Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Star struck

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    I work for a pop culture convention part time here in Seattle, I've hung out for four day weekends with Billy Dee Williams, Brent Spiner, Jonathon Frakes, Stan Lee, Patrick Stewart, Adam Baldwin, Laurie Holden, and Ron Perlman among others. Perlman reached over and took the second Man O War ruination out of my herfador, snaked his paw into my jacket pocket to grab my lighter and just lit up. after a few draws alternating with long sips of the Malbec he had in front of him he leaned back and said "if you keep bringing these to dinner and don't tell anyone, I'm picking up the tab all weekend". I asked him if that included dancing girls and the rest is unfit for print... Spiner also snaked a Oliva V to go with his scotch while we were sitting outside of Kells down in post alley. One of the smartest guys I've ever met.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bad Monkey:
    I work for a pop culture convention part time here in Seattle, I've hung out for four day weekends with Billy Dee Williams, Brent Spiner, Jonathon Frakes, Stan Lee, Patrick Stewart, Adam Baldwin, Laurie Holden, and Ron Perlman among others. Perlman reached over and took the second Man O War ruination out of my herfador, snaked his paw into my jacket pocket to grab my lighter and just lit up. after a few draws alternating with long sips of the Malbec he had in front of him he leaned back and said "if you keep bringing these to dinner and don't tell anyone, I'm picking up the tab all weekend". I asked him if that included dancing girls and the rest is unfit for print... Spiner also snaked a Oliva V to go with his scotch while we were sitting outside of Kells down in post alley. One of the smartest guys I've ever met.
    MOW FTWAnd XOXO Data!
  • Options
    perlman actually inhales, I think I would puke if I inhaled a ruination
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Bad Monkey:
    MOW FTWAnd XOXO Data!
    You win.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Well, I guess I´ve met a few, mostly because I grew up in a State capitol. Met Arnold Schwarzenegger at the California Capitol building once (just shook his hand), that was nifty... didn´t get to join in on the Capitol cigar tent however, THAT would´ve been WAY cool. Also met Kevin Johnson (former NBA All-Star) during a business seminar one time - learned I was at least tall enough to be a professional basketball player, if only missing all the requisite skill lol. Met a handful of the actors from Law & Order when they shot a film in my high-school town and I was a walk-on extra (TV movie from a book, ¨Gone, but not Forgotten¨). I don´t remember ever actually seeing myself in the movie though, so I guess I got cut out. My hotel in California hosted Lincoln Brewster and his family for a while (big name in Christian music), so that was nifty.

My wife is the one with the cool stories though, I think; she worked at a 5 star hotel when I first met her, and in the process had met Charlize Theron (VERY interesting story there), Anna Faris (very petite), Ben Kingsley ("such a nice guy, I really liked that guy"), and Sacha Baron Cohen.
    I'll take a guess and say Theron was a complete witch.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Bad Monkey:
    MOW FTWAnd XOXO Data!
    You win.
    nah, it's no big deal. one of the best stories i have is about Billy Dee. He was headed down to the photo room so all the fans who were willing to pay fifty bucks to get their picture taken with him could do just that. When he got down there Adam West was having a hissy fit that he (adam west) was a half hour early and was going to have to wait for Billy Dee to finish before he could do his photo op and go to lunch. Billy got ready and noticed that West was getting aggravated. Billy asked what was up and if there was anything we could do to help out. He was genuinely wondering if he could help someone else have a better day. When I told him that West was pissed that he got there early and was going to have to wait until his scheduled time Billy just looked at me for a second. Then he watched West berating the girl that was working the green room at the photo op for a minute. Then he said in a quiet, clear voice that managed to carry over to the other side of the hall, "*** Batman." Then he stood up, handed me his cane and walked over to the girl, took her shoulder and told her that she was the prettiest girl he'd met that day and to come along with him, he was going to need a little help over at the photo booth. Total schmooze move and left West spitting mad. When he got done with the photos fifteen minutes later, he walked past West and very quietly said "go put your underpants on the outside, a$$hole" and we walked out. As soon as we got around the corner he grabbed my arm and put damned near all his weight on me. He said "I hate guys like that, makes it hard for the rest of us to get lucky". Billy put the last bit of strength he had that day into making Adam West know what a jackwagon he was. I love that guy lol
  • Options
    Bad Monkey:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Bad Monkey:
    MOW FTWAnd XOXO Data!
    You win.
    nah, it's no big deal. one of the best stories i have is about Billy Dee. He was headed down to the photo room so all the fans who were willing to pay fifty bucks to get their picture taken with him could do just that. When he got down there Adam West was having a hissy fit that he (adam west) was a half hour early and was going to have to wait for Billy Dee to finish before he could do his photo op and go to lunch. Billy got ready and noticed that West was getting aggravated. Billy asked what was up and if there was anything we could do to help out. He was genuinely wondering if he could help someone else have a better day. When I told him that West was pissed that he got there early and was going to have to wait until his scheduled time Billy just looked at me for a second. Then he watched West berating the girl that was working the green room at the photo op for a minute. Then he said in a quiet, clear voice that managed to carry over to the other side of the hall, "*** Batman." Then he stood up, handed me his cane and walked over to the girl, took her shoulder and told her that she was the prettiest girl he'd met that day and to come along with him, he was going to need a little help over at the photo booth. Total schmooze move and left West spitting mad. When he got done with the photos fifteen minutes later, he walked past West and very quietly said "go put your underpants on the outside, a$$hole" and we walked out. As soon as we got around the corner he grabbed my arm and put damned near all his weight on me. He said "I hate guys like that, makes it hard for the rest of us to get lucky". Billy put the last bit of strength he had that day into making Adam West know what a jackwagon he was. I love that guy lol

