Home Non Cigar Related

Won't compromise.

2»

Comments

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Oh and miracle whip is da bomb!
    When it comes to Miracle Whip "da bomb" has a different meaning for me. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on Hellman's, hell no on Miracle Whip!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I will not compromise on is sharp cutting tools. If I'm in the kitchen with a cutting board my knife is diamond honed. In my studio either turning or carving my tools have to be stropped like a razor. Sometimes It takes me 20 minutes to sharpen a carving tool. I protect my edges. Outside work with a chainsaw is the same. I always sharpen my chainsaws before i put them away. I won't use a dull tool. 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Italian Beef Combo with Giardeniera (Italian Beef and italian Sausage)

There is no better sandwich anywhere in this universe 

B) 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me its car parts for my wifes pontiac . I dont buy universal parts or rebuilds. I knows its usually more but its my wifes car you know. But for my truck i will .weird ?

no matter where you go, there you are.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I will not compromise on is sharp cutting tools. If I'm in the kitchen with a cutting board my knife is diamond honed. In my studio either turning or carving my tools have to be stropped like a razor. Sometimes It takes me 20 minutes to sharpen a carving tool. I protect my edges. Outside work with a chainsaw is the same. I always sharpen my chainsaws before i put them away. I won't use a dull tool. 
    in agreement with you 100% @First_Warrior .

sharp cutting tools make work a lot easier and less dangerous. 
    using a dull knife, axe, saw blade, etc. is just asking for trouble ....
    it's too easy to slip-up while using a dull instrument & a good way to lose a finger (or worse)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only a few things that i'm really set on:

- double ply TP. 
    - heinz' ketchup.
    - general mills cheerios (the knockoff brands have a different texture IMO).
    - and, after eating fresh, farm raised chickens from the in-laws' farm, i can not go back to eating supermarket chicken.....tyson, butterball, etc from the supermarket seem so g'damn rubbery and flavorless now.

otherwise, i'm not too attached to any particular product or brand and will give generic or competitive brands a shot if they're a better deal.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I am miracle whip, wife is hellmans. Nothing better than an after thanksgiving sandwich with leftover turkey tomato bacon and miracle whip. If I want a red bull and vodka, it has to be red bull. Coca cola over any other cola (although don't really drink it unless it has captain in it) Thomas English muffins for me. Berkeley fishing line, monfiliment, Xikar cutters, good car stereo vs factory crap. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    I am miracle whip, wife is hellmans. Nothing better than an after thanksgiving sandwich with leftover turkey tomato bacon and miracle whip. If I want a red bull and vodka, it has to be red bull. Coca cola over any other cola (although don't really drink it unless it has captain in it) Thomas English muffins for me. Berkeley fishing line, monfiliment, Xikar cutters, good car stereo vs factory crap. 
    especially the blue red bull
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hellman's.

Home grown Tomatoes, cucumbers and cantaloupe

• armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     I have tried different brats from all over. I still go back to Johnsonville. My brother had some packed in a cooler and sent to me in Germany. I had all the German neighbors over for a cookout. I was asked all the time when I would be getting more.
     Always Johnsonville no exceptions.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Q-Tips. Store brand is an absolute no-go.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    armyvet said:
     I have tried different brats from all over. I still go back to Johnsonville. My brother had some packed in a cooler and sent to me in Germany. I had all the German neighbors over for a cookout. I was asked all the time when I would be getting more.
     Always Johnsonville no exceptions.
    I was thinking about throwing some brats in the smoker. Usually go to the local butcher. Maybe I will go the Johnsonville route. That's high praise coming from your German neighbors.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned real butter over margarine yet?

Or maybe that just goes without saying...
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good underwear.

DKNY, Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis

They all just fit so much better. 

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    matkn293 said:
    Berkeley fishing line, monfiliment, 
    @matkn293Spend some time on the water with me and I will change this.  I rarely use mono anymore. Only for crankbaits 

Soft plastics and Jigging, I use Seaguar Flourocarbon. It is denser thatn water so it sinks. Virtually invisible underwater, and much less stretch than mono. You feel more with it, especially when Carolina rigging. You will have to learn to tie Palomar knots with it. 

Trust me, you will forever shun your mono after using this stuff.  B)
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    TP, Campbell's Tomato Soup (anything else can be generic), Fruity Pebbles as a late night snack (not the bagged stuff).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said: I use Seaguar Flourocarbon. It is denser thatn water so it sinks. Virtually invisible underwater, and much less stretch than mono.
    +1 I switched to flouricarbon a couple years back and have not regretted it

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I like real boobs over fake ones. Fake boobs just scream 'character flaw-I'm incredibly insecure here' to me.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like real boobs over fake ones. Fake boobs just scream 'character flaw-I'm incredibly insecure here' to me.
    Boobs are real.... unicorns are fake.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone already said this but I'll say it again. Honor, the willingness to do the right thing no matter what.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miracle whip!  Hellman's is just miracle whip that isn't finished.  REAL Q-Tips, nothing less will do.  Generic q-tips are for cleaning parts, not my parts, metal parts.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • GuitarCentaurGuitarCentaur Posts: 21
    Bavarian style sauerkraut, the others aren't strong enough. Warm beer, during get togethers I'll always pull a few beers out of the fridge and let them sit for a while.