Home Non Cigar Related
Options

KBS

13»

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Ray Ray all day. A bit Jelly here
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nice!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn!!! Nice pick up Ray! You got almost the whole Founders lineup right there. And I appreciate the thought on the KBS but keep it for yourself bro! Enjoy it man! Let me keep looking for a little while longer....tried a couple spots after work, no luck but found some ommegang fire & blood, didn't buy any but might have to go back and get some. Going to check a couple more spots tomorrow too.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope bro, it's yours when I get back home. Once it's decided it's over. :)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    I have my prep period at the end of the day, so I'm totally scamming out of there when it begins to race to my favorite beer store and hopefully snag some. Wish me luck!
    tony. it's been a little over 16 hours since you last posted about this. wtf dude?! jk. any luck?
    Don't tell anyone, but I got you :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Distribution is expanding to include 5 new states this month & AZ is one of them!!!! Looks like my hunt begins on the 21st.....
    Founders Brewing Heading West
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    I have my prep period at the end of the day, so I'm totally scamming out of there when it begins to race to my favorite beer store and hopefully snag some. Wish me luck!
    tony. it's been a little over 16 hours since you last posted about this. wtf dude?! jk. any luck?
    Don't tell anyone, but I got you :)
    yes!!! i'm gonna clean up tonight for you. gonna shave my inner butt cheeks for you <3
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Yea Boy! It pays to be friendly to the people at your locally owned liquor store. He had to get it out of the back room because it isn't sold to the everyday customer.
    photo 20140404_181221_zps8grdieqy.jpg
  • Options
    I almost feel guilty posting this, but I really needed a year supply. Plus, Carrie really likes it too, so I have to share. We already started drinking it last night and it's just as good as I remember.

Untitled
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I almost feel guilty posting this, but I really needed a year supply. Plus, Carrie really likes it too, so I have to share. We already started drinking it last night and it's just as good as I remember.

Untitled
    son of a mother!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:

Untitled
    That stuff sucks Tony, just send it all to me so you don't have to suffer through it ;-)

• Options
    SleevePlz:

Untitled
    GOOD GOLLY!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Dang
    Yeah, we even hit up a store today to replace the 4 pack we drank/gifted yesterday. I think I'm done now. Time to mail a few out while the Mrs isn't looking.
  • Options
    you and me baby aint nothin but mammals
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Two bottle limit at our local bottle dispensary. Trying to convince the wife to go down and make a purchase. Thankfully she doesn't drink beer lol!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    I hope everyone that was looking found some. This year was my first time finding it and was very impressed.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Kbs was more of a pain this year. Even bcbs was as well. Next year might be worse sadly.
  • Options
    I'm going to start drinking readily available stuff. Its a pain to hunt at times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jliu:
    I'm going to start drinking readily available stuff. Its a pain to hunt at times
    it's hard to beat Lagunitas, Enjoy By, Alesmith, etc. just to name a few.
  • Options
    james40:
    jliu:
    The Lost Abbey is good stuff
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    james40:
    jliu:
    The Lost Abbey is good stuff
    Totally agree fellas. We have such great shelf beers in ca. Pretty spoiled we is
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    How did yall get started in this? Just pick some off the shelf and see whats up?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    How did yall get started in this? Just pick some off the shelf and see whats up?
    For me it all started last year when a buddy sent me an Avery uncle jacobs to try. Slippery slope since then!
  • Options
    When I go and look on the shelves, there is so much stuff that I get confused (which isnt hard) and normally i end up leaving with something that iv had before.

I wish I could have an inventory sheet and decide before I get there.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    And down the rabbit hole you go........

You'll be out one day and try a different beer on tap at a restaurant or bar....and realize there's a whole big world of beer out there that's more than just Miller/Bud/Coors/Guinness, etc.

So you'll keep trying these "new" beers on tap whenever you're out.....

Then one day at the grocery you'll skip past the Miller Lite and check out the "craft" beer selection.
    Wow, you never realized these were all beers, there's some weird terms and funny names ... which one to pick??? Hmm, you see a 6-pack that catches your eye, nifty packaging, neat design, and you see a couple other people pick it up while you're trying to decide.
    Get home, crack one open, and you say "wow, this is good. I have to go back and try others".
    So every time you're at the grocery you now walk up and down that beer aisle and pick out a different brand and put a 6-er in your cart.

A few months go by and you've made your way through the grocery stores selection, you're beginning to figure out types of beers you like/dislike, and determine great breweries from the ones that are just "OK". But you still want to try more.....

