Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Let's Talk Hockey

Comments

• Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    The Wild were 4-1-1 in the regular season against the Hawks. In the first four games of the playoffs the Hawks have averaged like 18 shots on goal a game. The Wild are doing a great job in the defensive zone protecting a weak goaltender.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed watching the wild they've been doing a great job. Hope they move on!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've enjoyed watching the wild they've been doing a great job. Hope they move on!
    Me too. Its been great watching them play. Was never able to catch the games on tv until I started streaming everything.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Chuck N:
    The Wild were 4-1-1 in the regular season against the Hawks. In the first four games of the playoffs the Hawks have averaged like 18 shots on goal a game. The Wild are doing a great job in the defensive zone protecting a weak goaltender.
    Bryz is more than weak. He has been spectacular against some one on one shots. I think Kemp is better but regardless Bryz is playing his heart out and it shows.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and we're tied
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    and we're tied
    DAMNIT
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Looks like most of these series will go to 7. Good stuff but nail biting.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Looks like most of these series will go to 7. Good stuff but nail biting.
    The Penguins are gonna give me an ulcer before this is over! Rangers are playin' with a ton of emotion. Hard to overcome that. One more period to go...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Intense. Wednesday to nail the coffin
  • Options
    Suck it dzr.... This is going 7 damnit!!! I can't believe it man.. Intense series
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Suck it dzr.... This is going 7 damnit!!! I can't believe it man.. Intense series
    Yep...7 with a Kings win and a so-long to the Daffy's
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye bye pens

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Bye bye ****
    You too?
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks better step this up or they may be playing golf soon.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    danielzreyes:
    jgibv:
    Bye bye ****
    You too?
    haha

no

king henrik had some phenomenal saves last night. wow.
    and LOL at Fleury and Maatta, looks like a lack of communication there for sure.

Think Bylsma will get the boot?
    Very talented team and they've done well during his time there, but it never seems to be "good enough".....

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    danielzreyes:
    jgibv:
    Bye bye ****
    You too?
    haha

no

king henrik had some phenomenal saves last night. wow.
    and LOL at Fleury and Maatta, looks like a lack of communication there for sure.

Think Bylsma will get the boot?
    Very talented team and they've done well during his time there, but it never seems to be "good enough".....

That's as painful to watch today as it was last night. Maata played well for a young'un all year, but I think he ran out of gas a few weeks ago. Same might be said for lots of other Penguins, including Crosby. Not making excuses, but with the injuries and other adversities they've had to push through this year, it doesn't look like they had a good playoff run left in them.

Not taking anything away from the Rangers. They outplayed the Pens when it counted. Down 3-1 and came back with sheer determination to go the distance. And, yes, Henrik was unbeatable. Pittsburgh's shots against were way more than NY's, but they couldn't get 'em past Lunquist.

Bylsma may be on the chopping block. We'll see. If he is, Ray Shiro will be going with him. I really don't think it was a coaching issue, though. You don't win the cup every year. They've been contenders throughout Disco Dan's five years. You gotta work with what you've got.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Sorry Bruin fans... :( I hope the Kings survive tonight
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruins are gone! Now just hoping to say good by to the Kings and then eventually the Blackhawks
  • Options
    bert873:
    Bruins are gone! Now just hoping to say good by to the Kings and then eventually the Blackhawks
    Say what??? Not right son!
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    bert873:
    Say what??? Not right son!
    The only problem I see is you cheering for the kings. Those are fighting words to a Blues fan, lol
  • Options
    Well shiiieeeet
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Well shiiieeeet
    Ain't over yet son!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    Well shiiieeeet
    Ain't over yet son!
    Ohhhhh yeah!!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it going to be the Hawks and the Kings? Will be an epic series if so. If this comes to fruition we may just have to make a friendly wager.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I don't wanna talk hockey no more. :(
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I don't wanna talk hockey no more. :(
    Yes, let's not talk hockey. So.. how about that weather? It's quite, weathery.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    Well shiiieeeet
    Ain't over yet son!
    Ohhhhh yeah!!
    I see you LA.
    Do work!

• Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bylsma may be on the chopping block. We'll see. If he is, Ray Shiro will be going with him. I really don't think it was a coaching issue, though. You don't win the cup every year. They've been contenders throughout Disco Dan's five years. You gotta work with what you've got.
    Looks like you were right, Doug....

From Twitter

Bob McKenzie
    Verified account
    ?@TSNBobMcKenzie

PIT will announce this morning GM Ray Shero and head coach Dan Bylsma have been fired. #TSN

• Options
    KINGS!!! Hell yes!!
  • Options
    matkn293:
    Is it going to be the Hawks and the Kings? Will be an epic series if so. If this comes to fruition we may just have to make a friendly wager.
    Kings are destined....at least up until now!!