Home Non Cigar Related

How do i catch a frog? (Oh crap! ... Eff)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I think its little tree frog... I haven't seen it yet. But I know its there... We were eating dinner last night and out of the blue our Christmas tree started croaking! I would prefer our cats did not get to it before we did. Any suggestions as to coaxing it out and maybe relocating it outside?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure its not a squirrel? Great scene from Christmas Vacation
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    HA!!!! One of my favorite scenes! No... Not a squirrel... Unless it's a confused one that croaks.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a joke. did I ever tell you about the frog that could eat p... oh, nevermind.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Record it's call and play it back to him. He may come out to fight the perceived rival. He probably thinks it's springtime because you've brought him inside and he thinks the weather is good enough to come out and call for a mate.
    Bob Luken:
    Record it's call and play it back to him. He may come out to fight the perceived rival. He probably thinks it's springtime because you've brought him inside and he thinks the weather is good enough to come out and call for a mate.
    I had that idea last night... I caught the croaking on video with my phone and tried it a few times... but our cats were near the tree so it probably was freaked.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always burn him out.......
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    uhhhhhhhhhh no.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but this is funny. Can't believe the cats haven't gone in after it yet.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    i bet you if you put a small box will an opening on the side he will go into it during the night... or day... a sleeping spot.

Aj
    That's a good idea... I may do that tonight
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with this!!! miss piggy photo: Miss Piggy 128818666456111561.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    You could always burn him out.......
    LMAO Stubbs you kill me LOL
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a fly on a fly rod and cast upstream of the tree. It will work if your frog is hungry.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Got to pet store buy a few crickets put them in a plastic bottle poke some breathing holes in it and put it somewhere in a clearing of the tree...writhing a few hours that frog should be stuck to the side trying to eat them
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Got to pet store buy a few crickets put them in a plastic bottle poke some breathing holes in it and put it somewhere in a clearing of the tree...writhing a few hours that frog should be stuck to the side trying to eat them
    Damn! That's brilliant!
    Damn right it is! I didn't hear the frog last night.. So its quite possible the cats caught it first. If not ill try that idea tomorrow
    Stubble's idea is much easier. Just Sayin
    I would love to explain that to my home owners insurance...

"So Mr. Graham. Please Tell us what happened."

"Well there was this guy on my cigar forum. He told me to set my Christmas tree on fire because I wanted to get a frog out of it. It seemed like a good idea."
    LiquidChaos66:
    Damn right it is! I didn't hear the frog last night.. So its quite possible the cats caught it first. If not ill try that idea tomorrow
    Watch those cats for any health problems, digestive problems over the next day or so. Tree frogs? Who knows.
    They all came running into the house from the garage this morning just fine... but I will keep an eye on them... or for frog bones in their poop.
    I'm sure they wouldn't have eaten the frog...kill it yes chew it yes but frogs put out a Nast mucus in defense so I doubt it tasted good to the cats
    Money can't buy taste
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Any luck on this man? found any frog bones?

Aj
    Its croaked a few times since Friday... It sounded pretty weak. My wife wants to get crickets and DUMP THEM ON THE TREE LOOSE to feed the frog.... so instead of a frog (which might be dead lol) we will have a house over run with crickets now! lol little thing is still in there somewhere.
    So you now have a pet frog lol merry Christmas!
    Money can't buy taste
    Have you ever heard crickets? If they are the same ones I have around my backyard in the summer, they will make you forget about the frog. They chased the Fat Kid off a V-Herf one night.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Have you ever heard crickets? If they are the same ones I have around my backyard in the summer, they will make you forget about the frog. They chased the Fat Kid off a V-Herf one night.
    Those were mutant crickets from the blue lagoon. It was horrible......
    Damn. I miss a lot by not being in Vherf. :(
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Damn. I miss a lot by not being in Vherf. :(
    its open to anyone......you dont need a formal invite. the Thursday night ones tend to be the most interesting.
    I might pop on periodically but I would be cigarless (cant smoke in the house and TOO DANG COLD to smoke outside lol)

ALSO THE FROG IS STILL ALIVE! The wife is feeding it tonight. lol
    my wife bought a box of 30 crickets to feed our Christmas frog... well she was putting a few in the tree to feed said frog... AND DROPPED THE DAMN BOX!!!!!! LMAO! now we have a house full of FREAKING CRICKETS!!!! LMAO!!!! I cant stop laughing!!!! Our cats are having a field day!