So one day you'll be out shopping at a different grocery store or even a speciality store and you'll see it....
    It's like a light is shining down from heaven and in front of you is a beautiful floor to ceiling display that stretches as far as the eye can see.

It's.
    All.
    Different.
    Beers.
    Whoa.

There's more variety in front of you then you ever knew existed ---- oatmeal stouts, banana bread ales, 3x IPAs, chocolate bocks --- and the labels, oh boy are they pretty to look at. Some real eye catchers, with vivid colors, unique designs, and some outrageously creative packaging.....
    You want to fill your cart up and try everything, you're overwhelmed, it all looks fantastic but you don't even know where to begin.

So you browse for 10 minutes, which becomes 30 minutes, if you're lucky a "beer guy" will be working and he'll be extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Tell him you're just discovering what you like and dislike but this, this is a huge selection...you weren't prepared for this much variety.
    So you two will chat for a while, he's a cool guy and will offer you suggestions on what to try, steer you away from beers that aren't so great....and help you on your journey.
    Next thing you know you've been there an hour, but you're glad you ran into the "beer guy". You load up your cart with a couple 6 packs and maybe a few larger 750 mL bottles.
    But you vow to come back next week and try more.

You're hooked.

You're going to the specialty shop on a regular basis and need a place to keep your ever-growing beer collection. So you decide on a budget-friendly, small mini-fridge, you can set up in the basement just for your beer. It's great.
    You keep it packed full with a wide variety of beer from breweries all over the world. Whenever you clear out 6-beers, you make a trip back to the store to pick up a new 6-pack. This is pretty fun.
    And you're amassing a pretty good selection, you're all about quality over quantity now...long gone are your college days when a 30-case of natty for $10 was the best thing under the sun, No, not anymore.
    You got a new favorite, it's a limited release Red Ale aged in Whiskey Barrels from a local brewer, man is it good. But if you're not in the mood for that, you got a pretty good range of beers in the mini-fridge, something for almost any occasion....life is good.

Another couple months go by and you start telling your friends about all these great beers, some of your friends get it and appreciate them, some don't and stick to their Budweiser and Coors Light.
    But then you will find a few friends, who have known about this wide-world-of-beer all along but it's never been brought up. You can "talk shop" with these guys and you get together a few times a month to swap beers, discuss that new great Red Ale you picked up, or that brewery that finally got distribution in your area, and what you're looking forward to trying next.

Your deep in the rabbit hole now and you've outgrown the mini-fridge.
    Beer is taking up a good portion of the fridge in your kitchen and you're running out of room .... when was the last time you drank milk? You've been eating dry cereal for breakfast for a few weeks now because in the spot where you usually keep the milk, there sits 2 growlers filled with a limited release summer paw-paw (fruit) ale that you got from a local brewpub.

You can't fit the growlers in your mini fridge but you want, no you need to clear the beers out of the fridge in the kitchen so you can keep milk and veggies in there again. So your big concern is should you get a second mini fridge and take the shelves out for the growlers or just upgrade to a full size fridge, just for beer?
    Eff it, go big or go home, right?
    You decide to keep the mini fridge and get another full size fridge just for your beer.

You move all the bottles and growlers from your kitchen fridge downstairs into your new full-size beer fridge, but it looks so empty. Yeah there's some beer in it, but it looks bare. Only a dozen or so bottle and it can hold maybe 100 more.....

Hmm, now you have to go fill it up but you've already been through all the beers at your nearby groceries & specialty shops.
    Gotta start looking elsewhere.....

And that's the path that will lead you to spending such effort to hunt down a bottle of KBS......

• Options
    lovely write up Juan
  • Options
    WOW....thats awesome! Thanks bub. Now all I need is an understanding spouse, time and money......the first one iv got, the other two, not so much.

But that was an amazing post.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Glad you liked the write up DZR & Dane....
    (I just went back and made a couple edits too)

And yes I hear you on that Dane .... my wife knows I love beer and she will try some of the craft beers I get but she's not much of a beer drinker. She understands it though and appreciates a good brew which is awesome. But I do sometimes get the evil eye or "oh really????" from her if we're at the store and I'm spending too long in the beer aisle, or if I try to sneak a couple extra six packs in the cart LOL.

And the previous home-owners left an old, full size fridge in our basement which wife wanted nothing to do with .... so that's how I scored a full-size beer fridge :-)

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Great write up. Last year I tried a bourbon aged Lost Abby Angel Share on draft.. I was like $7 a pint, and damn good. After 3 pints I was about hammered due to it being like 12% abc.. Now that I've heard about KBS..my never-ending hunt stands at 2 fine beers that are VERY hard to find.