Home Non Cigar Related

Won't compromise.

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
For me its Thomas' English muffins. It just has to be them. My wife tries to bring in a different brand and I am just not accepting. So where don't, or you won't, compromise?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fvcking love Thomas English muffins..
    for me if it isn't hellmann's mayo I'm not eatin it. That other crap just plain sucks. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a cup of coffee that either I didn't roast or didn't personally know the person who did roast it in many years.

And I like my Charmin.  LOL.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frosted mini wheats, not the malt-O-meal stuff.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I fvcking love Thomas English muffins..
    for me if it isn't hellmann's mayo I'm not eatin it. That other crap just plain sucks. 
    Man its gotta be Hellman's in this house. I broke up with a girl that loved Miracle Whip. Don't miss her or the Miracle Whip!
    The mini ones are the shhiiiittttt
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I hate helmans, best foods, and miracle  whip. Thomas English muffins are the best though. 
    peter4jc said:
    Haven't had a cup of coffee that either I didn't roast or didn't personally know the person who did roast it in many years.

And I like my Charmin.  LOL.
    I work for a large coffee roaster/manufacturer and I know what you mean about coffee.I respect the smaller roasters and their ability to pay close attention to detail, freshness  and quality. For years my wife wouldn't buy Charmin. You pick your battles and that is one I wouldn't engage. Then one day about a year ago or so the youngest son started complaining about the toilet paper saying his friends had Charmin and why couldn't we? Low and behold we are a Charmin household and I couldn't be happier.
    One of my favorite cereals. I do not eat a lot of breakfast and the kids and wife are the real cereal eaters. Every once in a while I see it in rotation and grab a big ass bowl of them.  Slurping down the milk afterwards is my favorite.
    Eulogy said:
    I hate helmans, best foods, and miracle  whip. Thomas English muffins are the best though. 
    Strike 1
    -- Winston Churchill

Helmans just tastes too eggy for me and miracle whip tastes **** terrible. It's all about kraft with olive oil mayo.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Miracle whip (vs mayo of any brand)  Mircale whip and liversausage sandwich is the bomb!!!  LOL

Captain Crunch (vs any ceral)

Cool Whip (vs whpped cream)

Bam!!!

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Eww...most of you like mayo over miracle whip?  You guys are nasty.. :p
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:

Captain Crunch (vs any ceral)

If you're like me, half the choice in cereals is all about what it does to the remain milk once the cereal's gone.  Cap'n Crunch milk is the best.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited July 2015
    Eating miracle whip is like eating a  diarhea sandwich
    -- Winston Churchill

-- Winston Churchill

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Thomas all the way, use the big ones for my burgers.  Pretty agreeable for a change on something's, but only temporary.  No compromise on some meats though.

No liver
    No lamb
    never
    Lamb is delicious, miracle whip needs to go out of business, and captain crunch is awesome but cuts the roof of your mouth. 
    Usaf06 said:
    Eating miracle whip is like eating a  diarhea sandwich
    Best description yet!
    CvilleE said:
    Uh Yea! The only thing miraculous about Miracle Whip is that it still is available.
    Thomas all the way, use the big ones for my burgers.  Pretty agreeable for a change on something's, but only temporary.  No compromise on some meats though.

No liver
    No lamb
    never
    Have you ever had a Greek Gyro sandwich. While not pure lamb, it does have lamb meat mixed in with other. Really delicious. I never ate a lot of lamb. Then I moved an hour from Chicago Il. There is a great number of Greek heritage residents and lamb is very popular. I really love it. Especially lamb chops. Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
    CvilleE said:
    Then I love being nasty.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked bacon,basil and tomato sandwitch with Hellmans. The tomato and basil from our garden. The bacon from a friend who raises porkers. Grilled lamb with lemon, garlic, and rosemary is pretty good. I'm getting hungry.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Peanut Butter.....Skippy Creamy and nothing else,
    Ketchup.............Heinz  and nothing else
    Miracle Whip and Mayo both svck, but Miracle Whip svcks a little less.
    Cap'n Crunch would always be my first choice in cereal, but I would eat just about any.
     ( Except Wheaties) I would eat the box first.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hellmans tartar sauce. Everything else is a poor second 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and miracle whip is da bomb!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cereal: grape nuts or granola first, multi grain Cheerios and then grape nuts flakes on top and add fruit....tasty!
    Miracle Whip: Yuck
    tater tots: Yummy
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭

No liver
    No lamb
    never
    Have you ever had a Greek Gyro sandwich. While not pure lamb, it does have lamb meat mixed in with other. Really delicious. I never ate a lot of lamb. Then I moved an hour from Chicago Il. There is a great number of Greek heritage residents and lamb is very popular. I really love it. Especially lamb chops. Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
    I have not tried that, is there bacon in it?  I've really never been to a real Greek restaurant either, lamb is popular in their culture.  But it always has a slight, for lack of a better term, pissy aftertaste.  I guess with the right spices and jellies but it just doesn't appeal to me like beef or pork.  I can eat that with just salt and pepper if I have too.

Lobster either, yuk.  Coming from Maine I'm not supposed to admit that but we're family here, lol.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    I prefer making all this stuff from scratch.won't drink anything that isn't in my strawberry mug.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    Bigshizza said:
    Cereal: grape nuts or granola first, multi grain Cheerios and then grape nuts flakes on top and add fruit....tasty!
    Miracle Whip: Yuck
    tater tots: Yummy

When I was my healthiest I always had grape nuts in the pantry. That was a long time ago though. I need to buy some grape nuts. I love tater tots. When I see hamburger meat out to thaw my first comment to my wife is do we have tater tots? If not. I go get them.
    Smoked bacon,basil and tomato sandwitch with Hellmans. The tomato and basil from our garden. The bacon from a friend who raises porkers. Grilled lamb with lemon, garlic, and rosemary is pretty good. I'm getting hungry.

In my opinion there is nothing better than a  fresh ripened off the vine tomato. I can eat them like an apple. That sandwich sounds delicious. If I saw it on a menu I would have to try it.