Home General Discussion
Options

vitola, favs and least liked.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rebirth and revamp.

No judgement, just trying to see where everyone stands. Some like big, some small, some short, some long, some pressed, some have a twist. Shaggy foot, perfecto. What are you lovin?

• Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Good call brother! Idk what it is about box pressed but I find myself gravitating toward them. But I'd be interested to see where others stand on this topic.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    52-54 in a perfect situation (sitting in the back yard on a summer night having a drink by the fire). I probably smoke too fast so that size seems to burn the best for me. I like the flavor from a corona better, but have to pay more attention. Love a lancero, but requires a lot of work and patience. Have to be in the mood. Not a big fan of pressed smokes. Not against them, but I don't get a consistent draw that I would expect.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I hate lanceros. Terrible experiences. I do love box-pressed though.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ok... I'll be the size queen here... I prefer larger ring smokes even though they may take a longer time to smoke. I still like robustos and perfectos and the like but my preference is toro and larger ring. A much cooler smoke that fore is easier to pick flavors from.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Ok... I'll be the size queen here... I prefer larger ring smokes even though they may take a longer time to smoke. I still like robustos and perfectos and the like but my preference is toro and larger ring. A much cooler smoke that fore is easier to pick flavors from.
    Glad to know Vinny this makes things easier now :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I have been favoring the torpedo and coronas. Coronas because it is so damn cold outside but when I burn one when I have the time for some reason the torpedo has been pleasing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me there is not a 'one size fits all' I generally prefer a toro in the morning, a corona, lancero or robusto in the afternoon. I don't go any bigger than a 54 for the most part (there are exceptions) I really like the look and feel of the box-press but they seem to have the most burn issues for me. I would have to say that the Churchill is my least favorite, for some reason they seem 'watered down'
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks here may not know that I like Cinco Vegas Gold. Mostly in Robust, Churchill, Toro and an occasional Nugget. Use to put the pointy ones aside and never really smoked them much. But when I was laid up supplies got really low and I started smoking them, and now I am kinda fond of them. Number 1s and Bullion's are still a bit much for me, but every once in awhile I will light one up. Like onestrangeone the larger seem to me to be watered down or just to much air comes through, maybe thinner is a good description.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Lately I have been favoring the torpedo and coronas. Coronas because it is so damn cold outside but when I burn one when I have the time for some reason the torpedo has been pleasing.
    Two big ones for me. Those and Lanceros would just about round it out the favorites for me.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    avengethis:
    Two big ones for me. Those and Lanceros would just about round it out the favorites for me.
    Yeah I love a good lancero too. I actually have an Opus Power ranger lined up for tonight. Love the little belicoso.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Toro's, robusto's, and corona's are my favs. The only time I'll buy anything over a 54 rg is if the smoke only comes in that size like the illusione gigantes.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im a big fan of a the coronas grandes... about 6ish by 42ish
    also a huge fan of perfectos, but so few companies have quality ones.

i have such a slow smoking style that the smaller cigars fit my time line better. and if i have more time rather than less i can always have another cigar.

im not really a fan of anything over a 52 ring, and only up to 52 if it is a tapered head like a perfecto or torpedo.