But the real question...was Baldwin wearing his Jane hat?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    0patience:
    D Fresh:
    blutattoo:
    0patience:
    I had 2 trucks in the opening beach race scene of Goonies.
    A 69 Blazer and 70 Chevy pickup.

Over the years I've gotten to meet quite a few celebrities in the automotive industry at SEMA/AAPEX conventions in Las Vegas, because I was pretty involved in the automotive aftermarket diagnostics.
    Mario Andretti, Kenny Berenstein, mostly NHRA names. Got to meet Rick Dale, from Rick's Restoration, a couple years ago in Las Vegas. Years back got to meet Boyd Coddington and Chip Foose.

I miss going to the SEMA convention.
    My man's got Goonie cred. That's awesome.
    +1. That's so **** awesome...I grew up with that as my favorite movie. I just did the truffle shuffle in honor of 0patience
    Goonies, along with a ton of other movies were filmed in my home town.
    Goonies used my gas station as a staging area for the chase scene. Mostly to use the parking lot and restrooms.
    The log truck shown on Kindergarten Cop when they stop at the store is one that I built. The logging company I worked for supplied all of the log trucks for the movie. Mostly, the trucks sat all day, but the were paying for it.
    They have Goonies celebrations here all the time.
    You have to stop...Goonies and Kindergarten Cop?! It's not a tumor..

Wanted to post about this the other day, but photobucket was acting up. Best graffiti I've ever seen?

photo IMAG0395_zpskfmeyef1.jpg

• Options
    Martel:
    But the real question...was Baldwin wearing his Jane hat?
    No, he doesn't have it, Joss Wedon does. Baldwin did wear mine around all weekend though. A GF knitted me one for giggles a few years ago, she never thought I would actually wear it.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Apparently cigar guys get around! I thought I had an unusual story, but all you guys blowin up this thread have had some very cool encounters. Thanks for sharing!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Hays:
    Well, I guess I´ve met a few, mostly because I grew up in a State capitol. Met Arnold Schwarzenegger at the California Capitol building once (just shook his hand), that was nifty... didn´t get to join in on the Capitol cigar tent however, THAT would´ve been WAY cool. Also met Kevin Johnson (former NBA All-Star) during a business seminar one time - learned I was at least tall enough to be a professional basketball player, if only missing all the requisite skill lol. Met a handful of the actors from Law & Order when they shot a film in my high-school town and I was a walk-on extra (TV movie from a book, ¨Gone, but not Forgotten¨). I don´t remember ever actually seeing myself in the movie though, so I guess I got cut out. My hotel in California hosted Lincoln Brewster and his family for a while (big name in Christian music), so that was nifty.

My wife is the one with the cool stories though, I think; she worked at a 5 star hotel when I first met her, and in the process had met Charlize Theron (VERY interesting story there), Anna Faris (very petite), Ben Kingsley ("such a nice guy, I really liked that guy"), and Sacha Baron Cohen.
    I'll take a guess and say Theron was a complete witch.
    Not even CLOSE... I´ll PM ya, my wife didn´t want me sharing it publicly for fear of defamation lawsuits lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