Home General Discussion
Options

CCom create your own cigar

So the thing where you could create your own blend of cigar did that go away or is it still going... I cant find it if its still there
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Very cool idea - I don't have the time to call in right now, but anybody have experience doing this? What's the price range like? Satisfaction?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Yep I got to go down to Miami and make a my blend right the with George. It's $249.95 for the kit which also includes your first production box of cigars. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or just give me a call.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Got it in today and am excited to try it all out image
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ohh baby. I cant wait to see the progress on this one. PLease keep us up to date on how the process is going.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all over this thread! Don't stint the ink. Tell us all about every step.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    I'm all over this thread! Don't stint the ink. Tell us all about every step.
    Alright will do. Ill prob sit down monday and start on it.
    But it will come with 25 cigars of the blend you made in a hand signed box. You can choose from 2 sizes, either Robusto or Toro and depending on the size you choose thats how many fillers you get to choose. 3 wrappers 3 binders and 11 fillers
    (but watch me choose the exact same combo as another cigar out there that costs like 50 cents)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm down for a box if the CCom staff signs it.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I'm so intrigued... Keep us updated and take tons of photo...
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Hmmm this is cool as all get out
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh shizza looks like a fun project
  • Options
    The 3 binders
    One of the fillers
    The 3 Wrappers image

Over all this has been a great learning experience and i had fun doing it. When i get these cigars i think they will become some of my most treasured ones (cheesy but i cant think of what else to call them). I do think some of the puritos needed to be a bit bigger as some of them had zero draw what so ever. But try not looking like a fool with 9 puritos sticking out of your mouth puffing away!

In the end i decided on going with a Toro (6"x50) for size with 3 whole leaves instead of 6 half leaves. Choosing a Habano (Ecuador) Wrapper. A Corojo (Nicaragua) binder. And the 3 fillers Ligero Jalapa (Nicaragua), Seco Jose (Costa Rica), and Viso Jose (Costa Rica)
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cool project. Can't wait to hear how they come out.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really cool and like a lot of fun! Looking forward to see how they turn out.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The sharpie on that third binder looks like it says guano, aka bird poop. What do those labels read?

What did you think of that Pennsylvania filler?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    It what kind of filler binder ect
    Pennsylvania binder? no fillers . But i loved how oily it was but just too harsh of a taste for my liking
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this process! I think a lot of are curious
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    It comes in a box of 25 with you name on it signed by George Rico. And you get to name your blend (not sure if that means bands with the name on it or what) but i went with The Red Paladin.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    It what kind of filler binder ect
    Pennsylvania binder? no fillers . But i loved how oily it was but just too harsh of a taste for my liking
    Yeah, it looks like I mis-spoke -- the Pennsylvania baggie appears in the picture of your wrappers.

I don't get the PA aversion. I guess it's like horehound. I love horehound. Most people hate it. I love the PA binders and wrappers. But they do have a very distinct flavor. You have to like it. Perhaps I gain an appreciation of it from the wonderful experience of motorcycling thru Amish country during curing season. Those slatted barns smell fabulous.

I wonder how long those puros aged before you tasted them. Even a month or two makes a big diff. Especially tones down harshness. Or whether all those puritos were equally new.

I ordered up a quickie finger roller from E-prey for $2.95. Ought to be here Friday. Voy a torcer puritos from the leaf shipment I just got, try one, age one, emulate this same method to blend some perfectos. Before, I always just smelt the leaf and mixed by odor.

Tell me how did you test these? Did you toke two or three at once, blending the smoke in your mouth? Or did you toke one at a time and take notes?

• Options
    Each wrapper, binder, and filler came with 2 putos so first go around i just tried that. Got the flavor of say the PA binder. I marked what i liked/didn't like. With the second ones i smoked up to 6 of the putos at the same time trading one filler out for another (I had it narrowed down to the wrapper and binder, No close seconds with thoese for me). So to answer your question... Both
  • Options
    Putos?

Shadowin... you gotta learn some Spanish, man ;)

• Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Putos?

love it! PUTOS!
  • Options
    I dont know spanish and im sure im saying half the names of these cigars wrong, But hey if you know what i was trying to say then id consider that a win.
  • Options
    By the way -- Robusto Joe is going thru the same process with a kit and documenting it on his site robustojoe.com

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bumpish
  • Options
    Got my cigars in today and i was blown away. the picts dont do them justice. I named them The Red Paladin. Every cigar has my name on it and its way cool. They smell amazing and i cant wait to try them! imageimageimage
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is super cool! Can't wait to hear how they taste.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Just twist my arm a little harder. Can't wait to hear how they came out
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    webmost:
    Putos?

love it! PUTOS!
    Lmao. Was thinking the same thing. Smoking putos. I'll be snickering til bedtime.

On a more serious note, love the idea of blending your own cigar. I doubt I'd have the skill nor the ability to blend it myself. Watch me come up with the scratch one day and end up blending a swisher.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    Damn. Just twist my arm a little harder. Can't wait to hear how they came out
    I really hope they turn out good. Ill be sending one to Kuzi and getting a review from more of an expert than i am.