Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Ebola Virus

2»

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I wonder if that will be making its way into filler, wrapper, or binder.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been gone for awhile, so I may as well come back with a bang and hijack of a thread here. I agree with Rain and what seems to be the sentiment of many (mine if a little moreso as noted in my statment next)----you chose to do this, you knew the risks, lets not get crazy because you died (or may) knowing what you signed up for.

Here is my question.....Why is that any different that when we have the grief or out pouring of public anger and sympathy when a policeman, or fireman, or soldier loses their life?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little off track....but it is related. CDC issues highest level alert amid Ebola outbreak

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/07/cdc-issues-highest-level-alert-amid-ebola-outbreak/

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Ive been gone for awhile, so I may as well come back with a bang and hijack of a thread here. I agree with Rain and what seems to be the sentiment of many (mine if a little moreso as noted in my statment next)----you chose to do this, you knew the risks, lets not get crazy because you died (or may) knowing what you signed up for.

Here is my question.....Why is that any different that when we have the grief or out pouring of public anger and sympathy when a policeman, or fireman, or soldier loses their life?

I think a number of us have posted previously that we put these medical folks on the same level as those in uniform and give them a great deal of respect. I don't think any one of us has lost any understanding about what these people do, and the chances they take. They are the ones doing something, and not the ones screaming "someone do something".
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Vulchor:

I think a number of us have posted previously that we put these medical folks on the same level as those in uniform and give them a great deal of respect. I don't think any one of us has lost any understanding about what these people do, and the chances they take. They are the ones doing something, and not the ones screaming "someone do something".
    ...and we shouldn't leave a fallen soldier behind, should we?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    jd50ae:
    Vulchor:

If there's a bomb strapped to his chest, you might consider defusing that before lifting him into your copter.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Martel:
    jd50ae:
    Vulchor:

If there's a bomb strapped to his chest, you might consider defusing that before lifting him into your copter.
    +1....one vs many, needs of the few vs the greater good....interesting thoughts.