Home Cigar 101
Options

Acronyms & Abbreviations Thread (A&A Thread) Useful terms listed also.

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    Rain:
    MorganGeo:
    What does it mean when one posts 'Necro' thread. Or something like that... It's usually something faggoty that Rain does. LMBO. ;)
    Rude!!!! It means that the last post was a while ago. If I want to talk about the retro, I'll search retro. A thread with good info comes up but was last posted on in 2009. I'll say "Necro" which is probably short for Dungeons and Dragons Necromancy which involves bringing back/controlling the undead. :)
    Your just fun to mess with. haha
    Necro is simply a prefix from the Greek meaning "death" or "dead". So a Necro thread is one that was pretty much dead, but you revived it. It's used to warn readers not to respond to items discussed like they're current. For instance, on the Lancero day thread, if I didn't notice it was from a year ago, I might reply to the conversation like it was recent and come off as a douche. A "necro" warning alerts me to the fact that what came before is old.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ^^^No, we've already established it's D&D related :)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump. I've been editing and adding a few things to the list and if anyone's got some additional suggestions for the list, or want to correct my spelling, kiss my ass please just let me know.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hahahah, necrobump.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Hahahah, necrobump.
    Roll a percentile for spell failure. That's what you get for multiclassing.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Ken Light:
    Hahahah, necrobump.
    What? Oh. It's that D&D *** again. Isn't it? (<--- Rhetorical question.)
  • Options
    Rain:
    Ken Light:
    Hahahah, necrobump.
    I always roll 1.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a new one to add... The acronym is RAIN and it means ThreadJacker3000
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    That's obviously Boots.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    That's obviously Boots.
    Bice try threadjacker3000 was here long before Boots ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ...which means?
  • Options
    Bump for Big''nBall''n. Plus if there's any new terms y'all got in mind,..........
  • Options
    Premipremiprems
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Premipremiprems
    Lovin' my new humidor!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    90+ Irishman:
    There's a new one to add... The acronym is RAIN and it means ThreadJacker3000
    Acronyms have to use their letter to spell things. Like Random And Incoherent Ne'erdowell.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Bump for Big''nBall''n. Plus if there's any new terms y'all got in mind,..........

Thanks Bob
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    What about SC for Spanish cedar? I noticed some guys using this lately.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    What about SC for Spanish cedar? I noticed some guys using this lately.
    Also today I saw somebody write Nic tobacco referring to Nicaraguan Tobacco. Do I really need to add these to the list or are these not widely used? I'm leaning towards not adding them but, whatever.
  • Options
    And are we trying too hard to "anachronize" and abbreviate words for some reason. Are you a cooler dude if you use DPG instead of spelling out the whole name Don Pepin Garcia or are we just lazy? I'm bored.
  • Options
    Lazy...or as I like to think, efficient. 25 y/o adm c/o nvd x 24 hrs....or write out 25 year old active duty male complains of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea for 24 hours.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Lazy...or as I like to think, efficient. 25 y/o adm c/o nvd x 24 hrs....or write out 25 year old active duty male complains of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea for 24 hours.
    I get it. That's very efficient. But, your example is for use among a group of medical professional who all know the terminology/abbreviation. Here on the forum not everyone (Myself included) is entirely up to speed on the cigar lingo that all the cool kids use. We pride ourselves here on educating ourselves and each other, especially newbs, Right? So who does the shortened term DPG serve? Not the newest of newbs. I often use the complete terminology/spelling deliberately so new new newbs don't feel excluded just because they don't know the lingo yet.

Obviously, I'm still bored.
  • Options
    I imagine through the context used, google and the search function most of it can be figured out. Who wants to type out Don Pepin Garcia and Abdel J Fernandez? Not I. Like any other hobby/field, you have no idea when you start...you learn as you go.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMBCDBWEAA
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTTT
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    jarubla said:
    BTTT
    Jay!? You got some 'splainin' to do.

Never mind. Googled it. Can't edit this thread's OP. That's a shame. 
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I completely missed this thread. It's quite entertaining. I miss Rain and Irish. They added flavour (like finely copped fresh garlic to a generations old red gravy recipe) and I hope they visit one day in the not to distant future. Peace!  
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFM = funny fecal matter
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    ^ Thanks Wylaff. I forgot about that one.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all could throw in a def for dog rocket.  Confused the heII out of me the first time I read it.

Also;
    ECM, EMS etc.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    Y'all could throw in a def for dog rocket.  Confused the heII out of me the first time I read it.

Also;
    ECM, EMS etc.
    Way back when I started the this thread we had a different format and I could edit the OP so I was able to add stuff. Can't edit the OP anymore. Maybe I'll cut and paste it into a new post within this thread. That way I can add to the list. 

Dog rocket would be a good one to add but, I don't know jack about what or who ECM and EMS might be. Call me stupid, and maybe it will seem obvious once you tell me but,............ :/