Home Non Cigar Related

1256 Republican

2»

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmm. Interesting...
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Who did the better job by what measure?  Bush was handed 9/11, Obama the banking crisis.  I sometimes wonder how Obama would have handled 9/11 if it happened on his watch.  I don't think as well as Bush did it.  We were back up and running in a week, united, pissed and ready to kick azz.
    I have wondered many times would there have even been a 9/11 if Bush was never "Elected". I mean, it was his Father who was in Office during Desert Storm and you have to think that his Son then being the President as well played some kind of part in that. 
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    While many here are too busy picking sides, the truth is that our government, regardless of which political affiliation is holding office, has dropped the ball when it comes to representing the populace of this beautiful country. 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723 said:
    I have wondered many times would there have even been a 9/11 if Bush was never "Elected". I mean, it was his Father who was in Office during Desert Storm and you have to think that his Son then being the President as well played some kind of part in that. 
    You know I've thought that too, but the 1st war was to save Kuwait and Saudi's from Sadam's invasion.  How would that have turned out if we kept going into Bahgdad instead of stopping then?  Would Trump be building resorts, lol.  Do any of you remember when that first started and those 2 CNN reporters were stuck in that hotel broadcasting, that was some funny stuff.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not universal health care. Republicans said if universal health care was even on the table they would walk away from the discussions. What we have is a universal enrollment program that benefited insurance companies and lobbyists which the republicans pushed for, and then walked away and decried after the fact. 
    It's not universal health care. Republicans said if universal health care was even on the table they would walk away from the discussions. What we have is a universal enrollment program that benefited insurance companies and lobbyists which the republicans pushed for, and then walked away and decried after the fact. 
    Correct. And the insurance companies have cashed in, by using it as an excuse to raise rates while watching the blame for their greed fall on Obama. Which so many are all too happy to do.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, how did that happen? Doubled your post.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    SleevePlz said:
    jd50ae said:
    Do not underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people.

Which large group of stupid people are you referring to? The ones that twice elected Bush, the guy that blatantly fabricated evidence to go to war with Iraq, leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of human lives or the ones that twice elected a president that passed universal health care? Personally, I learned this lesson all too well in 2004.
    So then, are you saying you think Obama has done a better job? And, if so, in what way?
    Hey, I'll take this one. When Obama came in Bush had left him with an economy in ruins, gigantic job losses, a gigantic federal deficit built on uncontrolled war spending and ill-advised tax breaks for wealthy Americans, creation of the biggest, privacy invading, authoritarian bureaucracy of all time (the Dept. of Homeland Security), more than 100,000 brave soldiers stuck in pointless wars, with dozens getting picked off each month by suicide bombers, Al Queda militias (who weren't there before the Iraq war) and future ISIS militants, the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression, and a nearly completely unregulated financial industry.

What do we now have 6 years later?

- 63 straight months of private sector job growth 
    - A better record of job creation and unemployment lowering than Ronald Reagan, who was consider the best job creator
    - Nearly five years of economic growth
    - America is about to become the world's largest oil producer
    - 10 million Americans have did not have access to affordable health care now have access to it
    - The federal workforce is smaller than it was under Bush, due to job cuts and non-hiring
    - The stock market is at all time highs
    - 90% of American soldiers who were stuck in the unsolveable Iraq quagmire are now 
    home
    - Nearly all of the top Al Queda leaders responsible for 9/11 are now dead
    - Tax revenues are at their highest level in years, thanks to the ending of tax break for billionaire
    - There is more regulation of the financial industry to reduce the possibility of them destroying American again, but not enough
    - Interest rates have been at their lowest levels the longest in history, helping millions of American consumers and businesses pay less for mortgages and other loans
    - American dependence on foreign oil is at its lowest ever, and in 2015 American will become a net energy exporter
    - The federal deficit is half of what Bush left Obama in the beginning of 2009
    - More than 500,00 manufacturing jobs have been created

If any of this had happened under McCain or Romney, conservatives would be calling either one of them among the best presidents of all time. It just kills them to admit that America is in the longest period of economic growth since the Clinton era. 

People can complain all they want about Obamacare, and premiums for some have gone up significantly, but for many people, including myself, premiums have gone down. People can complain that there is too much regulation, but the reason America is nearly energy independent is because Obama hasn't done anything to regulate the uncontrolled fracking that is now turning states like Oklahoma--which had no significant history of earthquakes--into one of the America's most seismographically active regions of the country. People can complain that Obama is trying to restrict their liberties, but he as not enacted--or even seriously try to enact--a single law that restricts gun rights, freedom of  expression, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom of choice, the freedom to vote. Freedom of privacy? Well, yes, he did allow the Bush era snooping to continue, but today even many Republicans want this to continue.  

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could click agree more than once. You summed up what I wanted to say perfectly, but didn't want to type out on my stupid iPad.
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     Do you recall when President Obama spoke ( I think it was the 1st time before Congress ) when Joe Wilson shouted he was a liar during a televised broadcast ? Kinda gave an idea of how he was accepted and what we were in for. 
     Personally I believe it is time to lay blame at the feet of Congress for a multitude of reasons.