PO box. It was waiting at the post office this morning. How's that for service?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    got these today
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my goodies in today that I bought myself for Father's Day:

Some DE Feral Flying Pigsimage

Also got me Bunker Busters!! image

And then Mr EOL bombed me with a nice 5 pack samplerimage

it was a great day! Excited for my bounty!
    image image
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    image image
    What is THAT!!
    The Kid:
    What is THAT!!
    LCDH Habanos custom rolls
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    What is THAT!!
    LCDH Habanos custom rolls
    Crazy!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    In addition to the Tupac impression I'm doing in the Gang War, these tasties came today too.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepin Friday

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    In addition to the Tupac impression I'm doing in the Gang War, these tasties came today too.
    Damn, nice!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a box in the mail from jd50ae .looks like i got some work to do hahahaha.thanks brothter. bands from james owens photo output_zpshz5cgs5y.jpg and he threw in this too..gues i gotta figure out something to do with it... foundry gear photo output_zpsee2d20oq.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, my wife had surgery. It was a long surgery and since we were in the big city, she told me to go get something to eat, as I hadn't eaten all day and stop by the cigar shop and see if there was something I wanted.
    After browsing their humi fora while, I came across a closed Padron family Reserve box. There were several closed boxes and the ones I opened were empty, so I expected this one to be empty. There was one left. When I asked how much, the guy says, would you give $18 for it? Uh, would you take a debit card? LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good day in this neighborhood. The nice lady delivered so no chance to again pull his strings.

imageimage
    FINALLY got the drawers and shelves for my wineador after waiting for a little more than 10 weeks. Not quite as nice as I'd hoped, they actually look nicer in the picture than in person, but still not too bad. Freed up a bit of space too.

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    FINALLY got the drawers and shelves for my wineador after waiting for a little more than 10 weeks. Not quite as nice as I'd hoped, they actually look nicer in the picture than in person, but still not too bad. Freed up a bit of space too.

Did you get a hardwood front? 10 weeks? Wow. I have a way to go.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Well they look fantastic in these pictures. What brand is your wine cooler?
    It's a Koldfront 28-bottle. Well, my order went in just as they moved to a new shop and I think it got lost so it shouldn't take others quite that long. On the upside the owner is generally pretty responsive to email, there was only one email that I had to send a second time, the others he responded within an hour or two. They have lacewood fronts, they're a bit rougher to the touch than I expected but they fit absolutely snug.