Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Help me do a contest! - Here is the contest - UPDATED

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    First posting has been edited to include the rules and conditions. Ready. Set. Go. Answers begin now.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My answer is still "cabbage" because it is an awesome answer.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say 11
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    6 1/4
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with 8 ,but mostly I hope you guys have a wonderful evening and have a safe trip home,cause that way everybody wins!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    4?
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    gio164gio164 Posts: 180
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Wait why doesn't my 7 count?
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    I feel this is the winner. ^^^^. Get busy smoking guys. Want to see a time lapsed video of this going down.
  • Options
    No_one21:
    I missed yours, I will change mine to 11.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    No_one21:
    I've already got 11 Curtis...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Six (6)
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    13 squared
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    So AJ and I are meeting up tomorrow night for a Cigar and some Knob Creek. This seems like a good opportunity for us to sponsor some type of a contest. But what? What would be fair... and unbiased in any way? The second cigar I hand the good Doctor? The first one he gives me? The second one I smoke that night?

Please provide me with some insight and Maybe I'll use an idea. This is a fast rolling train... I'll try to have some type of rules laid out tonight... and winner will be accounced tomorrow night at or after the event.

----SO HERE ARE THE CONTEST RULES----

How many cigars will be consumed between the 4 of us: AJ and his wife, me and my wife. The event starts at 6, and as AJ says... will continue until he is slurring or stumbling. Bands will be counted at the end of the herf. Winner will be announced tomorrow night if I feel up to it, or the next morning at the latest. The prize will be at least a 5 pack that will include an Ashton from the night's event.

Not all of us may smoke a cigar, but then again, all of us might for this occasion. My wife doesn't usually smoke one, but she said that she might. I've known AJ's wife to smoke cigars. And I smoke occasionally. Yeah right. ;-) ALL PREVIOUS ANSWERS SUBMITTED PRIOR TO MY POST ALERTING YOU TO THIS CHANGE WILL NOT BE COUNTED, AS THE CONTEST HAD NOT BEEN DETERMINED YET. Good luck folks.

I'm going to guess 8 cigars. Guessing the wives are good for one each and you two heavy hitters will be smoking throughout the night.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    All the good numbers were taken

That’s my guess for how many times each gets caught checking out the others wife and or each other.

Edited to change mine to 15 since I went back and saw my other guess was taken
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    I'm going to guess 8 cigars. Guessing the wives are good for one each and you two heavy hitters will be smoking throughout the night.
    I think TwistedStem already has your "8"
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    curtiscr79:
    No_one21:
    I've already got 11 Curtis...
    Third times the charm?

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    this is all kinds of scrambled. I love it.

we even have a DD on speed dial and I believe my Master even has a late start authorized for tomorrow.

Ya know... we need some of you guys who are sick and tired of the snow to move down here in this nice warm enviroment. then we could all party.

Aj
  • Options
    Had a great time. Popped my opus x cherry thanks to AJ. The drinks were good. Had the entire line of knob creek including their smoked maple (which paired rather well with the opus). I had 2 cigars, AJ had 2 cigars, and aJ's wife smoked 1. That was a total of 5, so Morgan, you are the wiener. I'll post some pictures from the night later today.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats to Morgan!

(even though i really won and just lost on a technicality)
  • Options
    Congrats Morgan!
  • Options
    Also, I was looking for some cabbage, cuz, let's face it, cabbage is an awesome answer. But I couldn't locate any.
  • Options
    Here are a couple pics of the couples...

Myself and my wife

AJ and his wife
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Looks like you all had some fun Walt. Hey, there's an intruder in the house!!! (probably a picture?)
  • Options
    james40:
    Looks like you all had some fun Walt. Hey, there's an intruder in the house!!! (probably a picture?)
    haha... no.. that's a guy serving the most expensive drinks ever! He should be shot like an intruder. Nahh.. Guess he's just doing his job. This is at a restaurant called Ardovinos. They have some patios connected to banquet type halls for such events. They let you smoke in those buildings since they aren't connected to the restuarant.