Johnny 5's 5000th Post Pass -- CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:
    Rule: #1 It doesn't go to me
    Rule #2 If it does JohnJohn is DEAD
    Thank you, may someone else suffer the consequences of this large pass! There's some great sticks in it.

I can't remember who the Shizz I voted for? Guess we will see in a week when the artillery lands
    LOL how did I miss this post SHIZZ. Dont remember that Being part of the original rules hahahha
    You are a chicken $hit !!!! You sound scared?!??!! Lmao
    will have to tally up the votes next week when it Gets back to me and we'll see who the winner is !!! Bahaha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:
    Thank you, may someone else suffer the consequences of this large pass! There's some great sticks in it.

I can't remember who the Shizz I voted for? Guess we will see in a week when the artillery lands
    LOL how did I miss this post SHIZZ. Dont remember that Being part of the original rules hahahha
    You are a chicken $hit !!!! You sound scared?!??!! Lmao
    will have to tally up the votes next week when it Gets back to me and we'll see who the winner is !!! Bahaha
    JimbJimboJimboJimboJimbo!
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    jimmyv723:
    rsherman24:
    Bigshizza:

Not sure who the Shizz I'm voting for yet either so guess we'll all have to smoke em if we got em until the results are in...

Sorry for the delay guys, between work prepping for New Years Eve and Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Family it's been real hectic. I would have liked to get it out this week but pulling 15 hour days tomorrow and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how this ends tho fo sho. Here are my Takes followed by my Puts and if all's good will get everything together...

Takes

Puts

I found a couple of those Tat Brown Lanceros when I was organizing my Wineador and had forgot I had them. Got them at an event back in AZ before I moved here so I've had them a couple years and they had a year or so on them when I got em.
    Holy smokes Jim!!! Those takes look absolutely delicious and the puts are fantastic. All looks great to me. Thanks for Being a part of this and for helping wrap up the pass. Don't sweat it if you don't get to the PO until early next week, should have a short trip from you to me...
    lookin forward to getting it in, repacking, and tallying up the votes for The winner.

Thanks to all Who've contributed To this. You guys are great. Will keep you all posted before I send back out to winner!!

Sounds good and a supposed 15 hour day today turned into 18 hours and have to be back there in about 8 hours. Wanted to jump on real quick and make sure everything was good though. Was tough deciding on Takes haha. Lots of great stuff in there and looking forward to seeing who gets absolutely destroyed lmao.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    So sorry guys, haven't forgotten about this but work has just been kicking my ass. Was supposed to have Monday and yesterday off but got called in for both days 12 hours each day and then had a 16 hour day today. Have another 12 hour day Friday but going to see if I can get my Mom to pick it up and get out for me. It's nice getting hours especially when you're part time but hate letting things hang like this because of it.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    So sorry guys, haven't forgotten about this but work has just been kicking my ass. Was supposed to have Monday and yesterday off but got called in for both days 12 hours each day and then had a 16 hour day today. Have another 12 hour day Friday but going to see if I can get my Mom to pick it up and get out for me. It's nice getting hours especially when you're part time but hate letting things hang like this because of it.
    Jim, understandable being busy this time of year, esp in your line of work. Hope you can get it out soon, I'll be on the lookout for it next week.

• Options
    This went out today and so sorry again for the delay guys. I had to work again today but had my Mom send it out since I wanted to make sure it got on its way. Will post the DC when I get it from her. Actually have a few days off now to recoup a bit from the Holidays and work which is nice.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    This went out today and so sorry again for the delay guys. I had to work again today but had my Mom send it out since I wanted to make sure it got on its way. Will post the DC when I get it from her. Actually have a few days off now to recoup a bit from the Holidays and work which is nice.
    thanks for the update, jim.

Edit:

looking over my spreadsheet now working on tallying up the final votes.

pretty darn close between first, second, and third place so i am going to double check all the pics in this thread & PMs with votes/nominees again to make sure I counted everything correctly.

don't want any "hanging chads"

will post a more detailed update when this gets back to me (total votes, total nominees, etc.)....before sending it back out

and LMK what you guys think --- but I'm leaning towards *not* posting the winner's name here ... instead will let it be a surprise when it lands. thoughts?

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm down for that...but if you'd pm me the winner, I would heart you.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I'm down for that...but if you'd pm me the winner, I would heart you.

What if you are the winner Randy? I like the idea of the winner finding out when it lands.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    People have to like you to win, so I'm safe :)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    People have to like you to win, so I'm safe :)
    Randy I heart you so don't you worry your pretty little head son ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear Redd's goes well with Black & Milds bro
  • Options
    Alright y'all just wanna let you know the pass made it back to me today. Only had a quick chance to peek inside and it was stuffed full!! You all rock!
    I'm going to snap a couple pics of the final sticks and get a count on them as well. Will get those posted up tomorrow along with the vote info.
    Planning to get this shipped back out before the weekend.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    minus your bag....it would seem odd receiving the cigars you put in....you dig?
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    minus your bag....it would seem odd receiving the cigars you put in....you dig?
    yes i got the bag :-) :-) :-)
    you all are sneaky i'll give you that. lesson learned: when tony sleeveplz asks to be first in a pass he has an ulterior motive and was setting me up for an a$$ whoopin' lol. very nice surprise, special thank you to tony and all who added sticks to "my bag". look forward to trying them all ... they look fantastic and most are new to me. (will get a pic or 2 of this up later)

but more importantly huge thanks to everyone who was involved with this and contributed to the pass in general. i would say this was a huge success and i'm super excited about how this turned out ...
    there are over 100 sticks in the pass that will be going to the winner.

