Props to 5 Vegas

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
Not a review of any kind. I am just going through the 5 Vegas that have been bombed and traded to me and really starting to dig the brand. Every one so far has been enjoyable and I haven't really gotten to the ones I was looking toward to the most. So far I have bought a few from the Daily Deal and Sprintsale and think these could easily be in my regular line up. Price point is good and so are the cigars I have had so far.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    repeat after me.....it is all in your head...you do not like 5 Vegas Gold...You will not **** any 5 Vegas Gold on Sprint....say that over and over..image
    Bill Whittle "Look It Up"
    "Always be the great person your dog thinks your are"

"You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity, or simply marvel at their ability to form words."
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the 5V red label is a good stick. I also like the AAA.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    From the ones I've had, Gold, and AAA they were good. The gold is a little mild for my taste but it was still very smooth. Is there one that stands out above the rest?
  • jgibvjgibv John G.Posts: 9,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    dennisking:
    From the ones I've had, Gold, and AAA they were good. The gold is a little mild for my taste but it was still very smooth. Is there one that stands out above the rest?
    Have you tried the cask strength....that's the "standout" IMHO

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    Only ones I have had so far are the Gold Maduro, Cask Strength, and High Primings. To my surprise the Gold Maduro was my least favorite but still good. In the humi I have a Gold, A, AAA, Limitada 13 and Classic. As far as I know the only ones I am missing are the Relic and Miami.
    jd50ae:
    repeat after me.....it is all in your head...you do not like 5 Vegas Gold...You will not **** any 5 Vegas Gold on Sprint....say that over and over..
    Not to worry, for now... their not on my radar just yet. I do have a tiny Gold corona size somewhere in line that I haven't tried yet.
    JD did you see the Daily Deal yet???
  • ejgormanejgorman Monroe, WIPosts: 1,115 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Only ones I have had so far are the Gold Maduro, Cask Strength, and High Primings. To my surprise the Gold Maduro was my least favorite but still good. In the humi I have a Gold, A, AAA, Limitada 13 and Classic. As far as I know the only ones I am missing are the Relic and Miami.
    Hmmm...missing you say?
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of the Classic and high primings,especially the corona size. I just love the straight up sweet tobacco taste. Then the A. Not so much the AAA it just doesn't do it for me. The Cask strength I thought is one that needs some aging before it develops into a really good smoke. I've only had 1 Relic and thought it was pretty good to.
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    Hmmm...missing you say?
    Speaking of the Miami has anyone tried the new version yet? Wonder how it stacks up to the original.
    jgibv:
    Darktower007:
    dennisking:
    I just got in a Vegas sampler to try. Gonna smoke the cask strength today.
    FireRob:
    JD did you see the Daily Deal yet???

My 5 Vegas Humidor is plump with 5 Vegas Gold right now because of an outrageous bomb from Patrickbrick. But I did see it and I almost got it, thanks for asking.

"You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity, or simply marvel at their ability to form words."
    Darktower007:
    jgibv:
    Darktower007:
    dennisking:

I liked 5 Vegas from the very first one I smoked. The samplers are a good way to go if you have not tried them.

I smoked an 'A' yesterday that had about 3 months on it and I was surprised how much it had improved with a much fuller, not strong, flavor. In fact all of the 5 Vegas line seems to improve with some rest or aging.

I tend to go for a 5 Vegas gold with coffee and the most age I have put on them is about 3 weeks. The Gold just seems ready to go but after a recent BOMB by Patrickbrick I may actually get to let a couple sit for a lot longer.

IMHO The Relic and Animal I think should be dry boxed for awhile. Walt could possibly add some insight about these 2.

• MandobroMandobro Posts: 25
    I like the 'A'. I've found them to be very consistent from batch to batch and in all the sizes.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭
    I had a Cask Strength last night that FireRob sent me. It was very good. :)
    ejgorman:
    Hmmm...missing you say?
    Easy there Eric... If your interested, check my bio and let me know what you would want in a trade that I have or can get for you. I don't think I have your address yet so PM me that as well
    Glad you liked it Chuck, ya didn't let that rest very long did you
  • EchambersEchambers B'Ham Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    PM me your addy and I will send you the relic.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Eric C. See the above reply to the other Eric and we can work it out.
    If you make me work for your address it won't be just the relic.
    Echambers:

Can we make this a gang bang..?

jd50ae:
    Echambers:

Well since he is making me work for his address I say yes.
    Echambers:
    jd50ae:
    Echambers:

If you would be so kind to inform me via PM details and how you wish to proceed. I am new to the gang tactics and I will be happy to follow your lead.

Darktower007:
    jgibv:
    Darktower007:
    dennisking:
    Cask strength was damn good btw.
  • jgibvjgibv John G.Posts: 9,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Darktower007:
    jgibv:
    Darktower007:
    dennisking:
    Cask strength was damn good btw.
    :-)
    Glad to hear you liked it & I didn't lead you astray.....I love them with a glass of red wine. And the cask only gets better with ago IMO. If you can set a couple aside for a year or two you'll be in for a treat.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jd50ae:
    Echambers:
    jd50ae:
    Echambers:

If you would be so kind to inform me via PM details and how you wish to proceed. I am new to the gang tactics and I will be happy to follow your lead.
    Easy does it boys. Eric C I just got done sending a PM with an address. Sorry for the delay, had my daughters 3rd bday party. So call off the gang bang. I'll be happy to work a trade with any one at any time
  • ejgormanejgorman Monroe, WIPosts: 1,115 ✭✭✭
    What's this about a gang bang?
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Crazy Sum Beach
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,003 ✭✭
    Jd do yourself a solid and put the Relic away for a year or so. They can be pretty rough without some decent rest on them.
    Poker Slob:
    Jd do yourself a solid and put the Relic away for a year or so. They can be pretty rough without some decent rest on them.
    From what I have read from JD that would never happen. Might as well ask the man to give up cigars before one will last a year in his Humi