Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Auction for my daughter. Lots of things to win!

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
In February my daughter became gravely ill and she almost passed away. She was diagnosed with an extremely rare blood disorder - paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. The hospital was amazing and we can never repay them for their part in saving my daughter's life. I have received numerous donations from some amazing people in the cigar industry to help with an auction. The purpose of this auction is to raise money to help with the medical bills we incurred with all remaining donations going to The Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. I have great insurance but we are faced with all deductibles up front and they do not pay 100% even after that is met. We are hoping to either give the hospital a check, buy a piece of equipment, or buy toys and things for the sick kids there.

This is how it works. For every $5 donated you will get 1 entry into a drawing on March 31st for the prizes that will be listed here. Donations can be made by Paypal or USPS money orders. Send me a PM for the paypal account or my address. This will be posted on Facebook as well.

There are more things to come! So far this is what has been physically received. I will post the others as they arrive. You will see multiple items listed in the pics but each drawing is for 1 prize unless noted. Thank you to:
Eddie Ortega
Miami Cigar
Gurkha
XIKAR
Viaje
262 Cigars
General Cigar Co.
Oliva
Padilla

5 - 5 pack samplers of Ortega Serie D and 1 box of Ortega Serie D No. 12
2 boxes of Gurkha Rogue Armageddon
1 box of Nestor Miranda Grand Reserve 6 1/8X52
image 1 XIKAR Stratosphere High Altitude Lighter - Hunter with 1 can of XIKAR Purofine Butane. 1 XIKAR Xi2 Cutter - Noir. 1 Xi 5 Cigar Travel Humidor
1 Viaje 2XL Hoodie, 1 Viaje Skull & Bones Beanie, 1 Viaje Zombie Baseball Cap
From an annonymous donor
1 box Partagas 1845, 1 box La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli
A very limited edition box of 262 Manifesto from a few years ago. Thought there was 500 made but actually only 262 boxes. I have one stick left in the humi for me and a sealed box for one of you.
1 box Oliva Serie V Maduro Melanio
1 box Padilla Vintage Reserve

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Let me see what I can pull off around here. I'll text you tomorrow for more info.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I have more stuff coming in this week from General Cigar.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM your addy and who to make out the money order to.
    Paypal doesn't like my credit card or my credit card doesn't like paypal, so I'll send a money order.
    It will be after the 15th and I can't promise a lot, but I'll do what I can.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm sent
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Pm sent
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    PM sent for paypal information.
    All PMs replied. I do not want to publicly post entries per person just so everyone feels comfortable. The small donations mean just as much as the large ones. I will be keeping an updated list of all donations on my end and will post all winners at the drawing time publicly.
    Mine never got replied. Im not the best at pm's so if you dont see mine send me a pm
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    On a side note we got to celebrate her 8th birthday last week. So thankful for that. Here is to many many more!
    Should be posting more prizes this week. I have stuff coming from E.P. Carillo, General Cigar Co., and Casa Magna.
    Custom Knife added to drawing. See first post.
    bump
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Added 2 more boxes of cigars and a knife. More to come.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Just PMed asking for paypal address...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
    All PMs replied.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done!
    bump
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    PM replied. 25% of the goal we set has been reached. Thank you all who have helped out so far and those who are planning to help. Printing everyone's name out for how ever many entries they have and at the end my daughter will pick names form a bowl for each prize. Hoping to have a couple more things to add this week.
    Money order will go out Monday, so I'm hoping you will receive it Wednesday.
    And don't forget to check your email tomorrow.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Will do buddy. Thanks!
    jsnake:
    PM replied. 25% of the goal we set has been reached. Thank you all who have helped out so far and those who are planning to help. Printing everyone's name out for how ever many entries they have and at the end my daughter will pick names form a bowl for each prize. Hoping to have a couple more things to add this week.
    I still have 4 donations, (3 names) to send you.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    PM Snake
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    PM Snake
    All sent my man !
    Hope it helps, and another worthy cause !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Thank you all. PMs replied again.
    Replied to your PM.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Not sure if I mentioned this but everyone's name will be printed out for however many entries they have. All entries will be placed into a hat, jar, or bowl, and my daughter is going to draw the winners for each prize.