Brick and Moron

CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
Stopped by a B&M today, about 20 miles out from me, and looked at their selection. Almost every piece was over-priced by a few bucks. Other than the Oliva. One of which I bought for 5.99 (Oliva Series G), mainly because I haven't had any Cigars in a month-month and a half.

Almost all the Cigars were rock solid. Checked their humidifier. 38-40. Not 60. Not 70. It was set in the 38-40 range. >.> I wanted to smack the kid working there but he said they haven't stocked it in months and that I'm the first guy to even look at the cigars in a month. I guess the "owner" set it up. Oh and it's all laminated press board/show case shelving and sliding glass doors. The only way they could get any cheaper a build is if they used green pine and plastic doors for the casing. >.>

Comments

• youngryan216youngryan216 Colorful Colorado Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭
    Typical. Hope you enjoyed the Oliva at least . . . Though I'm not sure how anyone enjoys an Oliva.

Zing! 

ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Ryan you better check your self before you wreck yo self.  

Was this a legit a B&m or one of those notorious smoke shops we have up here that sell hookah, pipes, ****, bombs, ****, cigarettes and dip? 
    Doesn't sound too legit.  
  • CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Ryan, I didn't like the first Oliva I had. It just tasted "dark", couldn't discern any flavors. Now with the Series G, I got a cedar taste out of it and it got peppery towards the end. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I've had brands where I've liked some blends and disliked others. It's a lot like ****. >.> They all have pretty much the same wrappings but the flavor can vary quite a bit. Not right to judge one by the other.

Ryan you better check your self before you wreck yo self.  

Was this a legit a B&m or one of those notorious smoke shops we have up here that sell hookah, pipes, ****, bombs, ****, cigarettes and dip? 
    Doesn't sound too legit.  

Not Legit. But I still dropped some knowledge to the owner who admitted he didn't know anything about cigars. They had a couple full boxes in there too, all of which had rock solid (in feel) cigars in them. Cohiba Red Dot, Rocky Patel Edge and 15th Anniversary, 2 different boxes of the Oliva, and a box of ACID Kuba Deluxe. A handful of the Cigarillo's tins. The "Honey" whatevers. Along with 10-15 boxes of cigars I just don't recognize.

It was a sad sight. The Series G though smoked fine and must of been a newer addition to the case.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 4,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the G's, in both maduro and cameroon.  For the money, they can't be beat.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I love the G's, in both maduro and cameroon.  For the money, they can't be beat.
    Obviously, you have a refined sense of taste.
    "It is a simple matter to determine when a true genius has arrived on earth, all the dunces will convene to form a coalition against him."  --  Jonathon Swift

Simple reductive logic reveals every "Zero Tolerance" policy to be, in fact, a "Zero Intelligence" policy.--Me

A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves.  
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast St. John IndianaPosts: 1,011 ✭✭✭
    I love the Oliva O's maduro. They don't run them on special often though.
    Went to a 2nd one today that had their humidity with like a room humidifier in each case (still press board and sliding glass) that were set at 64.5. Got 2 Romeo 1875's there. Previously had 1 from Smok3y, got 2 this time and gave one to my cousin, he liked it and I liked the one I had previously.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Colorful Colorado Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭
    I was just giving you a hard time about Oliva, imo there are many better value brands, but to each his own. Always smoke what you like.

B&M's are hit or miss though man. If you can find one by searching google that is Zagat rated, it's probably legit. A lot of better B&M's even have virtual tours on their websites.

Lots of deals online too homie. Online cigar shopping will change/ruin your life.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    Oh, I know. It's more about usually only having the funds together to get a couple at a time. @Bigshizza and @SM0K3Y know I've got something on the way as it is that I grabbed that I'm looking forward to.

If I had the cash there's about 600-1000 bucks worth of stuff I'd grab right now.
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the O and G and don't want to leave out the NUB's or the V's in any of their different blends. 
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    B&Ms, for me anyways are more about atmosphere, than getting a good price