Home General Discussion
Options

Brick and Moron

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
Stopped by a B&M today, about 20 miles out from me, and looked at their selection. Almost every piece was over-priced by a few bucks. Other than the Oliva. One of which I bought for 5.99 (Oliva Series G), mainly because I haven't had any Cigars in a month-month and a half.

Almost all the Cigars were rock solid. Checked their humidifier. 38-40. Not 60. Not 70. It was set in the 38-40 range. >.> I wanted to smack the kid working there but he said they haven't stocked it in months and that I'm the first guy to even look at the cigars in a month. I guess the "owner" set it up. Oh and it's all laminated press board/show case shelving and sliding glass doors. The only way they could get any cheaper a build is if they used green pine and plastic doors for the casing. >.>

Comments

• Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Typical. Hope you enjoyed the Oliva at least . . . Though I'm not sure how anyone enjoys an Oliva.

Zing! 

ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Ryan you better check your self before you wreck yo self.  

Was this a legit a B&m or one of those notorious smoke shops we have up here that sell hookah, pipes, ****, bombs, ****, cigarettes and dip? 
    Doesn't sound too legit.  
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ryan, I didn't like the first Oliva I had. It just tasted "dark", couldn't discern any flavors. Now with the Series G, I got a cedar taste out of it and it got peppery towards the end. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I've had brands where I've liked some blends and disliked others. It's a lot like ****. >.> They all have pretty much the same wrappings but the flavor can vary quite a bit. Not right to judge one by the other.

Ryan you better check your self before you wreck yo self.  

Was this a legit a B&m or one of those notorious smoke shops we have up here that sell hookah, pipes, ****, bombs, ****, cigarettes and dip? 
    Doesn't sound too legit.  

Not Legit. But I still dropped some knowledge to the owner who admitted he didn't know anything about cigars. They had a couple full boxes in there too, all of which had rock solid (in feel) cigars in them. Cohiba Red Dot, Rocky Patel Edge and 15th Anniversary, 2 different boxes of the Oliva, and a box of ACID Kuba Deluxe. A handful of the Cigarillo's tins. The "Honey" whatevers. Along with 10-15 boxes of cigars I just don't recognize.

It was a sad sight. The Series G though smoked fine and must of been a newer addition to the case.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the G's, in both maduro and cameroon.  For the money, they can't be beat.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I love the G's, in both maduro and cameroon.  For the money, they can't be beat.
    Obviously, you have a refined sense of taste.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I love the Oliva O's maduro. They don't run them on special often though.
  • Options
    Went to a 2nd one today that had their humidity with like a room humidifier in each case (still press board and sliding glass) that were set at 64.5. Got 2 Romeo 1875's there. Previously had 1 from Smok3y, got 2 this time and gave one to my cousin, he liked it and I liked the one I had previously.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I was just giving you a hard time about Oliva, imo there are many better value brands, but to each his own. Always smoke what you like.

B&M's are hit or miss though man. If you can find one by searching google that is Zagat rated, it's probably legit. A lot of better B&M's even have virtual tours on their websites.

Lots of deals online too homie. Online cigar shopping will change/ruin your life.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Oh, I know. It's more about usually only having the funds together to get a couple at a time. @Bigshizza and @SM0K3Y know I've got something on the way as it is that I grabbed that I'm looking forward to.

If I had the cash there's about 600-1000 bucks worth of stuff I'd grab right now.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the O and G and don't want to leave out the NUB's or the V's in any of their different blends. 
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    B&Ms, for me anyways are more about atmosphere, than getting a good price