Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm new cooler you say...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    La Traviata and La Duena!
    Nice score, Charlie.  Great smokes for the money!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swung by Hatuey Cigars and got a Taco for the wife, a full corona and a handfull of minute break cigarillos for myself

http://www.hatueycigarsreno.com/product/15774912

The taco does look like fun to smoke

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff Let me know how the Taco was. Never had one but looks good

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    peter4jc said:
    cbuck said:
    La Traviata and La Duena!
    Nice score, Charlie.  Great smokes for the money!
    Thanks Peter! @peter4jc I got the La Traviata for 4.00 bucks a stick! A local B & M was trying to get rid of them. The cello is so yellow! I bought a couple the first go round, liked them so much, went back and bought the rest! Not neccessarily a good move, with the Lottery win! 
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Some butter:D 
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This arrived today. Thanks @peter4jc
    the coffee smells amazing. I plan a full Sunday morning taste test. The sticks were a very generous and thoughtful add on. 
    If you enjoy the beans as much as I enjoyed roasting them, then we'll both be in our happy place.  The Sosa and Quesada have several months on them, the others just got here.
  • Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a box of nub habano 466. Absolutely love these smokes
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a box of nub habano 466. Absolutely love these smokes
    My favorite of the nub line
    So, I got a package today! To early for any lottery winnings, and @Bigshizza wasn't even in the lottery this month? Jim decided to return fire for some holiday ice cream I sent him! Totally not necessary, but appreciated! Some fine cigars, which I will get to enjoy, and some local peanut butter brittle, which I can't seem to find right now! Wife works Tuesdays, and absconded with it somewhere! I did get to sample it first though! Thanks Jim, Laurel, and Clover!imageimage
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Business as usual for the Shizz. 
    Business as usual for the Shizz. 

Yes, I probably shouldn't be surprised! But now we are not even again!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Jimbo
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CvilleE you gotta let us know how those yellowcake are
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Caldwell himself stated he didn't think they were good enough to sell so they became his event only sticks. I think he discontinued them and is coming out with something else
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Caldwell himself stated he didn't think they were good enough to sell so they became his event only sticks. I think he discontinued them and is coming out with something else
    Good info, I had no idea about all that, just knew they are hard to find. Looking forward to trying them out though...
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    CvilleE said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Good info, I had no idea about all that, just knew they are hard to find. Looking forward to trying them out though...
    That wasnt meant to be a knock against you, I was just making a comment. Ive wanted to try them also but the after market prices are crazy
    -- Winston Churchill

• OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Usaf06 for the premium selection. I look forward to trying the Laranjas as well as the others! Outstanding!

I have learned my lesson. There is no cigar that I have not atleast 2x. 
    Enjoy bro. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    CvilleE said:
    Usaf06 said:
    That wasnt meant to be a knock against you, I was just making a comment. Ive wanted to try them also but the after market prices are crazy
    It's all good my friend, I didn't take it like that at all. I had heard before that these are event only sticks, but didn't realize the story behind it. Appreciate you sharing!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    As Clubber Lang said...

Pain
    Oneisnone said:
    Thanks @Usaf06 for the premium selection. I look forward to trying the Laranjas as well as the others! Outstanding!

I have learned my lesson. There is no cigar that I have not atleast 2x. 
    Hehehe... When asked if you have smoked Cigar X, the answer is always, "Yes, they're OK - not great, but OK", never no.  Even answering, "Yes, I love 'em" isn't a safe answer.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain said:
    As Clubber Lang said...

Pain
    hope you are feeling better tommorrow!!

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Had this yesterday, very disappointed. Flavorless and cracked bad. Then I had an acid kuba kuba... terrible
    @CvilleE
    These are the new ones I believe

-- Winston Churchill