Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Contest

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Answer the following with a blurb, sentence, paragraph or novel. I'll pick my favorite and get some stuff out to you fo sho. Contest ends this Sunday. "What does CCom mean to you?"Aside from the Texas Alliance, I don't know any smokers around here, so it'd be a lonely hobby. Feels like just yesterday I became a member and was all nice and stuff. Now I'm a post fluffy troll who secretly loves you guys.

Comments

• SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Stogies and friends, maniacal, smoking friends....
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    True friend's are the ones you can go months without talking to and when you reconnect it's like nothing has changed.
    I'm glad that a few BOTLs reached out to me to come back.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Trolls
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Trolls
    Nachos
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    jliu:
    Trolls
    Nachos
    rawkin sawks
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    A place to just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on and explode.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well besides the great and helpful staff, the crazys on the forum are great too. I have been able to try cigars I otherwise would not have been able to and received a wealth of information. Thank you all!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a place to learn more about cigars, their flavors and make some new friends along the way.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TOTW
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius:
    Hopefully a place to learn more about cigars, their flavors and make some new friends along the way.
    where you at?
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a place that can cause wild fluctuations in your humidor, and you don't mind.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting for Brian to post so I can read the winning line. As for my description, this place is simply indescribable. It has to be experienced to be truly understood.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great people on here that have become true friends and I feel very close to since I joined. But nothing beats Herfing in person with the guys like in Chicago! Great times and hilarious memories.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Crisius:
    where you at?
    Yea, yea, where you at???
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Get lit son!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I've been around these forums for the highs and lows, somehow missing both forum blends, love the Vherf, love trolling DZR, though more on Facebook than here, I mess with Texas, I'm going to pull off the greatest bombing run since Glenn The Sniper one day, but mine will be in the form of the ultimate troll. Other than the occasional sabbatical away, something keeps bringing me back.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Friends, brothers, the occasional member of the peanut gallery and numerous smarta$$es throwin' bombs and duckin' retaliatory fire from Glock, RoRo and BigShizza while DZR chants "Get lit son!" shakin' some pom poms with his headphones on. In the background, Steve is shooting rattlesnakes with his revolver while Brad is loungin' in his recliner. Walt's busy weavin' lil kokopeli blankets while Jim sneaks some hand tools past Nurse Ratchett to whittle some fùckin bird houses. I'm pretty sure someone made some clocks, but I can't remember their name cuz the meds kicked in and I'm distracted by images of the crazy Irishman riding a white stallion topless with Fabio hair blowing in the wind holding a glass of scotch while riding down a band of armed Texans and a solitary magician holding out a cup of espresso...Oh yeah! The magician is stroking his mustache like Snidely Whiplash while he straps Edna to the tracks. CHOO CHOO!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Answer the following with a blurb, sentence, paragraph or novel. I'll pick my favorite and get some stuff out to you fo sho. Contest ends this Sunday. "What does CCom mean to you?"Aside from the Texas Alliance, I don't know any smokers around here, so it'd be a lonely hobby. Feels like just yesterday I became a member and was all nice and stuff. Now I'm a post fluffy troll who secretly loves you guys.
    I know of no one near me that smokes so I agree it would be a lonely hobby without you guys. My cousin that got me back into cigars would shat his pants if he knew I had coolers full of sticks now. I wouldn't know my head from my azz (some would say I still don't) without the forum. I've tried so many great cigars thanks to bombs and recommendations from members. I also would still be paying msrp for everything because I learned about the sprint sale and auction sites because of you guys.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Rain:
    I know of no one near me that smokes so I agree it would be a lonely hobby without you guys. My cousin that got me back into cigars would shat his pants if he knew I had coolers full of sticks now. I wouldn't know my head from my azz (some would say I still don't) without the forum. I've tried so many great cigars thanks to bombs and recommendations from members. I also would still be paying msrp for everything because I learned about the sprint sale and auction sites because of you guys.
    Ditto.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    "What does CCom mean to you?"

CCOM to me is "temptation"
    Forum to me is the "College of Cigar Knowledge"

I don't do facebook or any other social media, started hanging around here and look what happened. Have 3 humi's of some good cigars, met some good people and spent way too much money. Really classed me up a lot though, I even tuck my shirt in once in a while now.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Family.
    One God, One Truth
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What c.com means to me is honor and honesty, compassion and understanding, joy and sympathy, and maybe the most important, the realization that I am not alone.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    A place for mail box demolition experts.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Friends, brothers, the occasional member of the peanut gallery and numerous smarta$$es throwin' bombs and duckin' retaliatory fire from Glock, RoRo and BigShizza while DZR chants "Get lit son!" shakin' some pom poms with his headphones on. In the background, Steve is shooting rattlesnakes with his revolver while Brad is loungin' in his recliner. Walt's busy weavin' lil kokopeli blankets while Jim sneaks some hand tools past Nurse Ratchett to whittle some fùckin bird houses. I'm pretty sure someone made some clocks, but I can't remember their name cuz the meds kicked in and I'm distracted by images of the crazy Irishman riding a white stallion topless with Fabio hair blowing in the wind holding a glass of scotch while riding down a band of armed Texans and a solitary magician holding out a cup of espresso...Oh yeah! The magician is stroking his mustache like Snidely Whiplash while he straps Edna to the tracks. CHOO CHOO!
    Addy up :)
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome. Definitely the deserving winner! although he forgot to prose his own notable contribution to Ccom.
    PM to ya!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:

I do not have a good future here, lol. Perhaps Rain can put me back together again :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Edna20:
    ejgorman:

I do not have a good future here, lol. Perhaps Rain can put me back together again :)
    Sorry. I just typed whatever came to mind when I thought about my last year on the forums. At the time I could think of no other damsel, in distress or otherwise.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say you guys have meant a great deal to me in a time when I needed new friends and a distraction from life. I joined shortly after my band broke-up after 3 years of making music and money together. There were a lot of severed relationships that even preceded the band that I blamed on myself. At the time, I was also very sick.

Having a cigar was something I began to do more and more often as a way of clearing my head and planning my next move as a solo artist. I began to enjoy and seek out certain kinds of cigars because they were recommended here and found almost all of my favorite sticks because of you crazy folks. I really enjoy reading everyone's reviews on a stick before I spark it up.

I came here trying to trade Gurkhas (fvck me), but I found some great people and learned a lot more than I ever imagined.

Most of all, what Ccom means to me is generosity. I would have likely never tried some brands that have been bombed to me, and conversely, I have enjoyed bombing others with new things.

Just wanted to add some love to the thread. No contest entry necessary. I feel blessed to have found such a great community of people.
    Now...AAhem...back to plotting my destruction of some Least coaster.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Edna20:
    ejgorman:

Sorry. I just typed whatever came to mind when I thought about my last year on the forums. At the time I could think of no other damsel, in distress or otherwise.

No problem, I was honored to have made the story :) Now if only I could get the image of Brett riding his white horse out of my head...
    Team O'Donnell FTW!