Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Looking to help some dear friends - please read *UPDATED / PICS

Friends of the forum:

Some close friends of mine, Zach and Danielle , are currently working through the process to adopt a child into their home. They first became interested in adoption before they were married and they hoped it would be part of their story. God was faithful to bring them around several different couples who had adopted from places near and far, and it became obvious to them that God had placed the desire to adopt on their hearts as well. They prayed God would give them children in whatever way He would choose and low and behold they had four - yes four, beautiful, biological children! Along the way they wondered when the time would come for them to adopt, and God in his good timing led them to start the process last fall.

Zach and Danielle are motivated by the knowledge that adoption is God’s idea and He moved Heaven and earth to send His Son here to live and die and live again for us so that we could be adopted by God. God loves Zach and Danielle so much that they want to, in turn, love a little boy or girl who needs a home!

You can imagine the time and expense needed on an adoption! A domestic adoption is typically between $12K-$20K. To help offset the cost I’m participating in a spaghetti dinner fundraiser to be held on June 13th. Here’s where I pray that you all can come in: statistically men give more at fundraisers than women. If you can reach the husbands you can reach the wallets! With the idea of reaching the wallets to help them with the financial requirements of adoption, we’d like to offer a cigar bar. We’ll sell cigars at or below their market value and all proceeds will benefit the adoption process. I would love for you all to donate any cigars you can to our bar! Please keep in mind that this donation is not tax deductible, but you will receive a very heartfelt thank you from the Ashley family!

Zach is a public high school administrator and Danielle is a stay at home momma - needless to say, this adoption is purely a labor of love. Please pm me with any questions you may have! You can read more about the Ashley’s adoption by going to www.ashleyadoption.com

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly a amazing story, Zach it was great meeting you last year, and I would love to help out in anyway, please let me know where I can donate my friend. And tell your friends God Bless.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Ray and Dustin - thanks for being willing to support Zach and Danielle in an awesome way! I thought it best to have everything mailed to me by the 1st of June so they can sit a couple of weeks and be ready for the fundraiser. I'll pm yup both with details in the near future. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I am so in!!! PM me the details.... How many sticks you looking for :)
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That's really great that they are adopting, there are too many kids here who will never have a good home. PM me the details and I'll put something together for them.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in..
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to help too. Our youngest is adopted and we are big advocates of opening hearts and homes to children who need a loving family. PM details please.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    PM info please.
  • Options
    gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    I'm in too.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    in, PM me
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    In. PM me please.
  • Options
    PMs sent to all who have replied to this post - the support on this forum is amazing! Thank you all so much for making this happen!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll need your address, can you PM it to me please?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm back to ya Zach
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Brother send me the addy. I am in.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    In the air brother, looks to land Monday, it was heavy lol
  • Options
    Many thanks Dustin! We originally thought there might be 80 to 100 attend but now it looks like it might work out closer to 200! The support on here is amazing. I thank you all!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay. I'm input can't send anything out until this weekend.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send me an addy please.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In. PM me the details please
  • Options
    Just waiting on a few things to come in from the devil site.... Dude after talking to a few people doing this, this is gonna be effin epic!!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Just waiting on a few things to come in from the devil site.... Dude after talking to a few people doing this, this is gonna be effin epic!!!
    I cannot properly express my appreciation for the support on this one. My thought is to auction off any that might be left over to someone in hopes that they'll go to a good home as Zach and Danielle are trying to make a good home. (See what I did there)
  • Options
    All should have pm's by now. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC 9114901123086754614453
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9405 5036 9930 0296 1035 45
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    9405 9036 9930 0184 8218 01
  • Options
    gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    On it's way. 9114901230801737200077