Home Non Cigar Related

I'm recording an album

2»

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic!! I loved the original and yours in great !!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    After your pre-amble I thought it was gonna be marginal and I'd have to say something nice just cuz, but damn son you got talent. Legit talent! I'd pay to go see your show. Good luck with the album. Is it going to be all original material? What kind of genre?
    Hahah I like to keep expectations low. Thanks for the encouragement brothers, my album is going to be all original material that I wrote myself.
    As far as what it sounds like, I guess it's folk/blues/pop sort of. I'm a big fan of singer/songwriters like Jeff Buckley and Nick Drake.
    I'm just aiming for authenticity and hopefully the genre figures itself out.

I bought this today because the studio uses an RE-20 for a dynamic mic and I'm almost as picky with mics as I am with cigars. Almost. image
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    Employee #594 worked a double shift today. It felt so good to play some loud guitar today brothers. . .soo good.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Gratz to you sir, LIVE THE DREAM!! As an ex musician, recording your own stuff and playin it on stage is better than just about anything this little space rock(earth) has to offer
    I'll have a vid to share soon. Been working hard on this album. Music is the best and worst job. You basically have to decide if you want to go on American Idol or try to be your own man -- be an artist.

I chose the latter, and I am broke as a joke right now, but strong moves slow my friends. Strong moves slow.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Do it how you want to, screw everyone else on the planet!!!! Might not get paid, but your soul will love you for it. And yes it is the best and worst job all rolled into one, groupies, fame and regular people treating you like a loser cuz you play guitar....ah youre making me teary eyed LOL
    Been a while since I updated this, so. . .

I finished 4 songs before leaving the CLE and they're currently being mixed.  The delay is because of my relocation and attempting to communicate changes to the mix via phone and email.

Originally I was going to record a full album of my material, but my wife got an awesome job and I wasn't staying in Ohio a minute longer than I had to. Not because I hate Ohio, but because Ohio hates songwriters.

As it stands, I want to record 1 more song to include on the release and make it an EP instead of an LP. The reality is that I need to start playing open mics and opening for local acts asap and I need to have this thing ready to sell/give away when I do.

So right now I'm "networking", which in the music industry, is code for "drinking with people who are bigger douchebags than Guy Fieri".

I just need to find the right place to record that last tune and it's on.

Until then . . . Cheers Mr. Fieri and friends.