Home Non Cigar Related
Options

KBS

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Not to thread jack but since it's along the same lines, I found 2 4-packs of bourbon county brand stout,2013, for 95 shipped. Decent price? Trying to decide, this has been on my unicorn beer list for a while.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Not to thread jack but since it's along the same lines, I found 2 4-packs of bourbon county brand stout,2013, for 95 shipped. Decent price? Trying to decide, this has been on my unicorn beer list for a while.
    i think theyre about 30 per four pack msrp (I paid that for them in California). so that 95 bucks is a bit hiked up. i assume most bcbs on shelves nowadays will be price jacking.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    i think theyre about 30 per four pack msrp (I paid that for them in California). so that 95 bucks is a bit hiked up. i assume most bcbs on shelves nowadays will be price jacking.
    I paid $9 each bottle
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo 8E7560A2-BEDD-4F14-9F68-1D4AD8A10FFF.jpgKBS?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    photo 8E7560A2-BEDD-4F14-9F68-1D4AD8A10FFF.jpgKBS?
    i have that at home !
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    tomorrow, tomorrow.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ewww....My bottle shop's got 2013 BCBS for $19.99 a 4pk. Don't pay $95 for eight bottles. That's too much.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    tomorrow, tomorrow.
    milk jugs son!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    jliu:
    bandyt09:
    jgibv:
    jliu:
    jgibv:
    jliu:
    hey man. you're right. april 1, they will be released to their distribution footprint. they're releasing it to their local market starting march 25.
    Thanks for info Jiunn....
    March 25 you say? I will start checking out the local spots and see if anyone is getting it. Will mark my calendar though for that day.

Seriously doubt I'll find any around here, would love to try it though.
    If I happen to come across some --- I'll certainly try to score extras for you (or any other BOTLs that want to try it.)
    thanks dude!
    Always happy to help out friends who enjoy good beer.
    John, Jiunn doesn't enjoy good beer and you may have misunderstood. Juinn is looking for Korean Barbeque Sauce. However, please feel free to send beer to his Lake Forest CA address.
    hahaha. korean barbeque skeet. skeet skeet skeet
    Talked to a Founders Rep on Sunday....I asked him if Columbus counted as part of the "local market" --- wishful thinking I know ---- and he said no LOL.
    Dang it! So April 1 is the date for me. He didn't know specific stores but I have a couple in mind that I'm going to check out. He also gave me some info on a couple bars/restaurants around town that will be getting kegs but he said they'll be gone within an hour or two after they're tapped....

But I do have a line on some high-quality Korean BBQ Sauce (or recipe) if you guys are interested in that ;-)
    Pass the info onto me if u don't mind John
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Pass the info onto me if u don't mind John
    LOL --- You want the Korean BBQ Sauce recipe??? CLICK HERE

As far as the beer ---- I'll send you a PM in a sec.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I'm willing to pay via Paypal or bedroom activities.
    You mean if I pick up a case, you will make the bed, dust the furniture and vacuum the carpets? ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Puff_Dougie:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm willing to pay via Paypal or bedroom activities.
    You mean if I pick up a case, you will make the bed, dust the furniture and vacuum the carpets? ;^)
    He said he wants you to suck on his rug!.!. Wowsers
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I have confirmed that my place is getting their delivery on Thursday. I have to work that day, so hopefully it comes as late as possible. Cross your fingers, I already got the okay from the Mrs to purchase as much as possible!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I have confirmed that my place is getting their delivery on Thursday. I have to work that day, so hopefully it comes as late as possible. Cross your fingers, I already got the okay from the Mrs to purchase as much as possible!
    i would so do you tony
  • Options
    The search is on.....

• Options
    jgibv:
    The search is on.....
    No luck at Kroger, Giant Eagle, or Meijer at lunch....
    There was a pallet of plain-packaging, unopened cases at Giant Eagle though stacked on a wooden skid.
    No one around to help though (typical)...tried peaking in the handle-holes on the boxes, didn't see any that looked like KBS...looked like it was all Curmudgeon and All Day IPA.

Saw 1 of the bottle shops neaby posted on their facebook that they got 1 case of it, but aren't taking reservations and it's a one bottle limit per customer....LOL, not messing with that....

I'm thinking Giant Eagle might be my best bet....

• Options
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    The search is on.....
    There was a pallet of plain-packaging, unopened cases at Giant Eagle though stacked on a wooden skid.
    No one around to help though (typical)...tried peaking in the handle-holes on the boxes, didn't see any that looked like KBS...looked like it was all Curmudgeon and All Day IPA.

Saw 1 of the bottle shops neaby posted on their facebook that they got 1 case of it, but aren't taking reservations and it's a one bottle limit per customer....LOL, not messing with that....

well aint that some bulllllllshit
  • Options
    Boom! My bottle shop proprietor is getting one case, and he is setting aside a 4 pk for yours truly!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! Can't wait to crack a bottle later this week if it all works out!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Boom! My bottle shop proprietor is getting one case, and he is setting aside a 4 pk for yours truly!
    Same here. I popped in today, but they won't receive a shipment of anything from Founders until next week. He said, "Don't worry. We'll make sure you get some."
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    jliu:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    The search is on.....

well aint that some bulllllllshit
    Yeah it is man. Checked a couple other Krogers and Giant Eagles last night, no luck. Will try again in a couple days.

And as far as that bottle shop goes, eff em
    I'm not a big fan of that bottle shop though --- they do $hit like this all the time with "limited" releases --- advertising "we only got 1 case, limit 1 bottle per customer, no reservations, etc." Blah blah blah
    But I'll go over to Meijer or Giant Eagle grocery store and find a whole end cap full of the "limited" beer the bottle shop advertised. That's how I ended up with so much GLBC Xmas Ale this year....

• Options
    I have my prep period at the end of the day, so I'm totally scamming out of there when it begins to race to my favorite beer store and hopefully snag some. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of picking up a pack of BCBS with this, and seeing how they stack up head to head. If only Bell's had a distribution footprint in my area. I hear their bourbon barrel stout is pretty legendary.
  • Options
    i'll be looking around a few stores today John if i find any i got u.
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    Sounds good Ray, LMK.
    I'd just want to try 1 bottle or 2, I don't need a whole 4-pack.

Giant Eagle seemed to be the most promising lead but no luck so far....going to check again after work today....

• Options
    jgibv:
    Glock1975:
    Sounds good Ray, LMK.
    I'd just want to try 1 bottle or 2, I don't need a whole 4-pack.

Giant Eagle seemed to be the most promising lead but no luck so far....going to check again after work today....
    Ok bud.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I have my prep period at the end of the day, so I'm totally scamming out of there when it begins to race to my favorite beer store and hopefully snag some. Wish me luck!
    tony. it's been a little over 16 hours since you last posted about this. wtf dude?! jk. any luck?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    tony. it's been a little over 16 hours since you last posted about this. wtf dude?! jk. any luck?
    I think Snoobie is hot in the shorts for some KBS...
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    I think Snoobie is hot in the shorts for some KBS...
    :) and the hots for bigshizza ouchie wawa
  • Options
    This is what 1 place carried today, I bought them all image image image image image And they guy would only sell me 1 KBS that he had in the back he has a few packs reserved for his friends, so I got this 1 for Jgibv aka John image Someone send me his addy please, I have it somewhere but need it again.