Home General Discussion

I need a new bourbon...... Any recommendations?

2»

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Weller.   No question.  Buffalo Trace Distillery and $19.95 a botte.  Best kept secret. hard to find lately.
    Eagle rare is another under the radar for price...
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eagle Rare is one of the very best you can get for the price. Around here when you can find it it’s around $35 and darn near nothing can touch it for that price. It’s one of the Buffalo Trace bourbons that had staid really steady and is still great from one bottle to the next. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it takes time to finally smoke fine Cubans and other top shelf cigars, so it is with beverages. Just skip the pain, time and money of choking down mediocre alcohol and get right to the 12 year and older aged scotch whiskey. Then again if you love a nice $3 cigar and inexpensive rye then you have been blessed. Either way we should all smoke and drink what we like, you got some good recommendations here, I may even try one ;-) 

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Oyam123 said:
    Like it takes time to finally smoke fine Cubans and other top shelf cigars, so it is with beverages. Just skip the pain, time and money of choking down mediocre alcohol and get right to the 12 year and older aged scotch whiskey. Then again if you love a nice $3 cigar and inexpensive rye then you have been blessed. Either way we should all smoke and drink what we like, you got some good recommendations here, I may even try one ;-) 

I've been blessed. 

dumb and dumber GIF

and,.... $3 cigars!

• jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Weller.   No question.  Buffalo Trace Distillery and $19.95 a botte.  Best kept secret. hard to find lately.
    I had a bottle of Old Weller years ago. Best I've had! It was 107 proof. 
  • jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Old Grandad Bonded is all you need. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milton Berle liked to rib George Burns about smoking El Producto, cause he only smoked "Havanas". So it would seem that even if you have the money, high price isn't always what someone considers the best.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a new one the other day because I had nothing better to do. Bird dog it was called. Maybe I'm a tasteless savage but I enjoyed every drop