Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Pm me addy and I'll try to get something out next week if that works
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    PM an addy plez thanks.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I just don't even have words.... This is AMAZING!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Looking good guys! WTG
    I don't think Zach and Danielle will even be able to express the gratitude for the generosity of this forum. I have always said and I'll say it again, there is no other forum like this one!
  • Options
    This is turning out to be something awesome. I can't believe some of the help that's being sent!!!!
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9505 5000 2057 4137 0001 86 ETA is Mon. Here's hoping this goes really well for everyone.
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Your friends are lucky to have friends like you! 9405 9036 9930 0188 2632 63
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    shoot me your info and i will get something out later this week
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The hell with a cigar booth, you're going to be able to open up a B&M after this!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    The hell with a cigar booth, you're going to be able to open up a B&M after this!!
    I had lunch with Zach today and the lawyers have him an estimate of $35,000 total for the adoption. That's $15,000 more than what there top line was figurin to be. They are without a doubt still pursuing this and are going to Kansas Coty this weekend to meet the biological mother and sign the paperwork to start to make everything final. I went to a DE event tonight to pass out flyers we made to helopefully drum up more attendance for the dinner. Thanks again for the support ccom. It doesn't get any better than this forum!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'll have a package in the mail tomorrow, Zach. Sorry about the delay but work has kept me on the road for the past two days.
    I hope the best for your friends and pray that they can make this happen. God bless, my friend.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    Jetmech_63:
    I had lunch with Zach today and the lawyers have him an estimate of $35,000 total for the adoption. That's $15,000 more than what there top line was figurin to be. They are without a doubt still pursuing this and are going to Kansas Coty this weekend to meet the biological mother and sign the paperwork to start to make everything final. I went to a DE event tonight to pass out flyers we made to helopefully drum up more attendance for the dinner. Thanks again for the support ccom. It doesn't get any better than this forum!

just a thought, but maybe we can do an auction or something if everything doesn't sell at the dinner? Every little bit helps
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    OchoZacho:
    Jetmech_63:

just a thought, but maybe we can do an auction or something if everything doesn't sell at the dinner? Every little bit helps
    Yeah I'd donate anything that doesn't sell to whoever wants it
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    rsherman24:
    OchoZacho:
    Jetmech_63:

Yeah I'd donate anything that doesn't sell to whoever wants it
    Explain to me a little more your thoughts on an auction or donation if you don't mind. We are goin to have auction style grab bags at the dinner to help out but I am running through ideas of what to do if any are left over.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put some samplers together and put them up for auction or a flat donation price on the forum. Hopefully everything sells at the dinner, but if not I am sure the forum members would pitch in to buy the remaining stock. It is for a donation, so I don't think anyone would object
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Thats an awesome idea!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM me an addy and I will send out a shipment.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay Zach, hope this helps. DC# 91149011898660559118391
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Since I am an adoptive parent ..oh..... gosh 19 1/2 years ago... I'm definately in.. PM me an address to send the $$
  • Options
    So I want to give a huge shout out to everyone who's sent a package so far and to Shizz's sis for contributing monetarily. With over 200 cigars arriving already, here's a pic of what's come in so far. (Minus a few that have already been sold) This is nothing short of amazing!

• Options
    Awesome job fellas!!
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how CC BOTL Roll, very nice. Hope it all works out Zach.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Bumpity, how'd the fundraiser go or has it not happened yet?
  • Options
    It was actually last night and I'll have to wait to update you guys. I had to put my brother in law in charge of the cigar bar - my wife decided it would be better for us to leave for vacation early and split the 12 hour trip in two as she is 7 months pregnant. I was in communication with many that we're there though and it sounded like a GIANT success. My brother in law should be leaving to meet us on vacation any minute now so I'll have some picture and a better update later.
  • Options
    Very cool!! Hope it rakes in a bunch of cash
  • Options
    Sadly, my brother in law did not get any pictures taken. There was over $500 raised from the cigar donations alone and over $3000 on the total event. We have a little less than half of the cigars left and are still finding homes for them for donations. I will probably end up posting some grab bags here on the forum if anyone is interested.

The adoption does not come with good news though. Last Tuesday the child's biological mother had a check up and they couldn't find the heartbeat. She ended up losing the baby and Zach and Danielle left a short family vacation early to drive to Kansas overnight and be with the mother. They are devastated to say the least as the baby would have been due this week. They are having an autopsy done, but it looks like it might been related to the umbilical cord. Zach and Danielle are still going to adopt and you can catch more of the story on their blog.

Thanks to everyone who supported them in this and keep them in your prayers.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Wow, some mixed feeling on this one. I'm glad to hear that we could help raise some money to help the cause but sad to hear about the baby. I'm sure that everyone involved is devastated. Prayers for everyone.