i looked through everything last night and snapped some pics (will get those up later) .... almost everything was in perfect shape aside from 3 uncelloed sticks that got beat up pretty bad --- i'm going to switch them out before sending this back out. a couple of the boveda packs were pretty hard and not all the bags had a pack .... so i re-bagged everything each getting a boveda pack and got everything sitting snugly inside a cooler right now to "stay fresh" until I can get them back out to the winner in the next couple days.

vote info & pics coming later today .... stay tuned.

• Options
    151 -- total votes cast / total number of "puts"
    19 -- nominees receiving votes
    11 -- vote differential separating the top 5 nominees
    9 -- vote differential separating the other 14 nominees
    over 100 -- cigars going to winner

pic of the "final" contents of the pass that will go to the winner

and unfortunately these 3 didn't survive the trip.
    the wrappers are pretty heavily damaged and i don't think any of them would yield a good smoking experience. they have been removed and replaced. (don't worry they won't go to waste, i am going to donate them to "science")
    damaged pic

replacement pic

lastly, the bag for me that tony started and you guys all added too. thanks a ton but completely uncalled for!! they all look great & most are new to me. and another stogie stand too, sweet - i dig the look/pattern on this one.
    thanks all.
    pic

i need to pick up some "packing materials" from the store before i send this back out. plan on getting there tomorrow and will try to ship tomorrow too. if not this will go out monday at the absolute latest. will post the DC when i have it.

huge thanks again to everyone who participated and made this a big success. i think the "voting" was a hit and would consider doing this again with a future pass.

and congrats (sorry lol) in advance to the winner .... best prepare your mailbox and hide in a bunker lmao.
    you'll all find out who the winner is sometime next week when this lands. bwahahahaha!!!!!

• Options
    Absolutely awesome, better get yourself another cooler Jim ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Hehehehe +1
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hehehehe +1
    not so fast fellas, this was a damn close race and when i said in an earlier post that the top 3 were all within few votes of each other i'm not kidding ....

check this out:

1st place -- 28 total votes
    2nd place -- 26 total votes
    3rd place -- 22 votes

and shizz, are you listening to these 2 clowns? trying to stir the pot if you ask me lol

• Options
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hehehehe +1
    not so fast fellas, this was a damn close race and when i said in an earlier post that the top 3 were all within few votes of each other i'm not kidding ....

check this out:

3rd place -- 22 votes

and shizz, are you listening to these 2 clowns? trying to stir the pot if you ask me lol
    Someone once referred to me as "Spoon" for always trying to stir the pot.... I was insulted and surprised since I never do that EVER. ;)
  • Options
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hehehehe +1

check this out:

3rd place -- 22 votes

That's a lot closer than I would have thought, should be interesting!
  • Options
    John, PM to you brother.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    alright, a few of you have asked for it so i'm going to go ahead and post it up....

below you'll find the list of all nominees
    (listed in alphabetical order by forum name)

90+ Irishman
    bandyt09
    Bigshizza
    danielzreyes
    ddubridge
    First Warrior
    Glock1975
    greg2648
    jbohon
    kingjk729
    mmccartneydc
    MVW67
    onestrangeone
    Rain
    RCY Cigars
    rsherman24
    SleevePlz
    smoke em if you got em
    TwistedStem

everyone listed above is all on notice!!!!
    better fortify your mailboxes!!!!

who will win?
    stay tuned!!!!

also shipping note ....
    i won't be able to get this out until monday (sorry folks).
    (had to take the dog to vet today and won't have enough time to get to store for "packing materials" and get everything boxed up before PO closes this afternoon.)

• Options
    I think there's been a mistake, My name is Not supposed to be on this list!
  • Options
    onestrangeone:
    I think there's been a mistake, My name is Not supposed to be on this list!
    Says every one of us that is listed there lol.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    So happy to see this make it back to you and be the huge success that it was. Was there a rule about being able to give the votes you receive to someone else??? If so, go ahead and pass mine on to Drewski :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Hah, love that pic with the cigars stretching to infinity. Someone is gonna get beat up! What's the weight on all those? 7 lb at least?
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    Hah, love that pic with the cigars stretching to infinity. Someone is gonna get beat up! What's the weight on all those? 7 lb at least?
    No clue on exact weight but the large flat rate box was absolutely stuffed full, definitely had some bulk to it. Will remember to get the weight when I drop at PO

• Options
    SleevePlz:
    So happy to see this make it back to you and be the huge success that it was. Was there a rule about being able to give the votes you receive to someone else??? If so, go ahead and pass mine on to Drewski :)
    Lol nice try Tony but elections don't quite work like that!!! Hah!