Home General Discussion
Options

How fast or slow do you smoke??

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
The other week it really dawned on me I smoke slow as ****...it took me 3 hours too smoke a diplomatico and still had about 2 inch left till the lounge closed. My buddy looked at me and said wtf your too slow! So it occurred some smoke fast slow and medium what are you??
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I think I started out fast from smoking cigs, but it takes me about an hour and a half to do a robusto
  • Options
    Rain:
    I think I started out fast from smoking cigs, but it takes me about an hour and a half to do a robusto
    and you win!!!!!!! Send me your addy please
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes me about an hour and a half to smoke a gordo. I'm not sure if that fast or slow.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    I have it if he won't give it up lightly...bus runneth over!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally i smoke kind of slow but with few relights which I dislike.. I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.
  • Options
    Dis sum boo sheet.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Generally i smoke kind of slow but with few relights which I dislike.. I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.

+1

I smoke cigars a lot slower then say 8 months ago. They are aged and I am enjoying them more.
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I have herd it said by BOTL every 45 sec hit the dam thing lol
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    Also, just in case something happens...I have it also
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't put it down..bout ever 30 sec or so between a slug of beer.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Not fast. Not slow. Not real slow nor real fast....
    Kind of...ummm...flow....
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    really people really please don't do it!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    OK people really please do it!!
    fixed it for ya Lee.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    I find though,that if I pay attention the cigar will tell me how to smoke to get the full effect of the cigars flavor.
    Eggs Ackley... which usually turns out an hour and a half on up for a robusto.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    curtpick:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    fixed it for ya Lee.
    i see how it is! I'd i get one scrap your done!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    An hour and a half for that Oliva Melanio I smoked on the Vherf. I have no idea if that's fast or slow but a Roman told me I'm a wet smoker.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    curtpick:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    New Boots:
    matkn293:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    fixed it for ya Lee.
    I'd smoke a cigar but if I did I would only have a couple left.
    Hmmm.. really . So your almost out of sticks ? All you guys and gals need to hit up Lee. Poor fella.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the avo LE14 (a 6 x 52 belicoso) took me 2 hours 35 minutes to smoke.
    601 la bomba Robusto took 2 hours to smoke
    Room 101 Master Collection Two Papi Chulo (4x42) took 1 hour 40 min to smoke.
    Ram
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Unicorn:
    An hour and a half for that Oliva Melanio I smoked on the Vherf. I have no idea if that's fast or slow but a Roman told me I'm a wet smoker.

1st, though I've been enjoying cigars for a few years now I still think of myself as a total noob, especially against the wealth of knowledge here on ccom.
    With that said what is a "wet" smoker ???
    Someone that gets the end of the cigar moist with saliva while drawing ? if so I do that too
    As far as smoking speed, depends on my mood and the cigar, I've noticed that when I'm in a better then normal mood, I tend to smoke the cigar to fast while probably drinking to much as well, if in a somber mood, I tend to smoke a little to slow, also I have a hard time smoking slower if the cigar is just to d@mn good even though I know it can burn the flavor, everything being normal an average Robusto will last right about 1.5 hours give or take
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    20-30 minutes per inch.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I smoke slow and enjoy every draw but there is a way to smoke slow and yet not have it go out on you which is the common complaint for smoking slow. 2 small draws and then one long slow draw will keep your cigar burning w/o a relight unless of course your cigar is over humidified.
  • Options
    honorknight7:
    Unicorn:

1st, though I've been enjoying cigars for a few years now I still think of myself as a total noob, especially against the wealth of knowledge here on ccom.
    Someone that gets the end of the cigar moist with saliva while drawing ? if so I do that too
    Yes, I put too much of it in my mouth I think. Thus, the saliva.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    honorknight7:
    Unicorn:

Yes, I get put too much of it in my mouth I think. Thus, the saliva.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I....I can't even....um, what just happened in here!?
  • Options
    I never say anything without a very good reason. :)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    I will translate Jamie speak... Jamie was trying to say that in such a way that's truthful while at the same time making all male members stop and go.... "Ummm did she really just say that and leave that visual?!"
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread Lee, and I'm a pretty slow smoker myself anymore. I base my smoking speed off each cigars ash... Meaning I know if I am smoking too slow or too fast by ashing the cigar and looking at the coal of the cigar. If it ashes and looks like a dome I am smoking too fast since all te tobacco is not burning at the same pace, the outside is burning faster hence the cone. If I am smoking to slow it'll look like a bowl, meaning the inside is burning faster than the outside. So I try to smoke so that the ash falls flat and all tobacco is being burned at the same pace so that I can taste the blend exactly as the blender intended to have it taste as you smoke it.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    About an hour and a half for a robusto. While consuming 2-3 fingers of bourbon. Fingers are evenly spaced.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Unicorn:
    I will translate Jamie speak... Jamie was trying to say that in such a way that's truthful while at the same time making all male members stop and go.... "Ummm did she really just say that and leave that visual?!"
    You, sir, are very astute.
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    90+ Irishman:
    Unicorn:
    You, sir, are very astute.
    They're people just trying to make a living!Oh, thought you said prostitute...carry on.