Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A $116 ticket for driving my car with an expired emissions sticker. "Why didn't you get inspected?" Officer says. Because I'm broke. "Oh ok here's a fine to help." Yay...
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slave to the system...... He has to generate enough revenue to justify his existence.
    I love the western slope,  You can drive any old rattle trap piece of crap around with no inspection or emissions.
     Go over the Hill into Denver and it's a different story.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995, Thats shocking to hear in Colorado, but guess depends what county you live in, some don't have required emissions testing same as Texas. Where I live in Texas most inspection stations here it's plug machine into cars port, machine says pass you pass, open hood to check for emissions equipment…nope lol. Austin and Dallas and surrounding counties, strict as hell…
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    @TX98Z28
     Yeah that's how it is in Denver.   We still have a little breathable air left on the Western slope so we don't give a crap lol
     I was pretty shocked to learn that I don't even have to have an inspection let alone  Any emissions test when I 1st moved here

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. The crazy part is he was going the opposite direction on a 2 lane road. I'd really like to know how he could tell the sticker was expired. So now I have 24 hours to et it inspected and 10 days to pay the fine or they suspend my license and issue a bench warrant. Absolutely insane. In Maryland, you got the car inspected once and it was good for the length of ownership.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Year deals

Those Leaf's are really good, one of my favorites at a local B&M when we stop for a coffee and smoke.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
     From Wifey.  I love beer. Love the new Tee and cutter (Is Wifey coming around??) 

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
     From Wifey.  I love beer. Love the new Tee and cutter (Is Wifey coming around??) 

Trust me, she’s not.  :D
  • Options
    SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    New Year deals

Those Leaf's are really good, one of my favorites at a local B&M when we stop for a coffee and smoke.
    I had one courtesy of the @Bigshizza i believe and really enjoyed it. Thought i would revisit!
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:

Trust me, she’s not.  :D
    I was afraid of that... Hmmm..I wonder what else she bought while i bit hook line and sinker  on the run fake?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I like those torpedoes quite a bit.   To me they taste different than the short Churchill.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing, thanks to the Yakster buying freeze. I like the anticipation of a soon to arrive order; the anticipation of a deal too good to pass up just doesn't work as well but it is working for now. CAS is real.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like those torpedoes quite a bit.   To me they taste different than the short Churchill.
    Hoping they deliver, think the only one I've had was a corona or robusto awhile back, was really good. Heard these short torps were good, couldn't pass them up for under a bill. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying freeze continues, only boxes arriving are for the Wife, it's starting to feel normal not getting cigars delivered all the time.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    TX98Z28 said:
    Hoping they deliver, think the only one I've had was a corona or robusto awhile back, was really good. Heard these short torps were good, couldn't pass them up for under a bill. 
    Ya  They are on the daily deal now and then 99 bucks for a Box of 14..... I don't care for the longer ones but the short sobremesa are tasty

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short churchill and en cedros are blended slightly different then other sobremesa for a stronger cigar. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter